Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2013 5:18:23 PM EDT
I have a good buddy who had, what appears to be, a series of baffle strikes at a recent carbine match. Up to this point, rifle had about 200 rounds through it. Battlecomp was brand new. Rifle is a factory Noveske MK18, M249 barrel, 1:7 twist. Ammo are reloads: 24.5 tac, 55gr montana gold, tula SMRM primers. Here are the results:

Another buddy and I were shooting the same ammo, both 16" BCM BFH rifles, both with Battlecomps. Both shot great (infact, I took 3rd overall). I verified after the match that my Battlecomp was free of strikes and it looked like new.

I have shot that ammo since then on the range with a chrono, but no rifle matches. Well, I took a look tonight and this is what I found:

It had to have happened during chrono. I see a ton of people using this load and I couldn't find a single other instance. I worked this load up with both my 16" BCM and my 18" Loki and 24.5 was most accurate. I was hoping that this would be my go to round for 3-gun for anything shy of 200 yards.

What do you guys think? I need some help on this one. Doesn't sound like this is that common of an incurrance. Yet it seems to have happened to both us of. Common denominator: 55gr through 1:7 barrels.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy options first.  The round could not be stabilizing properly.  The comp could be lose.  That's all I got.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Jacket separation, Known issue with certain lot from MG. Your other post has more info for you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]
That's no good for accuracy, now is it? I would say it has to be jacket separation. Don't know what else it could be that close to the muzzle.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top