Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/25/2012 11:55:59 AM EDT
OK so I have a draco c and as much as I'd love to sbr it, I really don't want the gov frustrations and extra expenses. So my question is, can I just mount a folded underfolder that has been welded onto a draco kinda like the pps43c? I love the look of the draco's with the stock folded and would be happy with it fixed. Anyone else think or do this? I want it to look like this!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why not.  That is essentially the same set up as the Polish PPS-43C pistols being imported.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats exactly what I was thinking, I just haven't seen anyone do it!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If it cannot be unfolded then there should be no problem.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a u/f stock on it,since you have the trunnion already in the receiver.Add a 5" can or whatever length you'll need to comply with the required 161/2" barrel.Then,you can have the stock fully operational.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the gayest thing I have EVER seen on ARFCOM
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Come on!! I'm sure someone has shown you a couple buttless chaps pics!!LOL!! If it helps any, Yes I like the asthetical look of the folded stock, no I dont really want to pay 200 or have to put an extention on it (Ihave a amd with the barrel extention) It will probably get shot just as much as now (which isnt much) whether I put it on or not. I collect neat looking stuff, and it with the folded stock looks cool as crap!!! I could really care less whether other people approve or not, but thank for your sooooooooooo helpful input.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on!! I'm sure someone has shown you a couple buttless chaps pics!!LOL!!

Why do people call them assless chaps? By definition, chaps are assless. Why do people feel the need to call them assless chaps? That's like saying Dairy Cheese, or two wheeled bicycle.

But, yes, I agree. Why install a piece of hardware that can't be used, won't be used, and is dead weight. Get up off your wallet, pay the $200 tax, and SBR it if you want a folding stock.

Az
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#8]
The way I look at it is that what difference does it make if its just going to be a range toy anyway. Yes I could go spend the $200 plus the cost of the stock and wait God knows how long for it to go through just to have it hang in my closet in the folded position, or I could just buy the stock, mount it folded, hang it in my closet  and still be able to have something not many other people have (or apparently would want!!LOL!!) I look at it more like,  I could spend $28-$100K on a full auto Thompson, or I could spend $8-$12 hundred for a semi. If I cant keep up with the ammo for a semi then why spend the extra $27k just to have an authentic FA that I can look at and say ooooohhhhh look at this I can flip the switch to full!! Is it worth it? Not really to me. Would I buy  one if I had tones of money? Absolutely. As it is even $200 could litterally break the bank sometimes. Married with kids aint cheap!!LOL!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh and yes chaps are chaps are chaps, but its funnier when you point out they're buttless!!LOL!! Especially when thrown in with a "Gayest thing" comment
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
OK so to kinda back talk myself here, yes I wouldn't mind going sbr, but I don't know if the end would justify the means. Quite a few different variables, this was more of just a "if they do it on the pp43c, why dont you see it on the draco's?" type thing. I've actually got a few pistols that I'd love to be able to make a little more managable!
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK so to kinda back talk myself here, yes I wouldn't mind going sbr, but I don't know if the end would justify the means. Quite a few different variables, this was more of just a "if they do it on the pp43c, why dont you see it on the draco's?" type thing. I've actually got a few pistols that I'd love to be able to make a little more managable!

Putting a buttstock, even an underfolder, on a Draco makes all the difference in the world if you're shooting past 20 feet.

I'm not made out of money either, but I can easily save up $200 by cutting back on something else for a month or two. Hell, put it on the credit card and you've got 7 months to pay it off before the stamp arrives.

Putting a fake folder on just seems... kinda dumb. Like a fake hood scoop on a muscle car, or a cucumber stuffed down your pants. Maybe I just don't care who I impress and am more interested in what something does to make me happy. Call me nutty.

But hey, it's your gun. Fuck it up  however you want.

Az
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But hey, it's your gun. Fuck it up  however you want.

^ This.

Imho, there's no reason (other than aesthetics) to add such a piece... Worse, it brings unwanted attention... If you don't have SBR papers and an idiot ATF agent sees that, he may write-up a warrant and kick your door down, regardless of whether or not the stock unfolds... Worse, he could try to argue in court that because it is a "pistol" and you put a "stock" on it (regardless of whether it's functional or not, since the law does not mention functionality), that you're guilty of putting a stock on a pistol and thereby violated Federal law, and felonies and 25 years Fed Pen, etc....

I would just SBR it, then add a functional underfolder. Best of both worlds!

- CK
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Im actually kinda leaning that way after talking on the sbr forum. I have to pay for the stamp up front right? And I can't have the pieces and parts around or its considered intent right? I do think its insane, just looking around, That you can buy the actual folding stock piece for $10, but to get the stock with the couple mechinism parts run an extra $50!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2012 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Do what you want. It doesn't matter if others think its "g-hey." I personally thinks it looks cool, and that's half the reason I own my not-very-useful Mini.

If we could SBR in our state (WA) I'd have a Krinkov in a heartbeat.

Make it like you want––and fondle it often...  I do
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
After much deliberation I'm going forth with my Draco-c into an SBR!! I hope it goes smooth!!!
Jason
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck with it then!  Let us know when it is done.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Take an underfolder and try to manipulate the safety with the stock folded. (can be done but is a bitch)

Just SBR it and be happy.

Link Posted: 6/13/2012 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#18]
MAKE SURE the method you use to permanently secure the UF stock in the closed position will satisfy ATF. Do not go based solely on what you have seen on other guns.

That being said; YES, that is the GAYEST proposal I have ever seen on ARFCOM and that includes actual offers for homosexual sex
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top