Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2016 6:01:38 PM EDT
I'm picking up my Mini Draco tomorrow morning and have been browsing this forum for the past week looking at different AKs. There seems to be only a few different options of optics that people usually run. I have a 1.5x acog and an Aimpoint m68 and like them both. How do they fare on AKs? Do I need to get another type of optic, or will one of those suffice? Also on the topic of optics, what sort of mounts do people on here run? I'm new to AKs
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Both of those will suck unless you're a fan of running a cheekrest on your AK the height over bore is a bit much. IMHO get a micro RDS and Ultimak mount for lower 1/3 cowitness with your iron sights. If you want to try it on for sie grab a Bushnall TRS-25 for around $70 or so and an the Ultimak can be had for about the same price if you watch for deals. If you prefer a chin weld rather than cheek weld then you should be OK with what you already have. though look to be doing the "bobble-head" thing trying to acquire the red dot.

I had a M2 in a low mount on a UTG quadrail and recently switched it over to Magpul /Ultimak for the reasons cited above. Eventually an Aimpoint T2 or H2 will replace the TRS-25.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I run micro-dots exclusively on all the AK's, PA's are my favorite but I also have TRS-25's and they work fine too. I use Attero mounts on all the AK's with standard RSB's, best mount for a micro on an AK by far. On the M92 I run it optic-forward with a Manticore handguard and optic mount. I almost never shoot the AK's past 300 yards (past that is .308 country) so don't have a need for a magnified optic on them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want a little airplane reading for a long flight take a look here

http://russianoptics.net

I run and review a lot of different kinds of combloc optics but also Western ones as well including Aimpoints and ACOGs. They work quite well on AKs. Magnified optics do very well also

If your Draco has a side rail plate on the left side of the receiver you can run an RS Regulate mount and then add almost any optic on the market. If you run across an NPZ AK mount snag that. I tend to avoid low end mounts and airsoft knock offs because quality can vary widely and if you don't have a lot of experience with mounts it can get frustrating quickly

Z
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a TA33 in an RS Regulate mount and it's really nice.

Probably more money for an optic than one should spend for an AK, but I really like it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Atterro arms Mount with a micro of your choosing.  That's the combo I run and love it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atterro arms Mount with a micro of your choosing.  That's the combo I run and love it.
View Quote

Never heard of this mount until a couple weeks ago.

Bought one.

Excellent mount.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top