Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2014 1:50:07 AM EDT
These are my first 2 builds. Built the 556 over christmas and when i was done it wasn't enough so i started an LR308. I was fortunate enough to be able to trade my photo services to a local guy that makes custom stuff in his shop  .

feedback welcome .

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Info? Details? Specs? I have a metal collapsible stock but it looks nothing like those!
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
These are my first 2 builds. Built the 556 over christmas and when i was done it wasn't enough so i started an LR308. I was fortunate enough to be able to trade my photo services to a local guy that makes custom stuff in his shop  .

<a href="http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/justinoff/media/LR308B556-1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x324/justinoff/LR308B556-1.jpg</a>

feedback welcome .

View Quote

Remember you posting some teasers of the stock a little while back iirc.  Anyway i'm glad you got them finished up and they look great man. Not really my taste but would love more info on the company and price point in case i change my mind, unless they are one offs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well last time i posted info i got called a troll but here goes ...

Both guns lowers are from JL billet http://www.jlbillet.com/
The guy makes amazing lowers . Both have tapped detent holes, bolt release spring holes so a set screw assures no flying springs. The 308 has ambi bolt release and both have set screws for trigger overtravel as well as a set screw that hits the upper takedown pin block to assure there is no play between the upper and lower to eliminate the need for accushim .
Buttstocks also JL billet weighs16oz.

308: JL billet stock with rubber pad , JL billet lower , DPMS LPK , upper JD machine , PWS buffertube, raptor charging handle, JP silent capture spring, Black hole weaponry 5R 18" 1:11 mid length gas with seekins adjustable gas block, Fortis 14' switch rail, DPMS BCG, Mega trigger with JP springs 4.5LB pull polished the contacts to mirror finish for glass like break, Ambi safety , Magpul 10rnd clips , New KNS pins.  Vortex Diamondback 3-9x40 scope with Burris P.E.P.R mount 10.5 pounds loaded 10rnds

5.56: JL billet buttstock , Standard Buffer tuber standard spring & buffer , JL Billet lower , Fortis QD endplate , ATI Scorpion Grip, Spikes BCG, KNS pins, Mega trigger with JP springs 3.5 LB pull polished the contacts to mirror finish for glass like break, raptor charging handle, SAA upper, Rainer select 1:9 16"  midlength gas barrel , Midwest industries SS12G2 handguard, magpul magazine, now wearing a Vortex strikefire but old aimpoint comp C3 in pic. 6.5 lbs unloaded .

Here are some better detailed pics of the JL products :

Let me again say I dont work for and am in no way affiliated with JL Billet . Just a nice guy that makes great products and was nice enough to give me some product in exchange for my photography services.

WWW.JUSTINOFFICER.COM

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Troll conveniently left out the watermarks...

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Quoted:
I was fortunate enough to be able to trade my photo services to a local guy that makes custom stuff in his shop  .

I wonder if you're capable of reading. Is Stickman a troll too?

Nice looking rifles, OP. Even nicer photos.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I like what I'm seeing
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice! How do those butt-stocks feel when adjusting them?
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Snappy and locks into place.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Do i need to watermark my own pictures jackass? thats a rhetorical question ... No , I dont!
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do i need to watermark my own pictures jackass? thats a rhetorical question ... No , I dont!
View Quote

That is a real nice stock. And very nice photos. Don't give the troll the attention he wants.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Price??
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
What does a billet buttstock offer? I'm thinking heavier weight on the end to balance out a nose heavy rifle and aesthetics? I don't quite get the appeal?
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks cool. Cheek-weld doesn't look good. Why not have machined-in QD sling attachments?

And this?
US Navy Seals Tested and Apporved!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 3:24:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#16]
My 556 weighs 6.5 pounds unloaded.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Guy who makes them was a seal . He gave all his seal buddies out of San Diego the first round of prototypes and they loved them .  All are still in use . Not the kind of info he wants to promote but everyone that's ever seen one or had one in their hands was blown away by the quality and feel. I own about 7 different buttstocks for my different AR's . None of them fit , feel , and balance like this one  . And yes they have an optional QD attachment . As well as rubber buttpad, cheek riser, monopod and even a strike plate for impact .
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#18]
All this info is great, even better would be the Price?????
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link to site was included in my previous post . Cost is $250 which is high for a buttstock no doubt . But So is a PWS buffertube , a silent capture spring, balltle comp , syrac adjustable gas block or a giessle trigger . Are any of these things a must have ? No but if you use you're weapon for work or are an avid shooter then maybe the extra cost is worth it. I personally don't like light stocks . I have 2 MOE stocks (stag/colt) that are light, cheap and rattle to high hell. I have a $100 mako stock on a Milspec tube that rattles even worse.  I have a box full of MOE A2 grips which are way too small for my hands . Between MOE stocks and Grips I feel like I had better components on my BB guns when I was 6 .
Anyway , as the saying goes "cry once , buy once" . I will say the added weight in the real balanced out my .308 nicely .
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 2:15:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guy who makes them was a seal . He gave all his seal buddies out of San Diego the first round of prototypes and they loved them .  All are still in use . Not the kind of info he wants to promote but everyone that's ever seen one or had one in their hands was blown away by the quality and feel. I own about 7 different buttstocks for my different AR's . None of them fit , feel , and balance like this one  . And yes they have an optional QD attachment . As well as rubber buttpad, cheek riser, monopod and even a strike plate for impact .
View Quote

Never seen a seal work machinery   Nice looking.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top