Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2012 7:55:50 PM EDT
I have the M300 and like it but it's almost feels in the way. Anyone use a  Gear Sector offset flashlight mount? Opinions, any better options?
This is what I have now .
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 for the Gear Sector offset light mount, I've been running one for a few years now and just got a new one for my Fury Defender- lumen upgrade from my previous light. Puts the light in a perfect spot for my thumb although I'm running a magpul AFG and no pressure pad so you probably will not be worried about that. Looking at your setup and railspace an offset mount makes sense, more room by moving your pressure pad cording up out of the way giving you easier hand placement. I imagine if you got big meathooks like myself your probably fighting with the back of that light alot. The mount is high quality & rock solid and once I installed it I've never had to mess with it, never has come loose, and I reef on that thing when practicing. It's simple and it looks good and does not take up alot of room on the rails, you really can't go wrong if you go with one. Also GS customer service is awesome, JTrusty's the man.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Love the Gear Sector mount. They make great stuff.
ETA: Since you are using a carbine length handguard, you may want to look into something like the IWC Thorntail to get the light a little further out and make room for your hand. IWC Thorntail

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IWC / HSP Thorntail and SBR Thorntail. Gets the light off the side, and up tight to the rifle.  

There is not much info on their website. Can these be mounted on both the left or right side of the rail?
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes.  Left or right side.  High or low on the rail.  Completely and simply reversible.
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally prefer the larue lt-752. Hugs the light tight, and QD.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I like my Gear Sector (M600 though)

Link Posted: 9/5/2012 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for gear sector here.  I'm using one on my mk18 and once the patriot brown ones are back in stock I'll be using 2 more on my cqbr and block II SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 12:51:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I also like the HS Thorntail.  Puts the light forward and off the rails.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I like my LaRue mount for my scout light, but the above are all good options.  I feel like an inline mount is in the way too so anything  offset is nice.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is the thorntail sbr mount on my rifle

Link Posted: 9/15/2012 3:41:09 AM EDT
[#14]
another vote for gear sector,plus you have color choices
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
another vote for gear sector,plus you have color choices

Got one coming from Aim Surplus
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I got the Gear Sector mount today. Too bad the torque key is too big for the surefire screws
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been using my Danger Close mount alot lately and it's by far the better mount IMOP. DCC for the win!
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got the Gear Sector mount today. Too bad the torque key is too big for the surefire screws

For the record, we include everything required to install our replacement mount. We also include the proper sized torx key to remove the factory Surefire base. That said, Surefire has recently changed the BOM for their Scout Lights. We put in a call regarding this after we learned ( from a customer ) that the torx key we were including no longer fit the Scout lights factory base screws. The problem will continue to exist so long as older stock Scout lights exist on vendor shelves and continue to circulate in the marketplace. ( ie some require a T6 torx while others require a T9 torx ). According to Surefire their BOM calls for a T6 torx to remove the factory base which is exactly what we include.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Yes the T6 worked on my older M600 scout light. I will have to go to sears to get the T9 Torx.  The mount looks great and moves the flashlight out of the way of my grip.
Aim Surplus states in the specs that a T9 Torx is included. Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Another +1 for the Gear Sector mount...I have three.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I personally prefer the larue lt-752. Hugs the light tight, and QD.

+1

The Gear Sector is a nice mount, too (I have had a couple), but I have become a LT fanboy. Note also that the M300 with offset mounts (excepting perhaps the thorntail stuff) may interfere with the front sight due to the bezel rubbing against it; this is an issue with KAC front sights. Just something to be aware of.

Link Posted: 9/19/2012 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#22]
IWC thorntail is what I use, excellent mount.  Pulls the light in tight, gives you options on where to place the light, and priced right.  Larue is overpriced and QD isn't needed for a light.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I was between the Gear Sector and the Thorntail for an M600. I ultimately chose the Thorntail because I had limited rail space to work with and liked the idea of the light forward.

Maybe on down the road I'll try the GS mount, they make great stuff just like IWC does.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
IWC thorntail is what I use, excellent mount.  Pulls the light in tight, gives you options on where to place the light, and priced right.  Larue is overpriced and QD isn't needed for a light.

Which is why you can buy the vfz version for 50 less.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top