Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2015 1:54:05 AM EDT
I have a regular centurion rail and currently use an HSP thorntail that runs my M600 with a KM2 head at the 2 o'clock.
I have a PEQ being issued and I'm going to run it as far forward as possible against my front back up sight. Will the lasers have
any issues with interference? Aka will the KM2 block the laser?

If anyone can confirm, are there recommended  alternatives?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
A peq what
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A peq what
View Quote

This. Need to know what you're being issued.

That said, the easy thing to do is move the Surefire.  Or get a unity tactical hub.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
UNITY's ATPIAL adaptor combined with VTAC's "FUSION Micro Hub" will do what you want with the added bonus of adding a front BUIS.

Here's a setup with a SF M600 scout - https://www.instagram.com/p/-pzVNPg0sz/?taken-by=unitytactical

it comes in left or right side versions and can be used with their flip or fixed front sights- http://www.unitytactical.com/shop/fusion-atpial-adapter/

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A peq what
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A peq what

If using a regular KAC rail get the HSP drop wing. I don't think any of the HSP products will block a peq15 as they're all designed for operators operating operationally. And operators use peq15s or whatevs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If using a regular KAC rail get the HSP drop wing. I don't think any of the HSP products will block a peq15 as they're all designed for operators operating operationally. And operators use peq15s or whatevs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A peq what

The thorntail won't work if you're mounting the light and LAM anywhere near each other on the rail.  An HSP dropwing or the Unity Tactical options mentioned above are pretty much the only options with an ATPIAL.

At 2 o'clock, with a thorntail, you'd either have to mount the light really far forward or move the LAM pretty far rearward, like this (another members picture):

Even with this option, with the KM2 head being as large as it is, there's a good chance it may block one of the lasers.

Here's one of my uppers (the bottom one) with an ATPIAL and an SF Scout with the Unity Tactical ATPIAL mount and Micro Hub:

Another option for OP would be just switching back to the stock Scout mount or an aftermarket unit that doesn't have an offset and just mounting the light at 3 o'clock.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
UNITY's ATPIAL adaptor combined with VTAC's "FUSION Micro Hub" will do what you want with the added bonus of adding a front BUIS.
View Quote

This. This setup is really excellent. By far the best setup I've found.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top