Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

G19 in the SF communities. (Page 36 of 37)
Page / 37
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Had to replace some worn parts on this seasoned Mk27 Mod 0.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0949_jpeg-3201917.JPG
View Quote

That barrel has seen some rounds.
I’m impressed.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By naes:

I’m impressed.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By naes:
Had to replace some worn parts on this seasoned Mk27 Mod 0.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0949_jpeg-3201917.JPG

I’m impressed.  

I have a G19 of similar vintage that ran competitions and courses for years, along with EDC, probably with a similar round count but gentler life in the holster and less of a diet of fine grit. I am amazed at the lack of parts breakage, the barrel's accuracy has not degraded to the point that I can tell, and the amount of cheese that can build up in the mechanisms (firing pin channel, extractor recesses, etc.) and it simply doesn't care. I even ran it one year of matches, courses, qualifications, and EDC without cleaning the interior (just wipe down exterior, inspect parts, shake sand out) and nothing.

Which brings me to the question of when that SAS guy went into this cave in Afghanistan and ended up having to knife some Tali because his G19 "failed" makes me wonder what actually happened to that pistol - mainly so I can make adjust preventive maintenance on mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Echoing what others have said...fascinating thread that has me searching and reaching for my wallet.

Thanks for the insight and mad knowledge, special thanks to those veterans who contribute.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wyominer:

Nice 17 and a 47
View All Quotes

Nice 17 and a 47
Good observation on the 47.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]

CD, is there any sort of round interval at which these guns mandatorily come to you for service?  Or is it more of a “when they act funny” sort of thing? If the former, how are round counts being tracked? Thanks again for your contributions to this thread!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#7]
Originally Posted By Parabellum226:

CD, is there any sort of round interval at which these guns mandatorily come to you for service?  Or is it more of a “when they act funny” sort of thing? If the former, how are round counts being tracked? Thanks again for your contributions to this thread!
View Quote

Guns are subject to Quarterly/Semi Annual/Annual inspections.  No round count unless cannon tubes.  If guns have any issues they bring them in.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]

You have any history or linage on the usage of that nsa holster?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Guns are subject to Quarterly/Semi Annual/Annual inspections.  No round count unless cannon tubes.  If guns have any issues they bring them in.
View All Quotes

Is there a specific life cycle on a Glock?  As in they get replaced at X years, Y rounds, or similar?

What usually drives replacement of the pistol?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FedDC:

Is there a specific life cycle on a Glock?  As in they get replaced at X years, Y rounds, or similar?

What usually drives replacement of the pistol?
View Quote

Not that I've seen.  Replacement is the gun is no longer repairable or replaced by another new model.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 12:43:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#13]
I just need some tan mags now

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

https://i.imgur.com/eCmDw22.jpeg
View Quote

Lookin good!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Dumb question of mine but what holsters are typically ran with the SF glocks. From the photos is seems like quite a few of CD’s holsters, older safariland DO’s and some one off personal purchases. It seems like any safariland ones out there are only the als and dont have hoods either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: topshoppa] [#16]
Attachment Attached File

My Mk27 Mod 2 with an SU-291 and LH barrel. Still need to track down a USA G19 Gen 4 but I'm happy with this so far.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Admral_Ben:
Dumb question of mine but what holsters are typically ran with the SF glocks. From the photos is seems like quite a few of CD’s holsters, older safariland DO’s and some one off personal purchases. It seems like any safariland ones out there are only the als and dont have hoods either.
View Quote

Safariland is the only issued holster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Somebody went to Centrifuge…
View All Quotes

Don’t tell Mike Pannone
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Don’t tell Mike Pannone
View All Quotes

Don’t tell Mike Pannone

Yeah...I don't get the dislike.  VCQB is valid.  Its specific to certain scenarios...but its valid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

https://i.imgur.com/eCmDw22.jpeg
View Quote
Kensight?  Sure looks like one.  I didn't know they made them for Glocks.  My wallet is running from me......
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S-1] [#22]

Yeah...I don't get the dislike.  VCQB is valid.  Its specific to certain scenarios...but its valid.
View All Quotes

Don’t tell Mike Pannone

Him and Pranka bash Centrifuge a lot. It seems to me that they have problems with people who run more successful businesses.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Kensight?  Sure looks like one.  I didn't know they made them for Glocks.  My wallet is running from me......
View Quote

Dawson
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I’ve been to a few different Centrifuge classes.  HRVS instructor, RDS instructor, VCQB.  And then their materials creation class. I’ve enjoyed all of them and learned lots of new and good stuff at each class. I didn’t  know Pannone wasn’t a fan.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By S-1:

Him and Pranka bash Centrifuge a lot. It seems to me that they have problems with people who run more successful businesses.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By S-1:

Don’t tell Mike Pannone

Mike is a good dude.  Pranka is an egotistical D.  I respect his achievements and skills...but he's as much ego as he is hard skills and that isn't good when it comes to evaluating techniques and gear.  

Either way, I am a VCQB certified instructor.  Its absolutely realistic and valid for people who work around cars in the kinetic/gunfight sense.  The ballistic demo alone is something we should all see to understand how bullets do and don't penetrate vehicles.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 12:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCPatrolAR] [#26]

Mike is a good dude.  Pranka is an egotistical D.  I respect his achievements and skills...but he's as much ego as he is hard skills and that isn't good when it comes to evaluating techniques and gear.  

Either way, I am a VCQB certified instructor.  Its absolutely realistic and valid for people who work around cars in the kinetic/gunfight sense.  The ballistic demo alone is something we should all see to understand how bullets do and don't penetrate vehicles.  

View Quote

Do you have to do that awkward lean your upper body way back while having your lower body in a karate kid style front stance or is that optional?
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Back on topic  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/29/2024 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Green beret's kit

Close up of the Glock 19

Pretty sure it matches this picture Surefire posted a while back
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 5:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#29]
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAtlas:
Green beret's kit
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVBA3UJXwAAHJt1?format=jpg&name=medium
Close up of the Glock 19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB-2Iq0XsAAPPRu?format=jpg&name=360x360
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB-2IeDWEAAey5N?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
Yeah he has a had a few pictures of his setups and I believe he went onto work for surefire. Not sure if that is accurate though but he is sometimes called the "Rolex guy".

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/1/2024 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Who doesn't love when a Green Beret does marketing
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve cloned a few rifles but this thread has got me pretty excited to try something new. Never been very versed in handguns but my CCW is a 43x or a 23. It would be cool’s to clone a 19 and carry it now and then.

I’ve tried to pick through this thread the best I can but a have a couple questions.

All 19 gen 4s in use have been US made, correct?

It looks like the RMR is much more widely used than the DPP but looks like a few pics here and there. What sights are typically used in conjunction with the 19 and DPP? Rear sight has to go in front of the DPP?  I can get DPPs pretty affordable through work so kind of leaning towards them. But may go to an RMR.

Any other reference pics of 19s with the DPP?
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 7:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#32]
Originally Posted By Ridger:
I've cloned a few rifles but this thread has got me pretty excited to try something new. Never been very versed in handguns but my CCW is a 43x or a 23. It would be cool's to clone a 19 and carry it now and then.

I've tried to pick through this thread the best I can but a have a couple questions.

It looks like the RMR is much more widely used than the DPP but looks like a few pics here and there. What sights are typically used in conjunction with the 19 and DPP? Rear sight has to go in front of the DPP?  I can get DPPs pretty affordable through work so kind of leaning towards them. But may go to an RMR.

View Quote
The Mk27 Mod 2s (19.4 MOS) are made in the US.

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 9:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum226] [#33]
I’ve cloned a few rifles but this thread has got me pretty excited to try something new. Never been very versed in handguns but my CCW is a 43x or a 23. It would be cool’s to clone a 19 and carry it now and then.

I’ve tried to pick through this thread the best I can but a have a couple questions.

View Quote

The DPP one pictured in the above posts with the fde surefire is not a full MK27.... it looks like a custom milled ATEI Deltapoint slide (in at least one photo it looks like an ATOM slide was used).

The MK27s/19s that are optic-ready are regular MOS Glocks.

The JSOC Glock 17s are factory milled for a DPP.

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#34]

The DPP one pictured in the above posts with the fde surefire is not a full MK27.... it looks like a custom milled ATEI Deltapoint slide (in at least one photo it looks like an ATOM slide was used).

The MK27s/19s that are optic-ready are regular MOS Glocks.

The JSOC Glock 17s are factory milled for a DPP.

View Quote

Ah yes, I was so focused on the sight configuration I didn’t even notice the front slide serrations. It seems like from a clone perspective with a 19 you are much better off with an RMR. Not coming up with much reference material for the DPP.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#35]

Ah yes, I was so focused on the sight configuration I didn't even notice the front slide serrations. It seems like from a clone perspective with a 19 you are much better off with an RMR. Not coming up with much reference material for the DPP.
View Quote
When they use DDPs on the mk27s they generally do not put the require irons on them also. However, I have seen a SEALs MK27 mod 2 with a DPP and Dawson front sight.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAtlas:
Green beret's kit
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVBA3UJXwAAHJt1?format=jpg&name=medium
Close up of the Glock 19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB-2Iq0XsAAPPRu?format=jpg&name=360x360
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB-2IeDWEAAey5N?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

What is in front of the optic? Rear iron sight? Or something to protect the optic?
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By green_bullet:

What is in front of the optic? Rear iron sight? Or something to protect the optic?
View Quote

It's a dawson rear sight. They're really tall.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
The Mk27 Mod 2s (19.4 MOS) are made in the US.

View Quote

Majority of SOCOM are Mk27 Mod 1 (19.3 MOS)
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 8:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridger] [#39]

Majority of SOCOM are Mk27 Mod 1 (19.3 MOS)
View Quote

Did mod 1s get new barrels/upgraded to Mod 2s? Or are mod 2s strictly Gen 4’s?
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 9:48:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pilatuspilot] [#40]
I didn’t know Glock factory threaded barrels were uncommon. I bought a couple each G19, G21, G22, and G23 threaded barrels direct from Glock ten or 15 years back.

Also my SF G22 clone was about the easiest and cheapest clone I’ve ever done. Coincidentally had a nearly identical setup on a gen 3 G35 from when I had time to shoot very uncompetitively. Just swapped the sights and magwell over to an extra G22. I just wish I could get an AAC Evo 40. I had a WTB in the EE for years but no bites. I guess this thread is the reason. In the mean time my Omega 45k does just fine.

ETA: I bought a Gen 5 G19 a few weeks back that came with a Gen 19 factory threaded barrel (metric like god intended European pistols to be.) I need to compare the markings to my older Gen 3 OEM metric barrels when I get up to my camp in a couple weeks. It’s is one of the B&T custom cut guns with an Acro on top.

Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#41]

Did mod 1s get new barrmels/upgraded to Mod 2s? Or are mod 2s strictly Gen 4's?
View Quote

The Mod 1s are Gen 3 19 MOSs that were made in Austria and command a premium when they show up on the civilian market. These are most commonly used by USASOC. The Mod 2s are Gen 4 19 MOSs and are made in the USA. These are found with both threaded and regular barrels and are commonly seen with MARSOS, NSW and AFSCOC. The type of barrel does not affect the designation.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#42]

The Mod 1s are Gen 3 19 MOS that were made in Austria and command a premium when they show up on the civilian market. These are most commonly used by USASOC. The Mod 2s are Gen 4 19 MOS and are made in the USA. These are found with both threaded and regular barrels and are commonly seen with MARSOS, NSW and AFSCOC. The type of barrel does not affect the designation.
View Quote

Ok great. Makes sense. I was thinking it may be like the sopmod program where upgrade/blocks progressed a platform. Thanks for helping out with the stupid questions.

When it comes to cloning, what keeps a guy from buying a gen 3 and having someone mill for the RMR?

Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Ok great. Makes sense. I was thinking it may be like the sopmod program where upgrade/blocks progressed a platform. Thanks for helping out with the stupid questions.

When it comes to cloning, what keeps a guy from buying a gen 3 and having someone mill for the RMR?

View Quote
No one can mill the MOS cut.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#44]
JagerWerks and LTT are doing MOS cuts for Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#45]
No one can mill the MOS cut.
View Quote

At the risk of thread drifting or whatever is it a matter that no one will? Seems like any reputable shop could. I’ve only ever had slides cut specifically for Trijicon and Aimpoint but I would consider MOS cuts on a couple of my older guns so that I could use FCD plates to mount future Trijicon and Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
View Quote

Thank you. And I have sentimental Gen 2 G19 and Gen 3 G22 that also thank you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 11:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChemTrailZ] [#47]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
View Quote

No they aren’t, they have an mos “footprint” but it does not match a factory mos since they move the rear sight to the front of the optic
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:

Thank you. And I have sentimental Gen 2 G19 and Gen 3 G22 that also thank you.
View Quote

@pilatuspilot it’s not possible to clone a gen 3 mos because the rear sight dovetail on the mos models is further back.  If you found someone willing to weld the dovetail, and recut it then you could have jagwerks or whoever clone the mos cut
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ChemTrailZ:

No they aren’t, they have an mos “footprint” but it does not match a factory mos since they move the rear sight to the front of the optic
View Quote

I know we’re moving further from the point of this thread but I take that to mean it’s technically different but not functionally different?
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ChemTrailZ:

@pilatuspilot it’s not possible to clone a gen 3 mos because the rear sight dovetail on the mos models is further back.  If you found someone willing to weld the dovetail, and recut it then you could have jagwerks or whoever clone the mos cut
View Quote

Responded while you were responding. I get it now. For my purposes the clones are cool but not my goal. Doing MOS cuts on some of my non-mos guns would be nice even if not correct in the scope of this thread.

I’ll still hunt for factory Gen 4 and Gen 3 MOS 19.
Page / 37
G19 in the SF communities. (Page 36 of 37)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top