Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/4/2016 4:03:49 AM EDT
Anyone else find the glock 26 to be perfect for EDC?

Light enough to actually carry with no complaints.

Grip is a good balance between concealment and control.

10+1 before a reload is great for its size.

Am I alone in thinking this?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes you are as I find it to be one of the worst decisions for a carry gun. Horrible grip, plastic sights, staple gun break and reset, and horrible ergonomics.

Is this the new retread for dantsx?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
yes. they are good to go
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the G19 is a better size overall.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
On my short list for next double stack ccw pistol.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes you are as I find it to be one of the worst decisions for a carry gun. Horrible grip, plastic sights, staple gun break and reset, and horrible ergonomics.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which gun do you prefer thats around the same size?

I don't understand the retread bit.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shield.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Up until the G43 came along, yes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes it is. And many other Glocks.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 26 is nice, but honestly I prefer carrying my 19 over the 26.

But if I do carry the 26, my reload is a 17 round mag. Love the glock system.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the 19 is one of the most recommended guns around. And for good reason.

But the smaller grip of the 26 is night and day difference for me when it comes to concealment.

I had a 23 for awhile. Spent alot of money on belts and holsters before i gave up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But the smaller grip of the 26 is night and day difference for me when it comes to concealment.

I had a 23 for awhile. Spent alot of money on belts and holsters before i gave up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have the glock sub forum here where everyone will agree with you. But this is a carry sub forum and what you said makes no sense at all because there is no good reason at all when there are much better carry guns out there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm one of those that likes the 19 better.  I have a 43, but I honestly don't carry it all that much since the 19 has 2 1/2x the capacity and is a good bit more shootable.  I haven't carried a 26 before, is the grip all that much more concealable than a 19?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm one of those that likes the 19 better.  I have a 43, but I honestly don't carry it all that much since the 19 has 2 1/2x the capacity and is a good bit more shootable.  I haven't carried a 26 before, is the grip all that much more concealable than a 19?
View Quote

It is for me by a long shot.

With a 26 I don't have to worry as much about moving around, bending over, etc
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Up until the G43 came along, yes.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#15]

A fan here. I have an older G26 that's smooth in the finger grooves. It's always run like a champ for me. I'd like to get a gen 4 G26 to replace it as my EDC soon.
I have a 19, but carry the 26.

Cheers!
-JC

ETA: Welcome 1st time poster!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I finally got my first Glock and went with the 19. I find it really easy to carry comfortably and shoot it well. I like the 26 but the 19 is just right for me. It's just awesome that we have so many options these days, there's a perfect gun for everyone.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Haters gonna hate.

The G26 is fine. Use what works for you.

Some may say that if you're going small, opt for the 43.
Others will say that if you're going small, why not opt for the increased capacity of the 26.
Then you have those who say that you might as well just carry a 19.

With that line of thinking, why not a 21 or a 17.

Everyone is different.
Complaceny, comfort level, awareness... All vary, person to person.

Life never goes as planned.
Some prepare for the worst, others weigh the odds.

Personally, I'm comfortable with a 43.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#18]
i like mine. Perfect blend of size and capacity in a carry gun IMO.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

19 is better.

I carried a 27 for years, finally bought a 19 and tried it out and realized that it made absolutely zero difference in terms of the way it carried.  So I switched, the 19 is more controllable and carries more rounds.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not alone, they're a great concealed carry gun all the way around (although G27 for me).
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I can carry the G27 on my belt with a regular fitting t shirt and have no printing. Can't do that with anything bigger.

Due to recent events I've been carrying my G22 instead. There isn't much difference under a button up shirt but the grip length definitely grabs more doors and furniture.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Never cared for the stubby fat grip on the 26. I carry a 19 and/or a 43 every day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#24]
It's my T shirt in summer gun.  I've never chosen my 43 over my 26.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I carry a 19, but my wife has 26. I shoot well with either, but the 19 fits my hands perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I carry my 26 and CM9 the most. Occasionally the 19.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I carried a 26 every day for years and loved it.  Put the GAP floorplate on it and embrace the two fingered grip.  I'd still be carrying it today if I didn't need to transfer my pistol from the holster to a lockbox multiple times a day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I can shoot my 26 surprisingly accurately.  But I can shoot faster follow up shots with the 19, so that's what's carried 99% of the time in a primary role.  Ease of concealability is less important to me than my ability to get rounds on target fast.  The GAP floor plate helps but it's still not as quick for me as the 19 with the longer grip.  And please don't mention grip extensions as the solution because then it's just a 19 with a shorter sight radius and more felt recoil.

Overall, the 26 is a really good gun.  But the 19 is better.  And it's very easy to conceal so why carry anything smaller.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd still be carrying it today if I didn't need to transfer my pistol from the holster to a lockbox multiple times a day.
View Quote

I have to ask.  What do you mean by this?  

Something to do with the exposed trigger is my only guess.  I've been transferring to a lockbox for years while in a PFZ and it's totally safe.  Just keep the safety disengagement tool off the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I traded my 26 for a S&W 3913 and I carry a P9.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I EDC it with a few changes.  Trijicon steel night sights, upgraded slide release, slide lock lever, magazine release, grip plug and Pearce +2, I can squeeze 14 rounds in the gun, perfection.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I carry a bone stock 26 every day.  I'm slowly starting to consider the fact that it might be the handgun I've wanted for a very very long time.  I just can't justify going to a 43 and giving up the ammo capacity.  If I were going to do that I'd just carry my Colt Officer's Model.  

I'm still up in the air with holsters.  I'll probably try one of the hybrid double clip IWB holsters next.  Right now I'm really liking my single clip leather IWB minimalist kind of holster.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think the G19 is a better size overall.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I need one for boot carry. Now its a 30s
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Just bought one last Sunday. In my opinion it feels much better in hand than the 43. I thought the 43 was just too thin. Why settle for 6+1 when I can effectively conceal and carry 10+1 and a backup mag choice from 10, 12, 15, and 17? I upgraded mine with a Tango Down mag release and Trijicon nights sights. I'm very happy with my decision so far. I agree with you completely, it's a great choice. For me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DanTSX would never champion the G26... He would go with the G19.

Rightfully so might I add.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#38]
26 is a great gun.  

19 is just a better size - if you can conceal a 26 on your belt or in a bag then you can also conceal a 19. At the same time 26 is not small enough really for pocket carry.  Probably the one carry mode where 26s are ideal is ankle.  That's just been my experience.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#39]
The 19 grip is huge compared to the 26, and it's the grip that will print the most, not the slide. Not the perfect answer as pointed out.

But eh, I don't think either are great and there are much more options that are more suited to me and does it better in my hands.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:58:09 AM EDT
[#40]
I carry a 19 but i guess if i was in a ten round limit state id look at the 26 or 43.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Im searching for a new carry gun as we speak, I'm torn between he 26 and 19 myself.. Living in NY means I'm limited to 10 rounds any way, so the extra capacity of the 19 does not matter. Ive handle both on several occasions, even side by side, compared them as best as I can. I have decided that I will own both at some point, but right now the 26 seems to be the better choice (for me) for a carry gun.. Summer time I find myself leaving my gun at home more often than not because In a T-shirt I simply cannot conceal my weapon. The barrel is not this issue, it's the grip, I'm on the skinny side of the scale and no matter how hard I try I cannot hide a full size handgun on my frame. So to make a long story longer, no you are not alone in thinking this..
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:04:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Something to do with the exposed trigger is my only guess.  I've been transferring to a lockbox for years while in a PFZ and it's totally safe.  Just keep the safety disengagement tool off the trigger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd still be carrying it today if I didn't need to transfer my pistol from the holster to a lockbox multiple times a day.

My concern is a negligent discharge due to one of several factors, which include my own fat fingers or some foreign object disengaging the trigger safety when it's either dropped or holstered.  

It's an unlikely possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.  Nothing is "totally safe".  Anytime a human, or something a human designed, is involved, there's the chance for a fuckup.  And if I'm around, it goes up another notch.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Im searching for a new carry gun as we speak, I'm torn between he 26 and 19 myself.. Living in NY means I'm limited to 10 rounds any way, so the extra capacity of the 19 does not matter. Ive handle both on several occasions, even side by side, compared them as best as I can. I have decided that I will own both at some point, but right now the 26 seems to be the better choice (for me) for a carry gun.. Summer time I find myself leaving my gun at home more often than not because In a T-shirt I simply cannot conceal my weapon. The barrel is not this issue, it's the grip, I'm on the skinny side of the scale and no matter how hard I try I cannot hide a full size handgun on my frame. So to make a long story longer, no you are not alone in thinking this..
View Quote

Try small grip guns like sig p938 and xds
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:36:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a couple of full size XDS already, and my friend has a XDS in 9mm.. Ill have to ask him to shoot it again.. I just remember thinking... "meh" when I shot it.. Though I live in a ban state and can only carry 10 rounds, I like the .26s ability to accept larger mags from its bigger brothers.. Soon as my son graduates high school I will be moving out of this shit hole, so eventually that will come into play..
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#45]
I love mine :)
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 26 is fine by me, but that's not really the question IMHO. Do YOU like the gun? Are you comfortable when carrying it? When shooting it? Everyone is different. For example the longer gip on the 19 vs the 26 is fine for me, but other don't like it as much.

I like Glocks ok, but really liked the XDs I held...might try that for a smaller option.

(Ignore the "retread" comment. That guy's off his meds in a serious way.)
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you ask me, go 26 no question in your case. Since you're limited to 10rds that pretty much negates most of the advantage of the 19 over the 26 IMO. Unless you simply can't shoot the 26.

Everyone's hands are different. GSL hates Glocks...fine (and also irrelevant). I like them...also fine (and irrelevant). What do YOU like. We're not carrying your gun for you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#48]
I pocket carry mine when I don't want to carry a bigger gun like my G19 or 1911.  For me it is a good gun for that purpose.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#49]
This has me wanting a 26 again.
I've had several over the years and always settled on the G19 can do anything the 26 can...but damnit, the 26 is smaller and easier to tuck as well as able to use G19/ 17 and 18 mags...which the 42 (that I've got on me now) can't.
Personally, if I was in a state that only allowed 10 rounds mags, I'd go with the 10 biggest rounds I can find and just get a single stack .45...
I find a 1911 very easy to conceal for some reason...even if it weighs as much as a house compared to a G26...
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd been wanting a G26 for concealed carry, too, until I tried to actually conceal one.  Err...nope.  I have a pretty slender frame, and unless it's winter, there's not a lot of reasonable ways I can conceal that on my body.  Which is a bummer, because I love the way it feels in my hand and I like the capacity.  So it looks like I will stick with the G43, especially with the weather getting warmer.

I pretty much refuse to purse carry, and currently the only way I carry is IWB.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top