Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2012 6:42:07 PM EDT
Anyone seen a mini draco with a donkey dong type fore end?  Any way to cut one down to fit?  How would it pose a problem with seating mags?

(referring to a SBR)
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly the dong, but this was my attempt to make a wooden VFG:

I gave up the wood and went with the MI railed handguard setup. The screw on handguard setup of the Mini is horrible at best.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup I am currently in the middle of making a dong fit on my mini. All you need is a dremel and take your time. I trimmed the front, back, top and bottom. I also chopped the dong down a little bit to clear 30 round mags easier. I took this pic a few days ago. Its currently in paint with its second coat. Ill post pics soon of the final product. I can tell you that it is a hell of a lot more comfortable holding now! Looks ghetto bit I already love the feel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yup I am currently in the middle of making a dong fit on my mini. All you need is a dremel and take your time. I trimmed the front, back, top and bottom. I also chopped the dong down a little bit to clear 30 round mags easier. I took this pic a few days ago. Its currently in paint with its second coat. Ill post pics soon of the final product. I can tell you that it is a hell of a lot more comfortable holding now! Looks ghetto bit I already love the feel.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/Rollinkaddy/photobucket-4810-1354103791947.jpg

You do realize that the configuration shown is an AOW and requires a federal tax stamp, right?

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/Rollinkaddy/photobucket-4810-1354103791947.jpg

You do realize that the configuration shown is an AOW and requires a federal tax stamp, right?

YES SIR!
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES SIR!

Ok. Not trying to be your mom or anything. The regulations don't make a lot of sense, and a lot of people aren't aware that you can't just slap a VFG on a pistol without paying the .gov their $200 and waiting six months for your stamp. Didn't want you to get yourself in trouble.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES SIR!

Ok. Not trying to be your mom or anything. The regulations don't make a lot of sense, and a lot of people aren't aware that you can't just slap a VFG on a pistol without paying the .gov their $200 and waiting six months for your stamp. Didn't want you to get yourself in trouble.

Seriously?  Why can't there ever be a conversation or photo put up without someone wanting to sound smarter and more knowledgeable than everyone else??  YOU do realize, don't you, that the configuration shown in your avatar would constitute an SBR and requires a federal tax stamp, right?  Catch my drift?

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Any and all pictures in this thread are batfe legal SBRs or aows, so we can leave that topic alone. More pics/ideas please....
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Exactly my point, we're all big boys and girls here.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I like the way it looks! How hard was it to fit the foregrip?
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]
And how will it secure in place? Still with the screw?
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the way it looks! How hard was it to fit the foregrip?

Not to bad, a lot of shaving and fitting. The inside had to be cut out a little bit that was the biggest pain. I had to dremel through a pin that goes through the dong. That and getting the sides to line up with the reciever without gaps was the hardest part.

Quoted:
And how will it secure in place? Still with the screw?

With the original screw. I did have to shave it down about 1/3 to get it to have a snug fit. Im going to get a washer and make it flush to add some extra support. When you get a dong there is already a hole in the bottom of it. I made that line up with the threads on the gun, worked out great!

Heres how it looks so far. I am going to add some more coats yet. I have been pondering adding a sling screw towards the muzzle and a sling plate for an easy way to carry it. The pics make the paint look more glossy than it is in person.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Can I get a pic of the bottom of it and maybe a pic of the inside?
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Here you go. I tried to get what you wanted

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 3:43:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Sweet. Nice job..
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks great, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/1/2012 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#16]
That is one hottt bucharest typewriter there.  you NEED to go 40rounder in that.

hmm - bucharest telex might be more apropros.

i am quite envious of that - chromed as well, or a paint jobbie?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the comments guys

Quoted:
That is one hottt bucharest typewriter there.  you NEED to go 40rounder in that.

Heres a pic of a 40 rounder on it for you, looks kinda ugly to me so ill stick to my tanker mags LOL

Its actually chrome plated and was the only mini I could find at the time. Classic arms did a very small batch of them. I do have another, heres the big brother.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
right click, save - thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I like it, but would suggest a handguard retainer (think large washer with a slot for the muzzle pin) behind the muzzle nut to hold it on.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]
No problem hk

Quoted:
I like it, but would suggest a handguard retainer (think large washer with a slot for the muzzle pin) behind the muzzle nut to hold it on.

Thats a great idea but I dont think im going to grind off the break weld. I am going to get a washer to go under the original screw. This ak doesn't get shot much due to the prices mini's are selling for but it will get some range time as soon as I get the washer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2012 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for the comments guys

Quoted:

Heres a pic of a 40 rounder on it for you, looks kinda ugly to me so ill stick to my tanker mags LOL
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/Rollinkaddy/photobucket-2199-1354916732341.jpg

Its actually chrome plated and was the only mini I could find at the time. Classic arms did a very small batch of them. I do have another, heres the big brother.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/Rollinkaddy/photobucket-2191-1354916683301.jpg

I think you need a tax stamp for all that chrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Those awesome weapons have more chrome than my Harley...
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Is the inside of the receiver chromed also?
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Seriously?  Why can't there ever be a conversation or photo put up without someone wanting to sound smarter and more knowledgeable than everyone else??  YOU do realize, don't you, that the configuration shown in your avatar would constitute an SBR and requires a federal tax stamp, right?  Catch my drift?

He just wants you to not catch a federal case.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#25]
AND another one who thinks he needs to educate everyone else....you have obviously missed my point too.

If you have a comment or question for the topic or photo at hand, then by all means put it out there.  Everyone is sick of all the "you know that's illegal, right?" comments.  We are well aware of SBRs, AOWs, etc etc.  Especially in this section.  Go pretend to be smarter than the rest elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is the inside of the receiver chromed also?

Yes it is
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
you know with all the BS california has you can actually have a ar pistol with a vert grip ( I say ar because I saw one)
somewhere the atf or someone said because its not easily concealable or something like that its okay
even saw one for sale in a gun store personally
Im sure the ak pistol would fall under the same thing

when I first inquired about the legality someone had posted the document from the atf? about that issue

not sure if thats the same in other states but if its good in ca im sure its good everywhere

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
you know with all the BS california has you can actually have a ar pistol with a vert grip ( I say ar because I saw one)
somewhere the atf or someone said because its not easily concealable or something like that its okay
even saw one for sale in a gun store personally
Im sure the ak pistol would fall under the same thing

when I first inquired about the legality someone had posted the document from the atf? about that issue

not sure if thats the same in other states but if its good in ca im sure its good everywhere

Sounds pretty wrong. Just because you saw it in a gunstore, it doesn't make it right.

Back to the topic. Please no more discussions on legalities. There are plenty of threads on the legal issues of vert grips on pistols. This is a thread on the mini Draco with a vert grip or donkey dong grip.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top