Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/6/2012 10:52:15 AM EDT
Any one tried these Polish 5.56 mags that look like regular AK74 mags? If so what's been your experience with them? I definitely like the looks of this mag more than the standard Bulgarian Circle 10 mags.

http://www.robertrtg.com/berylclearmag.html

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any one tried these Polish 5.56 mags that look like regular AK74 mags? If so what's been your experience with them? I definitely like the looks of this mag more than the standard Bulgarian Circle 10 mags.

http://www.robertrtg.com/images/berylmagblack1.jpg

Wha????? Who doesnt like the circle 10 mags...lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh circle 10's work great and at the end of the day that's what counts, but I definitely like the AK74 mag look better.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a few that I'm using in my SLR 106FR and SLR 106UR and so far I've had no problems.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh circle 10's work great and at the end of the day that's what counts, but I definitely like the AK74 mag look better.

hehe yeah I hear ya....I like the looks of both but im a fan of that waffle look myself
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 2:37:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://www.robertrtg.com/images/berylmagblack1.jpg

Black ones and blue translucent ones are very good (blue are best). Stay away from white translucent ones, there were some problems with polymer used, it cracks with age, factory stopped making them. I never seen one actually to break apart but it does not look good or reassuring.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I have five and they all function 100%. The lips are steel reinforced, but the rear locking tab is not. I ordered the black ones  in three batches over about a months time back in May, I think. The first two were excellent and showed almost no wear. The next two were very good, but not quite as nice as the first two. The last one was definitly more used than the first four, but fully functional.

I like them alot and they look cool, for what that is worth.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Have used black mags in my SLR-106CR for about a year now. Love them. Not a single problem to mention. Very durable, feed great, and look great.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I did not take pictures of black ones, but they have same construction as white translucent ones. Newest blue(green?) translucent ones use new kind of polymer, that is much stronger than older ones and steel inserts are eliminated. All of those are mil-spec mags and Polish Army tests them for drop resistance as part of acceptance test. Actually when drooped, mag catch is not working to cut-off the lug, but rather to cut at an angle into lug base. That is why base is so thick and wide.

BTW In white magazine, you can see crack developing inside polymer, around steel insert. This is why I advised to pass on white mags

As a teaser, my Mini Beryl with 20rd black mag:

Link Posted: 8/8/2012 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for sharing these pics, Montrala! Unfortunately blue/green translucent mags are not available in the US (at least not to my knowledge); nor are the 20 rd. black mags... I want some!
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I have only seen the white and black mags, never any green. I wonder if/when the green ones will come over?
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unfortunately blue/green translucent mags are not available in the US (at least not to my knowledge);

But they are. For some $680 a piece. You even get free Archer rifle with each magazine

Link Posted: 8/8/2012 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]

A little pricey considering I can get milsurp for $24 ea, but I'm going to see if I can talk him down a bit. I also fount out that RTG Parts is local to me. So I may be stopping buy to say hi.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Thank you, sir! Now we need to find some 20 rd. black ones for sale.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I held up my end, you're next
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It can be a problem. 20rd are special order, made in small quantities for civilian market here (so not surplus source). They are more expensive than 30rd ones, because factory takes 30rd body, cuts it and fix steel (look like "spring steel" to me) buttpad rails. Funny thing is that 20rd mag uses unmodified 30rd mag spring. 10rd and 5rd mags (made in same way) have shortened springs.

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if these will work with Norinco T-84s, anybody try yet?
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately blue/green translucent mags are not available in the US (at least not to my knowledge);

But they are. For some $680 a piece. You even get free Archer rifle with each magazine

Where have you seen them for $680.00!!!!!! Can you get hold of any green mags??
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was supposed to be $980. Just a typo
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was supposed to be $980. Just a typo

I was about to go sell my body on the street for some fast cash

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top