Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2011 2:31:11 AM EDT
I have a few Dracos and I'm about to mount slings to them, but my problem is I don't know if I'd rather go for a center rear mount, or mount it on the side..

What are the pro's and cons of running a single point sling and pro's and cons of running a dual point sling?

What option is better for long range shooting?

What option is better for quick shooting?

How is your Draco set-up and how do you like it, if you could change your current sling set-up what would you do and why?
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a 360 degree swivel made by YHM threaded into the center of my rear trunions and a 2 point slings that are made for the VZ 58. Works great for me. Hangs great by my side and with proper adjustment can be brought straight up and held out with tension for accurate longer range shots.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I am using the StormWerkz plate.
I first used the side loop but am currently using the center-top point with Q/D swivel
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Im running one of these,

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af189/dj_leisure/IMG_8387.jpg

bought it on-line at Parallax tactical and I think he sells on ebay too.... under VM-1 sling plate. Buy direct I think its about $24 shipped.

I prefer the single point cause you can use it to provide opposing force to help control the recoil. Its also faster to get on target.
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the stormworks plate, very versatile...

Anyone know of a sling plate that bolts the the side of the receiver, either a HK snap type or a sling loop?
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top