Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2017 11:44:46 AM EDT
so, I have a A2 rep, want to put a sling on it, rear stock of course has a swivel, as well as the swivel on the fsb , is that proper mounting?, when I google for pics I see the sling mostly wrapped around the rear stock, so I am trying to get something mostly correct, on my other AR's I have used qd mounts so I can just use one sling between them.....

thanks

Doug Hunt

**EDIT** sorry I thought I was still in the A2 forum, my apologies.......
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Two swivels as you describe is proper. Fire team leaders with the M203 typically attached to the FSB in a wrap style because there was no swivel or it was inaccessible. Some guys would wrap the rear stock for ease in over the shoulder "horizontal" carry, etc. I have two A2s both utilize the sling with the keeper so you can detach the rear and use it as a shooting aid, but those can be noisy while on patrol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about these cheesy things?

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking about these cheesy things?

http://inrd.gotdns.com/alice/zsling1570.jpg
View Quote

I did see that while googling, but this pic below is what I seem to pull up mostly, versus a simple sling on the factory swivels:

**EDIT**  I guess that strap is kinda the same thing, for carrying at the waist in front ie "battle ready" versus a sling for over the shoulder..........googling for "standard issue" I come up with older post references for M1 type canvas or nylon type slings as issued on older M16's, I guess that's what I will look for
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top