Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/16/2011 11:25:13 AM EDT
My WASR 10/63 UF does not have a scope mount. I'm very glad of that fact. That said I noted on Classic Arm's site they have what they say is WASR-10 UF that does have the mount. Is the lack of the mount common with all WASR 10/63 UFs?

I must admit the wording of the listings on Classic Arms site as it concerns their AKs are confusing at best and even a bit misleading at worst. I don't know if they were talking WASR-10 or the 10/63.  LOL
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
An optics side rail on an underfolder has two problems:  1) Folding the stock with an optic in place, and 2) Mounting an optic on the rail itself due to interference from the folding mechanism on the receiver (optics generally mount to the rail by sliding on from the rear).

The Yugoslavian side rails designed to work with underfolders overcome these 2 problems by positioning the rail higher on the receiver, but they throw the optic sky-high in the process.  Pic of a Yugo M89 rail on an underfolder (not my rifle):

Link Posted: 4/16/2011 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as I am concerned a optic side-rail on a AK is just something else to poke at you. I much prefer a AK without one. The exception being a Sagia shotgun using a "low" Belrus side mount for a red dot. They do well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The one I just ordered had the side rail bracket on it, so I picked up a quick release UTG one Ebay.  I am not huge on rails with an AK, but I have some red dots that would go to waste if I didn't have one mounted.  Plus it's easier to get a solid zero on a red dot then iron sights, for me anyway.  

I read some reviews on the UTG stuff and it's honestly not that bad, I mean after all, metal is metal, as long as it was produced straight.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top