Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/21/2014 4:28:58 PM EDT
I have a Krebs Custom AK-74 (Saiga) that came with the Krebs modified safety selector. I ordered what I thought was a standard drop-in replacement safety selector from APEX Gun Parts. It's Polish made. When I tried to fit it I immediately noticed it did not have the "notch" cut-out and would not fit. What safety selector should I be looking for? I thought all AK safeties were the same.

The Saiga safety selector is on the right and the Polish is on the left.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The Krebs one was notched so it would only work in a semi auto.  No military surplus selector will have that notch.

To install a selector without the notch, you have to remove the trigger.  The install the selector, then reinstall the trigger.  It will work just fine.

Or you can take a file/dremel/grinder and notch the selector yourself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Krebs one was notched so it would only work in a semi auto.  No military surplus selector will have that notch.

To install a selector without the notch, you have to remove the trigger.  The install the selector, then reinstall the trigger.  It will work just fine.

Or you can take a file/dremel/grinder and notch the selector yourself.
View Quote

Thanks! I was afraid I was going to have to send it back. Now I just need to find out how to remove the trigger.

Just curious....why does the Polish version have that hole in the center? Do all safety selectors (besides the Krebs) look like the Polish one?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The Polish one in my Polish rifle has the hole.

I believe the ones with holes are what would be referred to as a Type 2 lever?

Like so:
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two Kerbs AK103K. One came with a regular selector  and the other came with a Krebs enhanced selector. I prefer the regular selector over the enhanced. I called Krebs and got one from them. It was inexpensive and came with the black finish that they use on their rifles so it matched.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two Kerbs AK103K. One came with a regular selector  and the other came with a Krebs enhanced selector. I prefer the regular selector over the enhanced. I called Krebs and got one from them. It was inexpensive and came with the black finish that they use on their rifles so it matched.
View Quote

Did the Krebs regular selector have the notch cut-out like the Krebs enhanced in my picture? I called Krebs and they told me to call APEX.

Did Krebs make that cut-out so it would not only prevent full-auto, but to also clear the Tapco G2 tigger? I can rotate the safety selector all the way up and pull it out of the receiver without removing the trigger.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top