Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/26/2014 1:46:34 PM EDT
I've been interested in this for quite some time and always forgot this question. Trying to dress one of my AK's to look like it for the fluk of it. I can feel what I will probably take it off as I am more of a purist. So I reckon this is for..research purposes.

Can clearly see the Izmash logo
Tapco? magazine, uknown beige polymer handguard

really not sure what the developers modeled it after. Its like in STALKER(a ukranian shooter) it has some of the strangest looking AK's with green furniture and left side operating handle . Have the developers in both of these games ever handled real life guns before?

Some gun nut help this noob out
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Its like in STALKER(a ukranian shooter) it has some of the strangest looking AK's with green furniture and left side operating handle .

View Quote

Olive drab AK furniture exists, as does left side charging handles (Google "AK Lightning Bolt").

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
-LHV-47 handguards (Tan)
-Vltor RE-47 Modstock adapter
-Vltor IMOD stock
-BP-02 low side rail mount

Pistol grip looks very generic. Could be a tan version of the Izhmash grip.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Olive drab AK furniture exists, as does left side charging handles (Google "AK Lightning Bolt").

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its like in STALKER(a ukranian shooter) it has some of the strangest looking AK's with green furniture and left side operating handle .

Lol yeah but that AK is straight up lefty. I absolutely love the STALKER games but it bugged the shit out of me that they did that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Many games are mirrored like that because its the "interesting" side of the weapon. Moving handles, case ejection, etc. Overall, Stalker was pretty good about the models, just mirrored. Counterstrike was mirrored but they really messed up some animations.

Can't help on the MW2 front, that game's wrongness really bugged me. Russians have a "diverse" mix of stuff in there. A can of spray paint will make any color possible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Many games are mirrored like that because its the "interesting" side of the weapon. Moving handles, case ejection, etc. Overall, Stalker was pretty good about the models, just mirrored. Counterstrike was mirrored but they really messed up some animations.

Can't help on the MW2 front, that game's wrongness really bugged me. Russians have a "diverse" mix of stuff in there. A can of spray paint will make any color possible.
View Quote

Yeah it makes sense. Didnt the M4 in CS have an ejection port cover that flapped around everytime it fired? Lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
-LHV-47 handguards (Tan)
-Vltor RE-47 Modstock adapter
-Vltor IMOD stock
-BP-02 low side rail mount

Pistol grip looks very generic. Could be a tan version of the Izhmash grip.
View Quote

Pistol grip looks US Palmish
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell ya...imma gonna clone game guns!   Make me a gold plated one from Black Ops.

Actually the AK looks decent, do it and post it!
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I think BF3 and BF4 have been the best with the weapon designs so far
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top