Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2013 10:50:15 AM EDT
Where can i buy a mini draco at a reasonable price?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
There weren't many brought in.  You may stumble on a reasonable deal if you keep searching, but not likely. I have seen a few in the EE here. The only place I see them regularly is on GB in the $800 plus and up price range.

ETA: Motivational pics.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want one, you are pretty much going to have to pay 2x what they sold for when they were coming in, unless you want to scour the secondary market sites and local shops religiously for a deal and happen to jump on it before someone else sees it. Chances of that are fairly slim. I haven't seen one for less than $800 in a while.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]
GB will be about your only market right now.Put a WTB in the EE here.I have good results when I am looking for something.
It's a win win situation for both parties.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Yes. Why

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'v seen one that I liked. I just do mot like the standard ak rear sight block that close to the front sight. I do love krinks and standard Draco's / AIMR's.

EDIT to add its a members. He go's by " DTakas " His mini Draco that I like. He did a lot of mods to get it that way though.  Look it up. His should be the "Gardners Draco of mini Draco's. If you have a mini you should aspire to mimic his creation.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
mini ftw

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where can i buy a mini draco at a reasonable price?

Go back to 2011.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Why

Had to ask because I posted many pics of my Mini at one point and it has the same stain/furniture setup and you have the same granite countertop I do in my house. We have true twins

That's funny. I recall seeing some pics that I thought were of my counter and Mini! Nice taste!
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]
They only imported 1,500 of them, so you aren't going to find them at a reasonable price anymore.  Between limited supply, popularity for their short size, and the panic at the end of 2012, you are looking at $800-1,000 on the low end.

Honestly it is just cheaper to find a kit and have an AK pistol built to your specs- Restorit1 does pistol conversions for a reasonable price.

Honestly I would just tell you to go get a Yugo M92 PAP and SBR it, they can still be had for under $700 if you shop around, and I have a stock solution coming out shortly that should be popular with them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine was $465 w/ tax at a local gun show. Today however a few more has been spent on it, and I am still waiting for the primary arms red dot to be available, as the sights are too low for the straight back stock.

There are many like her but this one is mine.

Of the 1500 imported, I wonder how many are on the NFA registry today?
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#13]
on/in the registry... check...

current look:

Prev looks:

mine was under 900.00, already SBR'd by a C2.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#14]

What stocks are on those? Especially the bottom one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#15]
The fixed stock on the mini is no longer made, by Red Jacket Firearms. The folders are magpul stocks with an ace folding assembly
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#16]
It was made by DPH for red jacket. It is missing the QD socket. If you like that one. you mat look at the DPH Original Skeleton Stock,

http://dpharms.com/products/ak-47_furniture/ak~2Fsaiga_aluminum_stock_for_ace_style_trunions.html

Quoted:

What stocks are on those? Especially the bottom one.

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#17]
GB, EE.  gun show (maybe) or if youre really lucky a pawn shop.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#18]
The mini is my favorite AK
Draco & mini

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a stock solution coming out shortly that should be popular with them???????? You cant spring crap like that around here without more substance. COME ON DAWG!

Quoted:
They only imported 1,500 of them, so you aren't going to find them at a reasonable price anymore.  Between limited supply, popularity for their short size, and the panic at the end of 2012, you are looking at $800-1,000 on the low end.

Honestly it is just cheaper to find a kit and have an AK pistol built to your specs- Restorit1 does pistol conversions for a reasonable price.

Honestly I would just tell you to go get a Yugo M92 PAP and SBR it, they can still be had for under $700 if you shop around, and I have a stock solution coming out shortly that should be popular with them.

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#20]
EDIT to add its a members. He go's by " DTakas " His mini Draco that I like. He did a lot of mods to get it that way though.  Look it up. His should be the "Gardners Draco of mini Draco's. If you have a mini you should aspire to mimic his creation.

Thanks man, it's really cool to hear someone talk about your work that way

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep, DTakas I am planing to go the Trust route. I am looking into your stock mod as an strong option for the Draco. I was planing a AK100 folder. As I love the cheek weild of the poly stock. However your Idea seems more practical. I like that you can use your Right Thumb to depress the stock release and use a whipping action to lock the stock into the open position. Have you tried that yet? As opposed to fiddling with the standared Krink skeliton stock release.  There are not many like yours. Yet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Source? I've been on the hunt for a definitive answer to "How many mini draco's were imported?"

Thanks,
Matt
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd just get one of the arsenal milled pistols. Mini Dracos are too expensive for what they are.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd just get one of the arsenal milled pistols. Mini Dracos are too expensive for what they are.

You mean rare? in the end (like everything else), things are only "too" expensive when NOBODY pays the asking price. I bought my mini draco for $470 OTD. would i buy one at current prices? probably not, but thats my opinion and preference. im sure there are people who would pay 2x or even possibly 3x what i paid. To me, its a range toy and head turner. To others, it may make a nice addition to a private collection. But to say they are "too expensive for what they are" just seems unfair.

sorry, i read that post and it struck a nerve with me for some reason. just my $.02 and no offense intended

-Matt
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean rare? in the end (like everything else), things are only "too" expensive when NOBODY pays the asking price. I bought my mini draco for $470 OTD. would i buy one at current prices? probably not, but thats my opinion and preference. im sure there are people who would pay 2x or even possibly 3x what i paid. To me, its a range toy and head turner. To others, it may make a nice addition to a private collection. But to say they are "too expensive for what they are" just seems unfair.

sorry, i read that post and it struck a nerve with me for some reason. just my $.02 and no offense intended

-Matt

And I'll regard it like the pennies I see on the ground.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#26]
What are the alternatives? An $1100 Arsenal with a 3" longer barrel, the non-chrome lined Yugo that isn't better in any other way, and oh yeah, also longer. Or?

The Mini Draco is cool because it is rare in 2 columns (total # plus shortest barrel).
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry for my comment. However, if you feel like it's initially insulting, why post it?

The Mini Draco was considered by many to be sub par when they arrived. Fitment issues in typical Romanian fashion, and the hot dog bun hand guard fell off of more than a few. When scarcity hits any market, price and demand goes up. For the current market price, I personally don't think it's worth the cost to be a new owner in the panic climate. Is it cool due to rarity? Sure, but it's not because it's a superior pistol platform for slinging x39.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, as delivered they had issues. The bun fell off every last one that was fired. There is a reason every one I have seen SBR'd has the MI handguard.

For a PDW style gun based on the AK, it is about the only host there is. Everything else is noticeably longer.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks man, it's really cool to hear someone talk about your work that way
http://i48.tinypic.com/2a4shhh.jpg

Lose the screws. Rivets are not hard to press. It takes about a $25-30 investment and about an hour to mod the tool and press the rivets. If you want to know how, email me.

evl....

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a stock solution coming out shortly that should be popular with them???????? You cant spring crap like that around here without more substance. COME ON DAWG!

Quoted:

Shoot me a PM and I can tell you a little more.  Long story short, should have something interesting available come summertime.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top