Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2013 12:42:00 PM EDT
I received my Atlas belt about two hours ago and thought I'd throw out a quick review for those that are on the fence.

This is my first belt that isnt leather.  I currently use a Crossbreed 1.5" for everyday carry.  Typically I run a Glock 23 in an MTAC.  I shoot a lot, so I often remove my carry gun and put a belt holster on for range time (The joys of shooting at home).  I've been happy with the Crossbreed, but it has lost some stiffness in the 2 years I've had it.  I also liked he idea of infinite adjustment.

Initial impressions-

I went with coyote/coyote and coyote buckle and captured tail. The belt is extremely well made.  Fit and finish is excellent.  Time from order to my door was about a week.
It's stiff, but extremely comfortable.  I was worried that it would be too stiff, but it's not.

I wear a size 32 waist, and ordered the medium belt.  I don't like to have to wear super tight to support a pistol, and with this one I don't.  With my MTAC I have about 2" of overlap in the 1.5" webbing.

I typically carry spare mags OWB or in my pocket, otherwise I would have gone with a large.  For me, the medium is perfect.

I'll report back after a few weeks of beating on it, but as of right now I am thoroughly impressed.

Now for the pics-

If anyone has questions, I'll answer them to the best of my abilities.

Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
When you draw your weapon does the belt keep the holster in place pretty well or does the holster come out at all?
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
How's it thread through your belt loops?
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I also received a similar belt today from the same company.  I wear a 34 pant and carry a g26 iwb.  The belt was too small for my liking.  I sent it back for a large.  Overall a very nice belt.  IMHO the sizing is a bit small.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
i was looking into one of these. how many inches  does it expand?
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the review. I've been thinking of getting the G Hook model.

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]
My wallet hates you
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Roland-  there's zero movement when drawing.  I shot yesterday with it.  Used my MTAC, a Shadow kydex, 2 Raven LC holsters, and a blade tech.  Worked perfect, far better than my old belt.

Fred- I thread it backwards compared to normal belts.  I ran this one clockwise.  It is definitely more difficult to thread compared to a regular belt, but it's well worth it.  It really shines with clip on IWB holsters like Comptac and Crossbreed.

Potato- There's plenty of adjustment.  I would recommend going up a size.  If I had it to do over, I'd buy a large.  You can always make it smaller.   They do tend to run a bit small when you think pant size instead of true waist.  There looks to be about 6-8 inches of total adjustment, hence the size up recommendation.

Kiltakaze- my wallet hates me too, but my carry gun loves me!

To clarify, I was initially concerned that the cobra buckle would be obtrusive.  It's not, it's actually a smaller profile than the average leather gun belt In all aspects.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top