Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2013 9:12:46 AM EDT
I'm about to have a buddy whose shop does cerakote do a AR for me.   The question I have is how does cerakote Titanium color compare to KG version of it? Can anyone post a picture of a titanium or tungsten cerakote as those are the two I have been thinking about. Or any other cerakote silver/grey color that you have used?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak to the difference between the two but I love the titanium AND the tungsten cerakote.  One of, if not both, of my next two builds will be one or the other. I know Cerakotes website has quite a few pics of them and I've saved several from here myself.  I will go thru them and post some up when I find them.  I don't think you'll be disappointed at all though!
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Tungsten
(Pardon the size)

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
More tungsten (I'm really sorry about the size)

and titanium

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Tungsten looks like what I want.  The titanium in daylight looks bit to silver I think.

THanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Got another question.  Are there any issues cerakoting the inside of the upper receiver and bcg travel?
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got another question.  Are there any issues cerakoting the inside of the upper receiver and bcg travel?

None. Nothing was made 'sticky', made more difficult to close,  and mags drop free as always

Link Posted: 5/6/2013 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
If I understand correctly, Cerakote is made for parts which don't acquire too much heat. The barrel should be Gunkoted.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I understand correctly, Cerakote is made for parts which don't acquire too much heat. The barrel should be Gunkoted.

Incorrect.  

Cerakote H will stand up to 525 F for extended periods of time.

Cerekote C will stand up to 1200 F for extended periods of time.

Gunkote is rated to withstand temps at just over 500F
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's a few pics of guns I've done in Tungsten-

And one I did in Titanium-

These are both done in Cerakote.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top