Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/11/2013 8:14:25 AM EDT
Hi, I just got my Arsenal SLR106UR back from Troy. Which Booster should I use? The 4-piece or the original cone style?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Both will work fine. The 4-pc FH can will suppress flash better, at the cost of added weight. The conical device is lighter weight, but offers slightly reduced flash reduction. I say don't worry about that stuff, and just buy what you like. For a 5.45 or 5.56 Krinks, I like the conical boosters. For 7.62 Krinks, I like the beer can FH.

Ummmm.....Why didn't you post a picture of your new Krink?  Without a pic, nobody believes you have it.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I could not make up my mind when I got mine. I had to send my cone booster to troy to have it milled out correctly to fit my 24mm front end. They had failed to complete it!

I mainly leave mine with the cone booster on it. If I want a super as short as one cna get it break, I use a Manitcore brkae! those are nice!!

Tread

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi, I just got my Arsenal SLR106UR back from Troy. Which Booster should I use? The 4-piece or the original cone style?

How short did they cut your barrel down? If you could post a pic that would be great. If you have 1/2 inch past flush the 4 piece won't work right.

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes please post pictures... I need more motivation to get the paperwork in order for my slr106ur
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Troy cut the barrel just about flush. There is maybe less than 1/8" extending past the gas block. I purchased both the 4-piece from Kvar and the original cone booster from a forum member. Using 55 grain Tula, the weapon functioned perfeclty regardless of the booster. The cone is A LOT lighter and sleeker than the 4-piece. From a shootability standpoint, both boosters performed about the same. I couldn't tell a difference in muzzle rise or felt recoil. However, the 4-piece seemed to deflect the sound more forward. There was a definate difference in the sound signature. Since it was daylight, I cannot tell which booster reduced flash better. For now, I am going to keep the cone booster on it just because it looks better with the wood stocks I installed. I'll post pics tonights.
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes please post pictures... I need more motivation to get the paperwork in order for my slr106ur

Does this help or hinder the process?

The nice thing about the Stormwerkz is that it will cowitness

Z
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still waiting on my stamp to come in to cut mine down. I have a cone booster I paid $40.00 shipped for I will most likely use. I added an UltiMAK rail I am planning to put a Aimpoint T-1 on. Other than that it will be mostly bare bones..
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the 4 piece myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I shouldn't have visited this thread, Troy is almost done with mine and when I look at those pictures it makes me want to fast forward time, I'm stoked to get it back
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top