Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2014 5:08:26 AM EDT
I want to clone it, and I know an article came out in Recoil with the parts list. I don't have access to that article… Anyone want to share?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:11:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
you know they sell it, right?

Here you go.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I've seen that rifle. Not quite the same - look at the receivers. The barrel is the main thing I want to get right. Did he use the 10.2" and cerakote it black?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I cloned it. Let me get off my phone and to my laptop and I'll help you out. Simple build really.

Edit:

The John Noveske personal carbine is a 300 Blackout, not a 5.56 (hence the 10.2" barrel).

Here is STICKMAN's photo from the Recoil article. Btw STICKMAN, if you are reading this, do you have any other pics from the shoot?

(If any of the information below is incorrect, please let me know)

UPPER RECEIVER GROUP (and accessories)

- Upper - Noveske MUR

- BCG - Noveske - Mil-spec - Phosphate coated (CMT?)

- Barrel - Noveske - SS 10.2" 300 Blackout (pistol length gas system)

- Hand guard - Noveske - NSR 9

- Gas block - Noveske - low profile

- Gas tube - Noveske - pistol length

- Muzzle device - AAC - 51T Blackout flash hider (5/8x24)

- Charging handle - BCM - Gunfighter (Mod4)

- Rail section - Noveske - Keymod - 4 slot

- QD mount - Noveske - Keymod - QD Direct attach swivel mount

- Suppressor - AAC - 762-SDN-6

- Scope Mount - Noveske-branded American Defense (AD) - Recon Extended 30mm - The model John had appears to have been discontinued but there is a similar model with three bolts per ring top (vs. two on John's) on Noveske's site.

- Scope - Schmidt and Bender - Short Dot - 1.1x20 (John describes it as an old S&B short dot) - Not sure on the exact reticle (S&B makes cams for 300 BLK)

LOWER RECEIVER GROUP

- Lower receiver - Noveske Gen 2

- LPK - Noveske - Mil-spec (CMT made?)

- Trigger - Geissele - SD3G

- End plate - Noveske QD

- Buffer extension group - Mil-spec (CMT?)

- Buttstock - Magpul - CTR- Foliage Green

- Grip - Magpul - MOE - Foliage Green

- Magazine - Magpul - PMAG - Gen 2 - 20 round - FDE

Upper, Lower, charging handle and NSR are coated in KG Gun Kote 2416F (Foliage Green)

Note:

The Johnny Rifle on Noveske's web site is a far cry form the carbine featured in the Recoil article. It uses a gen 1 upper/lower, a 10.5" 5.56 barrel, a Geissele SD-E trigger, etc.

My Build (There are a few differences as I am a lefty plus I have not yet been able to locate the exact model of Short Dot and AD mount):

Edit:

Changed charging handle model from MOD 3 to MOD 4.

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you know they sell it, right?

Here you go.
View Quote

Oh, now you are just being silly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
mine is no where near as bad ass as Pfran's but here's my lazy non NFA version of a John's rifle in 5.56

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

........make sure you include the Noveske trucker hat!

http://media.giphy.com/media/RI1Onhj2lph96/giphy.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to clone it, and I know an article came out in Recoil with the parts list. I don't have access to that article… Anyone want to share?

Is there a problem with wanting to build the same rifle?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope...hater's goin to hate...

ETA...I have no problems being known as a Noveske fanboy....just like I am a Sarah Palin fanboy....
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA...I have no problems being known as a Noveske fanboy....just like I am a Sarah Palin fanboy....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

when Sarah Palin designs an AR-15, I will let it slide.......until then, enjoy the kool-aid!
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

when Sarah Palin designs an AR-15, I will let it slide.......until then, enjoy the kool-aid!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dude, your a 14'er.. nobody gives a shit about what you think.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
I see that build one more time and I'm going to clone it! Looks awesome!!

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to shit in the thread 14'er.

Looks like a cool build OP, go for it
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just about all of my rifles are clones of some sort. There's a lot of dedication that goes into some trying to find parts that haven't been available for sometimes years.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

14'er.....I love the cool edgy hip syntax you guys regurgitate in here.....do all of you clones err members study at the same fanboy university?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the tech section. I'm going to be the bigger man here.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is the tech section. I'm going to be the bigger man here.
View Quote

I never thought I would be tempted to put someone on ignore  in a tech thread. (Not talking about you)
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

300 posts in less than a month? Get a life dude.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

14'er.....I love the cool edgy hip syntax you guys regurgitate in here.....do all of you clones err members study at the same fanboy university?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Get ready for your time out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Let me remind everyone that this is a tech forum. Please abide by the rules.
View Quote

Party pooper
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#22]
More like prunepirate is my guess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck the Noveske haters....most of them shit in Noveske threads because they don't have the $$$ to play I bet...

In any case, thread tagged for later as I am thinking a Noveske build in 300 blackout is going to be an upcoming build for me...
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I cloned it. Let me get off my phone and to my laptop and I'll help you out. Simple build really.

Edit:

The John Noveske personal carbine is a 300 Blackout, not a 5.56 (hence the 10.2" barrel).

Here is STICKMAN's photo from the Recoil article. Btw STICKMAN, if you are reading this, do you have any other pics from the shoot?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-D0YFAnPWYyw/Ua5x_dpo-mI/AAAAAAAAsx8/EEJDFN4z77s/w1117-h461-no/Noveske+foliage+%25281%2529.png

- Upper - Noveske MUR
- Charging handle - BCM - Gunfighter (Mod3?)

- Scope Mount - Noveske-branded American Defense (AD) - Recon Extended 30mm - The model John had appears to have been discontinued but there is a similar model with three bolts per ring top (vs. two on John's) on Noveske's site.
- Scope - Schmidt and Bender - Short Dot - 1.1x20 (John describes it as an old S&B short dot) - Not sure on the exact reticle (S&B makes cams for 300 BLK)

LOWER RECEIVER GROUP

- End plate - Noveske QD

Upper, Lower, charging handle and NSR are coated in KG Gun Kote 2416F (Foliage Green)

Note:

The Johnny Rifle on Noveske's web site is a far cry form the carbine featured in the Recoil article. It uses a gen 1 upper/lower, a 10.5" 5.56 barrel, a Geissele SD-E trigger, etc.

My Build (There are a few differences as I am a lefty plus I have not yet been able to locate the exact model of Short Dot and AD mount):
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vm0TnKSVfl0/U2-4H66sujI/AAAAAAAA7BY/TYdueij6FiY/w1028-h685-no/IMG_20140511_134833.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SL_m8Qe2Y3c/U2-3_w-oasI/AAAAAAAA7A0/wUTK63YkcuM/w926-h685-no/IMG_20140511_134804.jpg

View Quote

Well I downloaded the article just to be sure and you're dead on as usual. Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#25]

fuck the Noveske haters....most of them shit in Noveske threads because they don't have the $$$ to play I bet...

In any case, thread tagged for later as I am thinking a Noveske build in 300 blackout is going to be an upcoming build for me...
View Quote

right, because unless you can afford a Noveske, you are precluded from discussing anything related to AR's.............thank you for proving my point about the elitist mentality in here!  Just beause  you're an E-3 schmuck in the military who can max out his 28% APR credit card to afford a kool-aid err Noveske designer rifle so he can play Call Of Duty on the weekend at the range, does not elevate  your status among the hipster elite!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
mine is no where near as bad ass as Pfran's but here's my lazy non NFA version of a John's rifle in 5.56

<a href="http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/nl128/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC04937_zpsc6f2cf07.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h418/nl128/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC04937_zpsc6f2cf07.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/nl128/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC04927_zps6951d6f5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h418/nl128/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC04927_zps6951d6f5.jpg</a>
View Quote

That is exactly what I want.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

right, because unless you can afford a Noveske, you are precluded from discussing anything related to AR's.............thank you for proving my point about the elitist mentality in here!  Just beause  you're an E-3 schmuck in the military who can max out his 28% APR credit card to afford a kool-aid err Noveske designer rifle so he can play Call Of Duty on the weekend at the range, does not elevate  your status among the hipster elite!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And you judging the guy for spending HIS hard earned money on whatever he wants is even worse. Keep this shit in general discussion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

i think that he means you dont like noveske because they are expensive and that you cannot afford to drop the $$$ on a very expensive and what you may consider a mediocre rifle.

as the the koolaid statement and can only speak for myself,
i spent money on the noveske name, i built my sbr with noveske parts. and i did a 4mile biathlon with it, and planning on doing a 17 mile in the upcoming months... i have taken in to the range and dragged it through dirt and so far is has kept kicking without doing any general maintenance other than lubing the BCG and running the boresnake down the pipe.. thou some novekse products are quite priced for the name i believe that there is no question to the quality of their offerings.

also jumping into a thread where someone is asking for information on a future build just to write negative remarks for no reason whatsoever implies that you have biased for certain things, possibly because of price, but so far from my understanding if you have not owed a noveske you should not comment on what people want to have for themselves. and in relation to this thread your comments serve no purpose to the original request

OP more power to you, i like the rifle
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#30]
We suffered the infamous 13'er assault.

Now it appears the 14'ers are trying to best them.

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

14'ers gonna 13 bro!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Mods,  please kill this thread.  It is now useless.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You have issues.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mods,  please kill this thread.  It is now useless.
View Quote

Started off promising...
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Edit:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-D0YFAnPWYyw/Ua5x_dpo-mI/AAAAAAAAsx8/EEJDFN4z77s/w1117-h461-no/Noveske+foliage+%25281%2529.png

- Upper - Noveske MUR

LOWER RECEIVER GROUP

- End plate - Noveske QD

Note:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vm0TnKSVfl0/U2-4H66sujI/AAAAAAAA7BY/TYdueij6FiY/w1028-h685-no/IMG_20140511_134833.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SL_m8Qe2Y3c/U2-3_w-oasI/AAAAAAAA7A0/wUTK63YkcuM/w926-h685-no/IMG_20140511_134804.jpg

View Quote

Pfran, did you use cerakote or gunkote? Any difference between the two?
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

- Upper - Noveske MUR

LOWER RECEIVER GROUP

- End plate - Noveske QD

Note:

Also, FYI: per the recoil article, the CH is a Mod 4
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

14'ers gonna 13 bro!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

14'ers gonna 13 bro!

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#38]
It's a nice looking gun. I just all but finished my OD green 300 blackout SBR; still waiting on the stamp.
Does anyone know when they'll be releasing the 300 ammo they announced?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I love this rifle. I'm still curious as to why the would sell the "johnny rifle" with a gen 1 lower and upper. Its a nice looking rifle, but nowhere near as nice as the one John had. I like that he cerakoted his barrel. I've always hated the stainless barrel look and have ended up cerakoted my noveske and wilson barrels graphite black.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

I used the H-231Q Cerakote. The original was done in GunKote but I didn't know anyone local who specializes in that coating. I also have no idea about the differences between the two coatings.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#41]
This gun haunts my dreams. I've started buying parts. I'm torn though... Build it exactly the way Noveske did, or tweak it a bit. For example, a bad safety or a noveske raptor. I have both in my parts bin and I prefer them to the original.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

This gun haunts my dreams. I've started buying parts. I'm torn though... Build it exactly the way Noveske did, or tweak it a bit. For example, a bad safety or a noveske raptor. I have both in my parts bin and I prefer them to the original.
View Quote

Build it the way you want but have the "clone correct" parts on-hand in case you feel like spending the afternoon taking pictures of it. I have to admit, I have about 5 different foliage grips and three different foliage stocks for mine. I have seriously though about running my foliage SOPMOD but it just doesn't look right on this build.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top