Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2013 4:27:23 AM EDT
I use to have a PSL-54C, and while the rifle didn't really wow me I was impressed with the glass. I was thinking about putting one on my SAR-1 but I have a couple questions. For one, will the PSO-1 mount on my SAR, and will it clear the top cover. Also where I can find one. I'm assuming Kalinka has some but I thought you AK gurus might know a place with a better deal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 5:54:57 AM EDT
[#1]
It should work fine.  Kalinka is still the only reliable game in town for Russian/Commie optics, unless you buy direct from Belarus on ebay.

Here's an SVD-mount PSO-1 on a SAR

Here's the AK mount POSP on a SAR

Are you dead-set on a PSO-1 or would you consider a POSP?
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never owned a POSP but may consider it. I'm not sure what the perks are over the PSO-1. I'm looking for fixed 4x. I suppose I look at the PSO-1 as the comblock equivalent of an ACOG. The target acquisition won't be as fast, but my steel targets don't usually fire back.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
POSP is manufactured in Belarussia. It is missing a few features but from a practical stand point the two scopes function exactly the same. The POSP is a lot cheaper too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Apex has the scope that came on the PSL's for $115. That's a hard price to beat. But is the mount for a PSL/SVD the same as an AK? I mean I know they are slightly different but are they interchangable.

Link Posted: 10/6/2013 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Generally they are not interchangeable.

Link Posted: 10/6/2013 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input, damn shame. I'll save my pennies and get a kalinka.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 1:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, you can swap a Kalinka Belomo MTK-83 AK bracket onto the LPS TIP2.

$30.

AK mount
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top