Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/27/2011 3:43:37 AM EDT
Was looking at buying a bag rather than a hard case for taking my rifle to the range, but they all seem to have the same problem.  Mag pouches aren't made for AK mags, so it's a tight fit or they don't fit at all, charging handle tearing holes in the side after a few trips, et cetera.  Are there any companies making AK-specific rifle bags?
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Not AK specific but I use the 42" 5.11 double rifle case for my AK's. Plenty of places to put mags.

Z
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 5:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Suarez (OneSourceTactical) bought out Sneaky Bags, which are a best of, IMO, but a bit pricey.  Other than that, any paratrooer-length FAL or CAR bag or case should work.  You do have to spend a bit to get durable bags...
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Galati International makes an AK specific bag.  I have one, and it's built like a brick shithouse.  Extremely sturdy and well-made.  They are also site sponsors.
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Galati XT cases work great for AKs.

Link Posted: 6/27/2011 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
For my folders I use the Russian drop cases.

Link Posted: 6/27/2011 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like they may be sold out of these at the moment, but I have one and I think it's excellent (and cheap!).  Holds five 30-round AK mags without any problem.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/winchester-rifle-case.aspx?a=407965

I believe I paid either $19 or $24 for it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought an Allen 42", six pocket soft case from Midway. Pockets will hold a 30 rd. AK mag but it is snug. Looks to be a nice case for the money. Made in the USA sealed the deal for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2011 12:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought some Eagle cases on the cheap (sub $30)about 6 months back. They are great but I'd find them on sale. $120 normal price for an ak  case would be hard to swallow.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top