Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/1/2014 10:06:23 PM EDT
My brother is thinking about buying a mini Draco.

Has anyone had any problems that could not be fixed easily?

Is there any company that makes a rail for mounting a red dot?

Thanks for any info and can give
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Mines been 100% from day one.  I put a MI rail on it with a red dot.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm testing mine out tomorrow.  I'll put at TWS on it with a red dot and wait to see what Manticore comes out with before going MI (though if MI does a keymod with a specialized top for various optics, I'd be more interested--but I'd still replace it with the Manticore).
As is I've added the SB47 brace, the spacer to add 2" or so, a Magpul AK MOE+ (sanded down to fit with the brace above it), the shepherd's hook replacement plate, a tapco g2 trigger (that i polished), and a Griffin Armament 762SD flash-comp (not on their site yet) which will take the QD blast shield if I need to get that.
More soon...
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good--just shorten it by a keymod hole or two, and put a hole in he bottom for a screw in the front, and you're done!
:)
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#8]
That would stop me from having to buy a handstop.  With these MINIs, I think a handstop is a REQUIREMENT.
Right now, I just have strips of skate tape up there (and I sanded it to reshape and make it a bit more pronounced--as well as painted it black).
* I was thinking of just using a longer screw, then drilling a hole through a Magpul or Larue handstop and mounting one that way until your rail came out. With keymods or piccany.

The sight radius on this gun is horrible, so a red dot is a must.  I'll get your top rail whenever it comes out--though I may end up using this gun in a Vickers AK class on 1/5/15, so I may get the TWS to hold me over.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree, I think for safety (and product liability) an integral handstop is pretty necessary.  I think we can still get 4 Keymod slots on the bottom even with a handstop.  It should look pretty MP5K-ish in appearance when done.

I'll get it modeled up and post some pics in a new thread, sorry to hijack!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That would stop me from having to buy a handstop.  With these MINIs, I think a handstop is a REQUIREMENT.
Right now, I just have strips of skate tape up there (and I sanded it to reshape and make it a bit more pronounced--as well as painted it black).
* I was thinking of just using a longer screw, then drilling a hole through a Magpul or Larue handstop and mounting one that way until your rail came out. With keymods or piccany.

The sight radius on this gun is horrible, so a red dot is a must.  I'll get your top rail whenever it comes out--though I may end up using this gun in a Vickers AK class on 1/5/15, so I may get the TWS to hold me over.

I agree, I think for safety (and product liability) an integral handstop is pretty necessary.  I think we can still get 4 Keymod slots on the bottom even with a handstop.  It should look pretty MP5K-ish in appearance when done.

I'd love this!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I agree, I think for safety (and product liability) an integral handstop is pretty necessary.  I think we can still get 4 Keymod slots on the bottom even with a handstop. It should look pretty MP5K-ish in appearance when done.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, I think for safety (and product liability) an integral handstop is pretty necessary.  I think we can still get 4 Keymod slots on the bottom even with a handstop. It should look pretty MP5K-ish in appearance when done.

MP5K-ish is good, I had to try and get that look by modifying two parts.  It would be great if us users could get that look from an off the shelf Manticore part.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's one of mine. These were made from mp5k grips and cut down/ modified to fit a rail. If love it if someone made these commercially as they would work for any style of gun, SBR or not....

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Maddogdan what brand hand stop is that?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maddogdan what brand hand stop is that?
View Quote

It is a Gear Sector hand stop.  They do have a web site and I believe they come in black, FDE, coyote brown, OD and foliage green.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the info guys.

I didn't know the mini and had a lot of after market support.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:05:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Manticore--- Package on the way to you...
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I would think an integral hand stop would be a bad idea considering how many people use AFGs on their pistols and place them as far forward as possible.  Integral anything can be a deal breaker to a lot of folks.  If a person wants a hand stop they can add the one they want later.  Adding a hand stop is a lot easier than removing one that's integral.  More options for the end user if left slick.

I'd also like to see it stay the length it is in the picture instead of shortening it.  As long as it doesn't extend past the bare barrel I don't see how it could hurt anything.  More real estate and it looks damn good!  

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top