Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/13/2016 6:00:36 PM EDT
Back home in Texas this week after being overseas for almost two years for work...and damn, it feels good. Been busy getting the house livable again and doing all the crap to get back in the saddle here in Houston.

Recently I picked up Kashtan P1 and will do a review in November once I am fully settled in and done travelling for work but here are a few pics on the SGL31 with ZenitCo B33 top cover system, and a newly acquired ZSI MBPI telescoping/folding 5.5mm stock. Out of the box I am really impressed with the MBPI and think it is a well made piece of gear, and not as ugly as the ZenitCo PT-1 stock

This particular version of Kashtan has the German post reticule and no BDC for 5.45 or other calibers, but is still a very useful optic.

With the amazingly well made UW Gear AK rig in SURPAT

And I ran into some Digital Flora Tacos made by the Russian gear company ANA. They are like SPOSN/SSO and have a really great reputation for high quality gear including the famous Gorka mountain suits as well as chest rigs, pouches and other gear. I'll be doing a review on these as well but first glance they look very promising.

Z

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome back!
Love your site, keep up the good work!

That stock may be "less ugly" than the PT-1, but it looks like hell for jaw weld

So this Kashtan is similar to a Rakurs?
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the kind words.I can't wait to get back into the hobby. It's been a fun assignment but I really missed shooting.

The German post reticule is similar but smaller. Mine is also not tritium illuminated.

Rakurs

Kashtan German Post

Kashtan 5.45 BDC

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome home! Can't wait for range day!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top