User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:

That was the other thing that bugged me besides the selector marking. My rear trunnion is actually set in a little crooked. The gas tubes are ok of they are a little on the loose side as that will very even with Bulgarian guns. Mine has about the same as my SAM7K. When I 1st broke mine down I had to pry my gas tube out and change the angle of the rear portion of it so that it can be removed and installed how its supposed to be. As my 1st PSA, and hearing all of the horror story's about them I took a chance on it anyway pretty much knowing it was going to have something weird about it. Shoots good but I do have some concern if they even dimpled when setting the trunnions. My money is on no. Fun gun to shoot and functions great so far, but clearly basic QC is still not there forte still lol!

https://i.imgur.com/wgeAD1o.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mak0:
Two little things I noticed taking down my krink for its first cleaning:

1. the rear trunion is not flush with the back of the receiver. Looking closely at some pictures of other PSA krinks it seems like they're all like this? Kinda strange but is really just a cosmetic thing in the end

2. the gas tube has some play. I know this is not uncommon for krinks but it seemed to be more pronounced on my PSA compared to a friend's Bulgarian krink.

Other than those two nitpicks the gun has been running great for me.

That was the other thing that bugged me besides the selector marking. My rear trunnion is actually set in a little crooked. The gas tubes are ok of they are a little on the loose side as that will very even with Bulgarian guns. Mine has about the same as my SAM7K. When I 1st broke mine down I had to pry my gas tube out and change the angle of the rear portion of it so that it can be removed and installed how its supposed to be. As my 1st PSA, and hearing all of the horror story's about them I took a chance on it anyway pretty much knowing it was going to have something weird about it. Shoots good but I do have some concern if they even dimpled when setting the trunnions. My money is on no. Fun gun to shoot and functions great so far, but clearly basic QC is still not there forte still lol!

Oh wow, that is much worse fit than mine
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Very nice congrats.

I added a booster to mine as well
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Very nice congrats.

View All Quotes

Very nice congrats.

Yeah, I was going all synthetic but the handguard is nice so just the booster and new grip went on. Very satisfied with it
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Oh wow, that is much worse fit than mine
View Quote

I can pretty much guarantee they didn't dimple the trunnions. Only a matter of time before these things start seeing loose trunnions especially when PSA can't even set a trunnion right.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 3:42:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt_sporter] [#5]
Krink furniture is now up on the PSA website.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Is a brace available that utilizes the folding trunnion mechanism??
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Oof.jpg

Gotta say, that pic made me cringe.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

@KDG_Dave

Do you have more pics of that krink? It looks like a lot of things might be misaligned. The dust cover fit looks a bit off and so does the recoil spring button. Maybe it’s just the angle of the pic but I don’t think the recoil button thing on mine sticks out that far. I’d have to go check to confirm 100% though. I will go look and snap a pic shortly
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

@KDG_Dave

Do you have more pics of that krink? It looks like a lot of things might be misaligned. The dust cover fit looks a bit off and so does the recoil spring button. Maybe it’s just the angle of the pic but I don’t think the recoil button thing on mine sticks out that far. I’d have to go check to confirm 100% though. I will go look and snap a pic shortly
View Quote

Mine looks exactly like Dave's.  Dust cover on mine is a bitch to get off.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

You just need to spread the dust cover a little. Do that and it flip up as soon as you push the button in how it should.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ak4784:

@KDG_Dave

View Quote

Recoil spring button always stick out like that on Krinks. That is normal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:28:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mak0] [#13]
I've seen some recent PSA Krinks (serial numbers around 15xx) and the trunnions appear to be fit properly/flush now. I wonder if PSA will correct a poorly fitted trunnion under warranty. Clearly they recognized an issue and corrected it in production.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#14]

You just need to spread the dust cover a little. Do that and it flip up as soon as you push the button in how it should.
View All Quotes

Thanks I'll give that a try.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I've seen some recent PSA Krinks (serial numbers around 15xx) and the trunnions appear to be fit properly/flush now. I wonder if PSA will correct a poorly fitted trunnion under warranty. Clearly they recognized an issue and corrected it in production.
View Quote

Mine is in the 800 rserial number range.
Not going to worry about it until it becomes an issue on mine if it ever does need attention
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#16]
View Quote

They probably would warranty it for sure.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:38:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3] [#17]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:24:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory] [#18]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:11:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#20]
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
And he didn't have to come looking for you...you found him. Well done.

@KDG_Dave
View Quote

I already know about the lifetime warranty. I did it myself just to make sure it was done right. Great option for others though!
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine is flush.....in the 1200 range

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Got my krink out again with some changes from initial range report when new

Went with a RS Regulate mount and a PA micro prism over the poor iron sights that are hard to see.

Also used IMI 55 grain 5.56 as baseline.

Zeroed at 50 yards. 5 shot group just over 1 inch which i am very happy with.

No failures at all. Was popping 6-8 " steel at 100 and 125 yards no problem.

Will try some 77 grain otm to see how it performs,but so far it loves the IMI 55 grain.

Action seems to be getting smoother now with more rounds through it

Love this krink more and more.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Went with a RS Regulate mount and a PA micro prism over the poor iron sights that are hard to see.

Will try some 77 grain otm to see how it performs,but so far it loves the IMI 55 grain.

View Quote

Excellent. I still need to get a red dot and a mount
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cyclone:

I'll try to get some pics of my setup Posted. For some reason I can't upload pics to forum from my phone

The RS Regulate mount is solid system I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:00:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#25]

The RS Regulate mount is solid system I highly recommend it.
View Quote
The best mount for AKs IMO. They are all I use. They hold their zero well when removed for cleaning and maintenance too

The 30mm red dot mount sits super low for those who like co-witnessing their irons.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 2:50:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#26]
Anyone else see this? Edit: This is actually from a brand new PSA 104 after 500 rounds. Keep an eye out on your trunnions though because the same 4.5 trunnion is used in our KRINK's.

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone else see this?

https://i.imgur.com/PEuFnsE.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/JfvSGNb.jpeg
View Quote

Looks like San Andreas fault line.

Jeez I'm gonna go look at mine asap
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone else see this?

View Quote

Round count on that?
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone else see this?

View Quote

Yikes!

That's in need of warranty service ASAP.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:

Round count on that?
View Quote

From what I hear only 500 rounds. It shouldn't do this even after 500,000 rounds...
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

Yikes!

That's in need of warranty service ASAP.
View Quote

Im sure it will get fixed. Personally I would just swap out the trunnion for a forged import trunnion. I wouldn't risk getting one back with another out of spec trunnion that was made from the same company.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By d16man:

Toolcraft makes the AK trunnions and this has to my knowledge never happened. Warranty claim is in order.  Sadly stuff does happen.
View Quote

Correct which is why everyone of them is out of spec....
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Show me just one that will except a standard 4.5 triangle folder without removing .50 from it. Even the Jmac 1913 is literally forced into the trunnion right from PSA. Both Toolcraft and PSA need to do better.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#36]

From what I hear only 500 rounds. It shouldn't do this even after 500,000 rounds...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:

Round count on that?

That is a dirty gun for only 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By fike:

That is a dirty gun for only 500 rounds.
View Quote

Not really. Mine looked about like that at 400 rounds, but round count is irrelevant anyway so don't try to justify it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd be curious to see what PSA has to say about your trunion
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Original Krink is best Krink,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Mine 104 did until I put a standard folding stock on it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/20220625_143600-2439066.jpg

Your "show me one" is proof you don't have a clue how many AK's have sold that have zero issues.
View Quote

I can promises you none fit the rear trunnions without forcing them on the KRINK. I don't care how many have sold they are not built anywhere near the quality of a good import and there AK sales are no match for how many proven imports are out there. Trunnions don't do this when they are made out of hammer forged steel...especially at only 500 rounds. They are thrown together without a care in the world for putting out quality and you can clearly see it right when you open the box up. Its an embarrassment right down to the over beveled extractors.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:41:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man] [#42]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:34:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#43]

You cannot promise that every krink trunnion is bad.  Stop being a drama llamma.  Do you even own a PSA krink or are you just here to shit on PSA? Edit:  went back and looked.  You have the crooked trunnion.  So have you sent it back to PSA?

Personally I have fired 4 krinks, none have issues with stocks.  This was the first, which has a slightly different set up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002706-3166370.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002818-3169441.jpg
View Quote

Not saying all the trunnions are bad Im saying none of them except an import triangle folder or many other 4.5 adapters and stocks without some work dont to them, and none of them are hammer forged to the risk of failure is much higher. If this one cracked there will be more. Yes I do own one. Did I send it back to get the same trunnion re positioned and re riveted??? LOL!!!! Hell no because that's exactly what they would have done. I fixed everything myself.

Edit: Would love to see better pics of your trunnion as I believe I already see a problem in the 1st pic that you are probably unaware of.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Forgot to check mine for cracks. I'll check it later today.

There are a few on youtube with several thousand rounds on them with no failures.  Time will tell I suppose
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#46]

That's not my gun.  That was one PSA had at The Gathering that went through about 5k rounds in 2 days.

Just to be clear...are you saying Toolcraft doesn't hammer forged the trunnions?  Also, you realize PSA does the trunnions to fit their own stocks, and that other stocks, even if the same mm, may require fitting (just like a plethora of gun companies advertise about their own products and after market stuff)?  As I read your posts it sounds like you want PSA to make a universal fit which we both know doesn't happen, especially in the AK world.
View Quote

There is no way that is a hammer forged trunnion. Hammer forged trunnions don't crack like that.  Its cast. Front trunnion is hammer forged. the rears are not.   The AK market is flooded with aftermarket stocks and braces. It would be really stupid on PSA's part to have cast 4.5" trunnions made proprietary only to there own stocks. They know damn well people will want to use all types of different ones. I mean if it was done on purpose why even use a 4.5 pin set up??? You can keep on trying to justify there poor quality if you want to. The ONLY fitting I have ever had to do on a triangle folder is just file a tiny bit off the catch slot. I have never had to remove material of the hinge section of a trunnion or stock on any AK builds I have done.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#47]

There are a few on youtube with several thousand rounds on them with no failures.  Time will tell I suppose
View Quote

Check that rear left rivot to to make sure there is no cracks on the receiver itself too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Check that rear left rivot to to make sure there is no cracks on the receiver itself too.
View All Quotes

Checked mine pretty good. No cracks or stress marks on trunnion  or rivets. I only have 150 rounds through mine.

Will keep an eye on it,but so far so good.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:28:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#49]
Trunnions don't do this when they are made out of hammer forged steel...especially at only 500 rounds.
View Quote

I'm assuming you're referencing the rear trunnion since that's what's showing as being broken. But rear trunnions are not hammer forged even on Russian rifles either.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top