Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2014 11:52:36 PM EDT
So after much fiddling, its finally done. My 1st stamp gun....and nope, not the last.
Had to mill out the handguard cap, and I didn't loose any fingers! Big thanks to RDTCU for some guidance!
Getting a rail affixed to the front for BUIS is going to be a little hard, but it's in the works!

spacers used to position the handguard cap for a solid fit, since cap was milled out to fit on the KX3

Parts list
Upper
Crosshill Tech side charging upper  (one or more Crosshill employee was involved with LAR OPS4 (side charging upper) as I was told)
Rainier Arms 7.5 select barrel
KX3
Magpul SL handguard
Seekins adjustable gas block
Primary Arms MD-ADS red dot sight with 1/3 lower cowitness

Lower
2A Armament Balios Lower
Spikes T2 buffer
Geissele S3G trigger
Battle Arms EPS (enhanced takedown pins)
Battle Arms safety (2x short crank)
Norgon ambi mag release
POF enhanced bolt release
Magpul K2 grip (might upgrade to a K2+ for the rubberized texture)
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks awesome.  Have you fired yet? Curious about the reliability of the 7.5".
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]
That's awesome OP! I Congrats
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
nice looking SBR. good work!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice!

How's that forend going to hold up to mag dumps and heat?  How much clearance between it and the pig?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like a raped ape. In fact I'm having a little trouble making it unreliable. (Adjusting gas block)

Thanks for the comments all

Quoted:
Very nice!

How's that forend going to hold up to mag dumps and heat?  How much clearance between it and the pig?

Clearance between pig and forend is at least a 1\8 in. Should be fine. If not...it's cheap part to replace lol. This Sunday I should add a range report, going to sight in the red dot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks awesome

When I first looked at it I was on my phone and it looked really weird to me and didn't notice it was a side charger.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Crosshill upper XSR-15 right side only, knew that because I have the XSR-2 ambi on my new build. I wanted it to charge with left hand and I have not decided if I will take the right one off.
I will not more than likely because if the left one came off I can still charge the weapon . How much have you shot it ? Any jams ? That T2 buffer and adjustable gas block require much adjustment ? I would enjoy your thoughts on this as I will be running 10.5 barrel suppressed and I am thinking of adjusting till it will just barely will eject the round and work my way out till it feels right, my LWRC ultra compact stock came with a 3.2 oz buffer so I have to work with that , but it is heavier than standard. Nice build , like what you did !

Thanks Will

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top