Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/7/2010 8:20:47 PM EDT
After my other thread flopped, I thought I would just ask what rail system you are using on your Krinkov. I am trying to decide.

Oh, and I don't really care how Little Vasili and the Chinese soldier feel about the idea.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the KVAR poly without rails.

Why wouldn't you ask this question in the Krink section?
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Side-rail.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
ultimak
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to run with the Samson type 3 rail for Bulgarian Krinks but have lately gone traditional again. I think it's a nice rail system but I only used the lower and don't know how stable the top rail portion is. I like it alot and my only complaint is that under sustained shooting it gets a tad loose...nothing serious but it slides forward enough to notice. I'd have no problems putting it on another krink if I decided to go tactical again.

Z
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the pics and suggestions, I may just go Ultimak for now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought i would share a little.  IMO (in my opinion) the ultimak is a JOKE on a Krinkov.    Edit: no disrespect to Quest

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thought i would share a little.  IMO (in my opinion) the ultimak is a JOKE on a Krinkov.    Edit: no disrespect to Quest

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/Rube7979/DSCN0593.jpg

Rube, I assume that is the Samson as well? Do you have problems with it shifting?
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rube, I assume that is the Samson as well? Do you have problems with it shifting?

That was a HUGE F Yeah!

I will add pix later of the fix.  There must be a set screw on both sides inorder for no movement.

Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So you are anti-lightweight and co-witness? As long as you use a base/mount for your optic it acts as an insulator. A test on the subject can be found in the Krink section.
Link Posted: 8/11/2010 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are anti-lightweight and co-witness? As long as you use a base/mount for your optic it acts as an insulator. A test on the subject can be found in the Krink section.

His numbers are fine for winter in northern states, not MS anytime of the year.  Co-witness = null on a krink w/ a QD.  As low as the krink's sights are and trying to use Co-witness, takes away from the meaning of CQB.  My cheekweld works a bit better w/ the stormwerks.

I'm not sure what you meant by Anti-litewt either...  If my Optic's glass breaks, i can get it out of the way pretty fast.  I also will not be trying to explain to John, that i thought my T-1 could take the heat.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His numbers are fine for winter in northern states, not MS anytime of the year.  Co-witness = null on a krink w/ a QD.  As low as the krink's sights are and trying to use Co-witness, takes away from the meaning of CQB.  My cheekweld works a bit better w/ the stormwerks.

I'm not sure what you meant by Anti-litewt either...  If my Optic's glass breaks, i can get it out of the way pretty fast.  I also will not be trying to explain to John, that i thought my T-1 could take the heat.

Why do you need to QD when you can cowitness? I put 4 mags in quick succession through mine just the other day without a studder from my C3 and the heat index was 108*.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you need to QD when you can cowitness? I put 4 mags in quick succession through mine just the other day without a studder from my C3 and the heat index was 108*.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/islandlogic/Img_0439.jpg

We all know that Aimpoints are kickass, but they are not indestructible.

Temperature Range -30 oC to +60 oC (-20 oF to +140 oF)   Beyond this temerature is considered misuse.
WARRANTY
Aimpoint guarantees this product to be free from original manufacturer defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years for professional or competition use and 10 years for personal use from the date of purchase.
The warranty is valid provided that the sight has not been misused, disassembled or tampered with in any way. Any attempt to disassemble or repair the product will void the warranty.
This warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable.
Any warranty claim must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt showing date of purchase.  

BTW, shit happens and glass breaks....  I personally would want to be able to use my irons w/o pulling wrenches out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/islandlogic/Img_0439.jpg

We all know that Aimpoints are kickass, but they are not indestructible.

Temperature Range -30 oC to +60 oC (-20 oF to +140 oF)   Beyond this temerature is considered misuse.
WARRANTY
Aimpoint guarantees this product to be free from original manufacturer defects in material and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of 2 years for professional or competition use and 10 years for personal use from the date of purchase.
The warranty is valid provided that the sight has not been misused, disassembled or tampered with in any way. Any attempt to disassemble or repair the product will void the warranty.
This warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable.
Any warranty claim must be accompanied by a copy of the original receipt showing date of purchase.  

BTW, shit happens and glass breaks....  I personally would want to be able to use my irons w/o pulling wrenches out.

Ok gettin a little off topic here, sorry OP. Here is my take on the temp thing though

Specific heat capacity (from Wikipedia) :
Iron = 0.45
Aluminium = 0.897
Lead = 0.127
Copper = 0.385

This means that metals of the same dimension exposed to same heat, all kept say on top of a piece of insulator (ring/mount); the lead will increase its temperature the highest, and aluminium the least.
So essentially the aluminum will insulate the internals of your aimpoint. If this were not the case and the sight were made of lead per say then you could leave the sight on the sidewalk in the sun and it would reach temps internally to void the warranty.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quest,  this is simple because we are using Kilroy's test i believe.  He did his test in 35F, not 85 or 95F.....    Going by that TEST sample and the science behind it, you MISUSED your C3.

These optics were never intended for this application.  These are mounted on SBR (8inch barrel) w/ ultimaks (replaces the gas tube), not an AR.  

If the OP goes w/ the ultimak, its on him.  The issue at hand is the Misuse of the optic w/ that particular mount.

Using irons on my krink takes away from my view and cheekweld.  I think of the Krink as a CQB rifle, not my typical AK.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Again I'd have to disagree. If the radiant heat on the outside of the optic directly reflected the insides insulated temp, I think you would be correct. If that were the case though then as I said leaving your sight in the sun would be considered "misuse."

ETA: Man, we sound like nerds. Couple of southern boys talkin' thermodynamics.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't mind going off topic.

Soo..is Ultimak the only rail low enough to co-witness?
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't mind going off topic.

Soo..is Ultimak the only rail low enough to co-witness?

Only one that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top