Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/23/2008 10:54:23 AM EDT
I'm tryimg figure out the wasr family tree here. I know of the wasr-10 But I have seen some called wasr-10 second edition. Is this the 63 or some thing new?

I would like to see pictures of your 10/63 if you would.
This is mine.

Thanks!   Gator.

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
CIA trigger label was marked from September this year. WASR-10/63

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/23/2008 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
mak90 sporter top waser10/63.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 2:25:06 AM EDT
[#7]
1986 dated WASR10/63

BEFORE

AFTER
 added Rommy AKM wood, US slant brake, US red P-grip, welded up bayonet lug

Link Posted: 11/24/2008 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice!  Where did you get the red US PG?

CS

Quoted:
1986 dated WASR10/63

BEFORE

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/EARRNHARDT3/m4ak-1.jpg

AFTER

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/EARRNHARDT3/rommyak1.jpg

Link Posted: 11/24/2008 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#11]
they are looking good. Some nice wood too.  

Sweetpants I see that wood in your bag !! Looks nice from what I can see.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#12]

I'm tryimg figure out the wasr family tree here. I know of the wasr-10 But I have seen some called wasr-10 second edition. Is this the 63 or some thing new?

that looks like something somebody was hacking on.
were is the fsb?
i'm not akxpert, but i've not seen anything like that before.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's my WASR 10/63 with K-VAR handguards, buttstock and tapco muzzlebrake and saw grip.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice!  Where did you get the red US PG?

CS

Quoted:
1986 dated WASR10/63

BEFORE

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/EARRNHARDT3/m4ak-1.jpg

AFTER

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/EARRNHARDT3/rommyak1.jpg

+1 –– would like to find one like that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

that looks like something somebody was hacking on.
were is the fsb?
i'm not akxpert, but i've not seen anything like that before.

That maks two of us. I  have only seen one other. What do you mean by (FSB )?
They say this gun is new. But the parts say seventy some thing and all numbers match on it.  I E mailed century but you kno how that goes. Three weeks past and no reply.

Gator.

Link Posted: 11/25/2008 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry but you got taken.  That is somebodies chopjob.  Its a chopped up front sight base off one of the AK100 series and a cut up wasr.  They cut the gas tube and barrel down, re-drilled the gas port, and attached that fugly muzzle brake to make it up to legal length (you might want to check this by placing a dowel rod down the barrel, marking it, and measuring as well as making sure that muzzle brake doesn't come off).  If I were you I would get my money back come hell of high water.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry but you got taken.  That is somebodies chopjob.  Its a chopped up front sight base off one of the AK100 series and a cut up wasr.  They cut the gas tube and barrel down, re-drilled the gas port, and attached that fugly muzzle brake to make it up to legal length (you might want to check this by placing a dowel rod down the barrel, marking it, and measuring as well as making sure that muzzle brake doesn't come off).  If I were you I would get my money back come hell of high water.

Just got off the phone with Century Int Arms. They told me after giving my sn# on my AK that it was a short run of the Krink Romania AK's that were limited. I asked if they ( Century) had added the short front end or did it come to them that way. He told me that all they changed on them was the butt stocks to make three typs. 1 Black butt stock and forgrip..  2 Wood butt stock and for grip...  3  Wood forgrip and side folding butt stock.  Never was there one with the pistol grip up front.

I talked to the gun shop where I got it from and he said he added the side folder whitch is ok becouse some came with it. But he all so added the pistol front wood grip.
Whitch I allso like. He said it came with all black furniture on it from Century.

So as far as I can tell it is a real Romy Krink.

Gator.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Check your compliant parts. Sounds like you're 2 parts short now. Black stock & forearm = 2 compliance parts. Romy folder and grip = 2 foreign parts. Just FYI, if you care about those things.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#19]
oh, and where can I get one???!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Wish he had another one. I would be all over it. The guy at Century said they are all out here. This AK had sat in the gun shop for about 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is my GP WASR 10/63 (1983) I bought it about 3 weeks ago. I have put about 75 rounds through it. No problems - it is very accurate at 50 and 75 yds.  Above it are my Bushmaster and an Inland M1 Carbine that I built up from a CMP barreled-receiver.  The WASR is reliable and simple like my M1 Carbines - I like the gas-piston systems.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/rlexx/carbines.jpg

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1735.png
Link Posted: 11/25/2008 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got off the phone with Century Int Arms. They told me after giving my sn# on my AK that it was a short run of the Krink Romania AK's that were limited. I asked if they ( Century) had added the short front end or did it come to them that way. He told me that all they changed on them was the butt stocks to make three typs. 1 Black butt stock and forgrip..  2 Wood butt stock and for grip...  3  Wood forgrip and side folding butt stock.  Never was there one with the pistol grip up front.

I talked to the gun shop where I got it from and he said he added the side folder whitch is ok becouse some came with it. But he all so added the pistol front wood grip.
Whitch I allso like. He said it came with all black furniture on it from Century.

So as far as I can tell it is a real Romy Krink.

Gator.

We're talking about the rifle in the first post, right?

Receiver should be marked as model number WASR 10/63 KR  

It's a legitimate imported WASR rifle, not a "chopjob" build.  Mine came with Romy wooden handguards and buttstock.  I switched them out for US made black composite stock set.  Anybody remember Hammerstone?  They sold them with the folding stocks and heavily sanded refinished Romy wooden handguards.   Tastes vary.  Mod it the way you want.

As for compliance parts, pictured rifle has 1. hammer, 2. trigger, 3. disconnecter, 4. gas piston, 5. pistol grip, and the welded on muzzle device (which at least doesn't count against you) as a possible 6.  These are the same compliance parts that Century sends them out with.

What actually matters is that there are not over 10 non-US made countable parts.  If OP wants to use US follower and floorplates to lower the imported parts count, that's just fine as long as he stays under 10 foreign made parts.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I think I heard some one has a 10/63 underfolder. I havent seen it yet. I wounder if it came that way.

I found this about the (RO) with the seral #. This come aff the AK47-US web site.

"""AKM 47/74 "Speznas" shorty sidefolders (7.62x39 & 5.45x39)
These semi auto versions are built after the Romanian AIM carbine (issued to militairy special forces, special police units). AIM carbines feature the standard factory scope rail,and a Full Auto/Semi/Tri-burts selective fire mode.

These shorty versions are also referred to as AKSU47/74 (Ro) or Krinkov(Ro), though have not too much in common with the Russian/Bulgarian built Krinkov/AKSU. While the export version of this rifle features a muzzle nut on the 47 version , the 74 version has a Romanian birdcage flash-hider (also used on Romanian RPK style LMGs). Both shorty models have no factory spec. bayonet mount (in contrast to the E-German carbines). The handguards are standard AK size, but the gas tube is shorter than the standard AK gas tubes. From personal experience the barrel of these models are shortened standard barrels which is indicated by a lack of chrome plating at the muzzle crown of factory new weapons. The longer barrel of this Romanian Speznas, when compared to Russian Krinkovs, seems to be a better compromise when it comes to field/ combat evaluation. It results in better accuracy and a higher effective distance, so the Russian AK 100 series shorties (intended to replace the Krinkov) feature a similar barrel length"""

Mine has the RO after the serial # and it says KR on the recever allso.
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think I heard some one has a 10/63 underfolder. I havent seen it yet. I wounder if it came that way.

My local delear has a WASR-10/63 under folder. I has black plastic forearms but other then that it looks like a WASR-10 just with a under folder trunion and stock.

And as for my red "US made" P grip above
Well after i did some checking it is unknown where it was made so i guess i need to treat it as a forgen part. I was told it was US made by a sales person and then after checking with their service department today it is unknown where it it was made.

Thanks
E3
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]

You added the butt stock right?
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No - I bought it at Dunham's and that stock was on there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2008 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No - I bought it at Dunham's and that stock was on there.

Was it new or used?
Link Posted: 11/28/2008 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Here are pictures lifted from the Century catalog from a few months ago which show the various configurations that were available to purchasers of WASR-10s with 30 round magazines.  Remember, these are not the only configurations that were ever offered, they are just the WASR-10s that Century happened to be offering that month.

Link Posted: 11/28/2008 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#30]
My WASR GP 10/63 dated '79. T-6 stock, quad rail fore stock with mounted flashlight and vertical grip. Essentially, the bottom AK in the group pictured above by kar98k.
Pictured with wrapped handled, drop point 6.25" blade using D-2 steel. Made by me.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r314/Mike_U_photos/Mvc-082s.jpg
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#31]
New. Unfired.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#32]
I did not know Century did that !  Thats kinda cool you can order it like you wont it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Black-Lions,
If you mean my WASR, I didn't particularly want it like that, it's just when I bought it the guy selling them at the gun show had the best prices in the place at that time. I was going home with an AK that day come hell or high water so I bought what he had available. After I ran the first few hundred rounds through it I came to like the set-up just fine. Of course, I'll probably change it out for wood furniture some day to get a more traditional look. That, or get one of those synthetic full stocks that fold. Way cool and looks a little more traditional too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Work in progress...
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Thats whats fun about them!!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top