Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 9:18:35 AM EDT
Other than sights of course (done already), I'm looking for the extended slide release lever for the new Gen5 for my 17.

Any info, i.e. part number or availability yet on these?

Thank's in advance.

There is a picture in the owners manual.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL, sumbitch is already extended, at least compared to prior generations.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Call them and try to order one. They didn't have any when I called them a few weeks ago. Let me know if you find anything out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL, sumbitch is already extended, at least compared to prior generations.
View Quote
Being a lefty, it is odd being able to use it.

It does work nicely, even for my 'small hands.'
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Call them and try to order one. They didn't have any when I called them a few weeks ago. Let me know if you find anything out.
View Quote
Says the Advanced GLock Certified Armorer.

I'll give a call next week maybe.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to post a follow up to my call to Glock

Chris at Glock didn't know anything, didn't even have a manual to look at the picture on pg. 44.

He just said wait and see
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering about this too. Lefty and with my small Trump hands the "new" slide release lever seems stiff/difficult to use. So much so that I've talked myself into holding off on a Gen 5. Once some aftermarket or Glock OEM extended releases come out I'll grab one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I know for sure that the armorers at Glock's office in Smyrna will install them upon request because they did it for me a few weeks ago:

-bob
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know for sure that the armorers at Glock's office in Smyrna will install them upon request because they did it for me a few weeks ago:

https://i.imgur.com/E85yTJL.jpg

-bob
View Quote
Nice! Wish I was close to GA.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

-bob
View Quote
Did you get a part number?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Normally they give you a sheet with the part number installed. I’ve been there once when they came out with the new Gen4 ejector to fix BTF. This was back in 2011. They were still experimental and didn’t even have a part number stamp. I wish I still lived close to GA!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably a testing part from the 17M's if they aren't producing them yet officially.

You can also take a vise and pliers and pull it out a tad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

-bob
View Quote
Seriously, WTF is this bullshit?

Fucking tards at Glock are useless, well, unless you can visit in person and ask for an upgrade.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Seriously, WTF is this bullshit?

Fucking tards at Glock are useless, well, unless you can visit in person and ask for an upgrade.
View Quote
Yeah, at this point I'm convinced they just google search for answers when a customer calls.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:11:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder why they do the things they do with parts. Maybe they are having issues with them and are perfecting the design. Or maybe they only have them for the M series. Anyone willing to take there Gen5 to the plant in GA and get one for me even if they don’t need one? I’ll hook you up with some good parts!
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder why they do the things they do with parts. Maybe they are having issues with them and are perfecting the design. Or maybe they only have them for the M series. Anyone willing to take there Gen5 to the plant in GA and get one for me even if they don’t need one? I’ll hook you up with some good parts!
View Quote
Can someone just try the handful of cash technique and see if that works down there?

Walk in and scream "Take my monies!"
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry, I'll look today.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Normally they give you a sheet with the part number installed. I’ve been there once when they came out with the new Gen4 ejector to fix BTF. This was back in 2011. They were still experimental and didn’t even have a part number stamp. I wish I still lived close to GA!
View Quote
Thanks for the tip about the paperwork - I didn't have the pistol handy, but I do have the paperwork on my workbench.

Looking at the paperwork from Glock now, the part number and description are:

Part #: 33797
Description: Slide stop lever AMBI 1 (extended) assembled

Edit:  Went ahead and pulled out the pistol and took a pic of the numbers too.  Aaaand of course they don't match the paperwork.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's a copy of the paperwork from when I went over.  Can only attach one file per message, so had to do a second reply for this:

Edit:  Ugh, arfcom scales the image down too much to be clearly read, so here it is re-hosted in imgur.

-bob
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Bob I figured I’d give photobucket a shot! According to Glock they are UNOBTAINIUM! We don't have them available yet LOL!

Gen5 Extended AMBI PART NUMBER 33797

Here is the standard Gen5 AMBI PART NUMBER 33854 Glock order form says PART NUMBER 33989?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bob I figured I’d give photobucket a shot! According to Glock they are UNOBTAINIUM! We don't have them available yet LOL!

Gen5 Extended AMBI PART NUMBER 33797
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/tom051876/F4776A13-67F1-48B1-A871-220715088C3E_zpshx0xvrwk.png

Here is the standard Gen5 AMBI PART NUMBER 33854
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/tom051876/646E2FB0-7066-415C-9F0E-1F65F7E8A88B_zpsqyajyjpq.jpg
View Quote
Thank's.

Called again.

Internal item only.

Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]

My G19.5 wants to be like you when he grows up Mr. G19M

Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mean dude, downright mean.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting that that part isn't in the armorers order form yet.....
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don’t know why Glock keeping them locked up. Only way to get one is to have a armorer at the factory install it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don’t know why Glock keeping them locked up. Only way to get one is to have a armorer at the factory install it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I called Glock, the rep on the phone said they were only available to armorers outside of Glock.

If anyone is an armorer, you should call and see if you can order them using the part number.

I forgot to mention that detail.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

When I called Glock, the rep on the phone said they were only available to armorers outside of Glock.

If anyone is an armorer, you should call and see if you can order them using the part number.

View Quote
Lol I’m a armorer and they told me they are not available.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, not surprising
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top