Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2018 6:17:04 PM EDT
I built a LR 308 and I am getting some odd groups. Groups are at 100. Getting some weird pairs/clustering that I have never seen before.

Attachment Attached File

Build Specs:
Criterion hybrid 308 barrel 20"
Toolcraft BCG
Griffin minimalist brake
Larue MBT trigger
Nikon x1000 4-16x50mm scope in LT-104
Aero Precision Enhanced Rail

Setup:
Front and rear bags, front of the rifle had a harris bipod folded and I was resting the bipod on the front bags. The bipod was tight. The overall setup was pretty firm. I am not a MOA all day shooter. I am usually .75-1.25 MOA, but never like this.

The scope rings weren't uniformly tight, in the ~12-18 in/lb range. Still reasonably snug though. I didn't feel any play. I re torqued them with a torque driver though. The LT-104 was very firm on the rail. The scope has always held zero on my .223's.

The barrel looks good. No strikes on the brake, and the crown looks clean. I remember assembling this, and the barrel nut was torqued 3 times to ~40 ft/lbs like usual. I shimmed the extension with shim stock to the receiver, it was pretty snug. Plenty of barrel clearance with the handguard as well.

This was all shot with 175gr FGMM, except the top right group was PMC FMJ ammo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Back to basics. Make sure that the scope has been properly focused and don't rule out parallax.....
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top