Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2011 7:36:24 PM EDT
At one time I could have sworn I saw a pic on here of someone who had rigged a light mount on their AK that mounted between the two pieces of the standard handguard.  Am I dreaming?  What methods are there to mounting a light without rails such as the UltiMak and the like?
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 2:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At one time I could have sworn I saw a pic on here of someone who had rigged a light mount on their AK that mounted between the two pieces of the standard handguard.  Am I dreaming?  What methods are there to mounting a light without rails such as the UltiMak and the like?

I know what you're talking about but couldn't find it.  But, I had some IMs with the guy.  He used one of those Magpul rail kits for their MOE system.  The back side of the screw mounts sit behind the handguards and the threaded portion protrudes between the handguards.  Simple concept, just seems it would be a pain whenever you wannt take the handguards off.
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, makes sense now thank you!

Also, has anyone bought one of the rail systems sold in the above link?
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I was asked to try one out and I really like it. It's nicely made and I'd get more if I needed rails on other AK's.

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top