- Windham Weaponry 1/7 20" A2 Barrel
- Aero Precision Upper Receiver
- RRA BCG, CH, LPK, and Stock Set
- Spikes Tactical Calico Jack Lower
- Magpul H2 Buffer
- LMT BUIS
- Trijicon MRO with Larue Tactical QD Mount
- IDF Sling and Bands

Overall, I'm really happy with it. It's not tactical, but it's not KISS either. I wanted a gun that could hunt a deer, be a companion on a camping trip, a homestead defender, and have fun with. I believe this hits all of these points. Yes, some of my choices aren't main stream, but it works for me.
First, I like 20" barrels and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, that when a rifle shoots with an itty bitty stock and an FSB out front, you get sprung!
Seriously though, I have three main ARs, all are 20". You can make the argument all day long for why to go with a 16", 14.5" or even a 12.5", all over my 20', and for the most part you'd be right. I don't know, I just like them and prefer them.
No, it does not feel unbalanced. The barrel is a gov't profile so it's fairly lightweight compared to an HBAR. The difference in weight of the A2 stock and this carbine stock is negligible at best. Trust me, it balances just fine.
It may look kind of like it, okay maybe a lot bit, but I never intended to make a C7A2 clone. I like 20" barrels and the collapsible stock added versatility. It is green because I like the color and it matches the stock set on my A2 build. The rubber butt pad was something I got in a parts lot, it fit well so I have left that on. I will fully admit it looks an awful lot like the C7A2. After coming to what I can only gather is to what the same conclusion of the Canadian Armed Forces, I can see why they do it this way.
Why the IDF bands? They were left over from an IDF clone I built many years ago. I ordered two sets of the bands. This set sat in my gun box for many years. I kind of threw them on for the helluva it and damned if they didn't look good and feel good. So I left them on.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top