Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2014 10:58:46 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with one. At first it seemed like quite a waste of money, but the more I think about it I started to wonder is it worth the juice.

Would one be better of to just build up there own "Salient type glock". Seems like the biggest things it has going for it would be the Trigger, Barrel, and frame/slide work. Would one of the Zev triggers be on par with what Salient arms is using?

I have really been looking at building a tricked out money is no object glock for IPSC and 3 gun. Lets say you start with a 34 or 17 and add what?

KKM barrel?

Zev works trigger?

What company to stipple the frame, lighten the slide and mill it for a RDS?

Are the internal pins and guide rod worth the moeny?

After all this are you close to the price of the Salient glock?

And now you have this tricked out glock that you are gaming with, what about you carry gun? Obviously reliability is paramount, would you trust one for a carry gun? Would it be worth the money to know that a gun smith put your gun together?

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Minus the stippling, I think I'd build out my G42-size single stack 9 exactly like that once Glock finally releases it to market.  I'd have to run a night sight up front for CCW purposes, but otherwise their stuff is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks to me like a crock. Still using glock factory barrel according to the pic.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it really that much more reliable than a factory Glock?

Is it really capable of shooting that much better than a factory Glock?

And if it is, are YOU capable of taking advantage of that accuracy?

If money was no object I'd get an STI and send it to a good smith.  Or, for IPSC production I'd get a pimped out CZ or Tanfoglio.  There's a reason the top competitive shooters run stuff like that.  Like Jesse Tischauer said on here once, plastic guns will get you started, steel guns will get you trophies.

Most shooters will be just fine with a factory Glock and will never outgrow it, except maybe for some trigger work, better sights, etc.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

quite a waste of money,
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
2500 dollars to do what exactly?
I guarantee if you start two shooters off with 3000 dollars for a SD weapon mags and ammo and accessories the person that buys a box stock glock and adds night sights but now has over 2 grand left to spend on ammo to practice with will be miles ahead of whatever sucker buys this pistol.
This gun was designed solely to separate dummies and their money.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a ZEV glock 19. It ran a bit less money. $1400. I bought it as I wanted a completely tricked out Glock. I probably wouldn't carry it because of the cost. Carry guns get beat up and if it is used in a shooting end up in a police evidence locker.
But this Zev glock is fully capable of keeping up with the best 1911 in the accuracy dept.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry, I can't see spending that kind of money on a different color barrel, a trigger, and a texture job.  I don't care what color my barrel is, I don't swap my trigger out, and I can texture it myself.  I do like the looks of them, but I don't see it being any more functional than any other Glock.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems like a solution to a non-existent problem
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
quite a waste of money,

Yep.

Just another piece of gear for an Asian to pose with and be tactical on facebook.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
My M&P was $1,600 and that's because it has an RMR and X300.  If this thing came with a light/red dot, then $2,500 might be ok, but it's basically just a trigger job and some slide lightening.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My M&P was $1,600 and that's because it has an RMR and X300.  If this thing came with a light/red dot, then $2,500 might be ok, but it's basically just a trigger job and some slide lightening.  No thanks.
View Quote

I'd buy this first:

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell, a LOT of us like "bling".

I was seriously considering sending my Glock 26 into Zev UNTIL I saw the thread here on the issues a member had with Zev.

They CAN do real nice work, Google Zev Glock then go to images.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd buy this first:

http://youtu.be/KjQk244oW9c

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd buy this first:

http://youtu.be/KjQk244oW9c

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with one. At first it seemed like quite a waste of money, but the more I think about it I started to wonder is it worth the juice.

Would one be better of to just build up there own "Salient type glock". Seems like the biggest things it has going for it would be the Trigger, Barrel, and frame/slide work. Would one of the Zev triggers be on par with what Salient arms is using?

I have really been looking at building a tricked out money is no object glock for IPSC and 3 gun. Lets say you start with a 34 or 17 and add what?

KKM barrel?

Zev works trigger?

What company to stipple the frame, lighten the slide and mill it for a RDS?

Are the internal pins and guide rod worth the moeny?

After all this are you close to the price of the Salient glock?

And now you have this tricked out glock that you are gaming with, what about you carry gun? Obviously reliability is paramount, would you trust one for a carry gun? Would it be worth the money to know that a gun smith put your gun together?

http://youtu.be/-DQWn23rtXU

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/b9/6f/8a/b96f8a2950b4cbf1beea59bf996fa524.jpg

View Quote

I have a tier 3 17 with tier 1 internals (ISMI rod, flat trigger, over sized pins) $1700 gun included. Pricey, yes, this thing fucking rocks though, almost at the 2000 rd count and ZERO issues. The frame work is awesome, totally molds to your hand and feels great. The sights are Warren with a front fiber optic. The rear Warren sight is a brick, has two set screws to keep it in place when mashing it on hard surfaces. The trigger is just ridiculous, had them set mine to 3.5lbs (whatever you fancy). It's smooth/soft, breaks are audible, predictable, and shortened slightly. I do carry this gun daily, after the abuse I dish out to it at the range or when training, bet your ass I trust it. Worth the money, I can't complain about it at all, in fact its exceeded my expectations, love this gun.
Hater'aid
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I have shot quite a few Salient guns, and yes they are quite nice.  Are they worth the price of admission, that is entirely up to the individual.  The ones I have been run seem to be a bit more accurate than the average run of the mill Glock.  But then with a light custom set up trigger and fitted barrel, they should be.  

I do like some of their slide work, but i'm not a fan of the lightning cuts as it typically requires re springing the slide.  I prefer to keep things as close to stock as possible.  

That being said, I do like a little machine work to go with my slightly modified Glocks...:)

TXPO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top