Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2016 2:18:43 PM EDT
On my Glock 27, I always had a good set of factory night sights.   I like night sights quite a bit  but latelty, my sight preference has changed to a blacked out rear, like I have on my M&P (sharpie on stock sight).

I recently picked up a G19 Gen 4 and I don't mind the plastic sights for now,  but as this becomes my new carry gun, i'd prefer to replace the plastic  with something more robust.  Anyone have the defoor sights and like them?  Anything else, I should look at.  

Budget is ideally less than $100 but can go up to $150.    

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon night sights on all my Glocks.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
All my carry glocks wear Trijicon HD sights. Best combat sights on the market right now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Running Tru Glo all green here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Trijicon HD's on all mine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I run Ameriglo Hackathorn night sights on my Glocks.  They are the hotness:

Linky
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have Heinie slant pro straight 8 night sights.  I just ordered a set of the Wilson\Vickers sights with FO front sight to try out on my new G17.

Sights are very subjective I do not really care for 3 dot sights I prefer a straight 8 two dot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
currently running meprolights, which i'm a big fan. however, i recently tried a vp9 with a set of heinie straight 8s, and i think i'm gonna switch over
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
currently running meprolights, which i'm a big fan. however, i recently tried a vp9 with a set of heinie straight 8s, and i think i'm gonna switch over
View Quote

I have them on several of my Glocks, Sig P228, once my P226 sights fade out I will replace those eventually, I wish they made them for my CZ 75 and Walther PPS.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Linky
View Quote

Same sight, different color, great quality.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Linky
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Warren Tactical.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
AmeriGlo Cap Sights designed by Dave Spaulding are on my Glock 19; it's very easy to shoot fast and accurately with these sights.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Heinies in very low light.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All my carry glocks wear Trijicon HD sights. Best combat sights on the market right now.
View Quote

Another vote for this
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Ameriglo Defoors. All black.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Dawson F/O front with a 10-8 rear.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Ameriglo I Dot Pro's, green dot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Amerigo Caps (orange) or Hackathorns.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the Vickers elite battlesights (made by wilson combat) on my g19 and g43. Black rear U notch and tritium front sight. Great sights!
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Linky
View Quote

That's how I roll as well.  Great sights!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I have shot and liked 10-8 sights and liked them very much. I think my next Glock I will try Dawson adjustable sights but I hear good things about the fixed charger sights too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#22]
This is my G33 Gen 4 with Novak low mount sights. Plain black rear with front tritium dot. Steel of course. All my recently acquired Glocks wear the same package as shown. Every Browning Hi-Power and 1911 that I own and carry have sported Novaks since the late 80's. You can do this with your G19 for under $150. Just send Novaks your slide and they'll do the rest.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have the Vickers elite battlesights (made by wilson combat) on my g19 and g43. Black rear U notch and tritium front sight. Great sights!
View Quote
Have these on all my Glocks. Very smartly engineered.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I think mine is getting Ameriglo UC sights.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#25]
We should build a thread with sight pictures of all the Glock sights showing the differences between them.  I know I have wasted a lot of money buying different sights, holsters, belts, and misc stuff over the years to find out I do not like X Y or Z.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think mine is getting Ameriglo UC sights.  

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0802/4733/products/GL-354.png?v=1466017518
View Quote

That is the front sight I use, but I use the bigger Hackathorn rear, with serrations.

Edit to add:
I use the same sights on my 42 and 43 as the full size pistols.
You just need to check where the poa and poi is for you.
That way all my sights are the same.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We should build a thread with sight pictures of all the Glock sights showing the differences between them.  I know I have wasted a lot of money buying different sights, holsters, belts, and misc stuff over the years to find out I do not like X Y or Z.
View Quote

This would be hugely valuable. If people could post the sight pic at day and at night would be awesome. A long list of people saying "I like xyz sight" isn't really all that useful without additional data or preferably pics.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This would be hugely valuable. If people could post the sight pic at day and at night would be awesome. A long list of people saying "I like xyz sight" isn't really all that useful without additional data or preferably pics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There used to be one but it archived.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's disappointing. There are so many popular sights right now and for some reason many of the manufacturers seem to not want to show you their actual sight picture pics on their websites. I'm also in the process of narrowing down what to upgrade my sights to in the near future  (have always run 3 dot night sights). Really digging the bright orange fronts but that only narrows it down so much. Funny how that's made a comeback though, they seemed to be very popular on revolvers in the 70's and 80s, minus the tritium of course.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's disappointing. There are so many popular sights right now and for some reason many of the manufacturers seem to not want to show you their actual sight picture pics on their websites. I'm also in the process of narrowing down what to upgrade my sights to in the near future  (have always run 3 dot night sights). Really digging the bright orange fronts but that only narrows it down so much. Funny how that's made a comeback though, they seemed to be very popular on revolvers in the 70's and 80s, minus the tritium of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What sucks is not being able to see these up close with your own eyes to see how it works for ya.
I got lucky and a guy in a tac pistol class had a set that appealed to me and I played with his gun.
I do not like any distraction on the rear of the gun, I wanna see front sight only, so that is why I use black rears and tritium with yellow/green up front.
My eyes also like it.

Some people like to have a bright visual in the rear also, and if that works for them so be it.
I like to have space on both sides of front when viewing down slide, some people like to fill the notch up (wider front or narrower rear), everybody is different.
I believe whenever possible to make the sights fit your preference, not the other way around, that also means you may piss off a lil bit of money swapping sights.
No free lunch.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Hackathorn or Trijicon HD
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a really good one over at GlockTalk as well, I just can't find it...
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I need recommendations for a suppressor height sight for a 19. Thinking maybe tritium front and black rear?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I can't recommend Trijicon to anyone. I put a set on my G19 earleir this week and the front sight was loose in the slide and had to be epoxied in place. I had already installed the rear sight, otherwise I would have sent them back.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#35]
If any MOD reads this would they be willing to tack a thread if I started one and composed it of different sights on pistol both day and night?
MOD if you want to reply here or IM me let me know......  If we can get it tacked I will be willing to start the thread and everyone just post pics of what sights you have and start building a database.  We can keep it free of commenting just pictures of sights as well.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If any MOD reads this would they be willing to tack a thread if I started one and composed it of different sights on pistol both day and night?
MOD if you want to reply here or IM me let me know......  If we can get it tacked I will be willing to start the thread and everyone just post pics of what sights you have and start building a database.  We can keep it free of commenting just pictures of sights as well.
View Quote

An idea if this goes thru:
Besides a pic, a description of what brand and type (make &model) and preferably a hot- link to the sight.

Any other ideas ?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Besides a pic, a description of what brand and type (make &model) and preferably a hot- link to the sight.

Any other ideas ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any other ideas ?

Good idea but I think users commenting on what they like or blah blah blah will detract the point of the thread.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good idea but I think users commenting on what they like or blah blah blah will detract the point of the thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any other ideas ?

I agree on the comments.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Glock's OEM night sights...very bright, and easy to see in the day, My old ass can't see. But these work well. like $60 out the door with Glock. Or send slide to them in GA.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be nice
Edit just seen there is a thread started for that I'll post a link not sure if it will work. So far only 1 post.
sight picture thread
Hopefully that link works.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you post a picture of the sight picture? Please
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to see one with the HD night sights too if anyone is so included to post one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I would like to see one with the HD night sights too if anyone is so included to post one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are HD Trijicon's on my S&W Shield. Also have them on a full size M&P and ordered another pair today for a Glock 19 I bought this afternoon. Great sights, easy to pick up the front sight in orange.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for posting. I really like them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top