User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kokodude:

Funny you mention that.
When I drop the slide the first round doesn't load as forcefully as does my other Glocks.
I always check to make sure the slide is in battery.
The recoil spring doesn't need tension to fit it onto the barrel when assembling (no need to squeeze it in place).
Seems to be a bit too loose for my liking.
Once the slide is back on and racked, it seems to work fine.
I figured this was because the recoil spring for 380 didn't need as much tension.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kokodude:
Originally Posted By craig24680:
I had one years ago

Functioned fine except loading the first round with Hornady critical defense

Couldn't trust it so sold it

Have a Ruger LCP Max for now

But would like to try another one

Funny you mention that.
When I drop the slide the first round doesn't load as forcefully as does my other Glocks.
I always check to make sure the slide is in battery.
The recoil spring doesn't need tension to fit it onto the barrel when assembling (no need to squeeze it in place).
Seems to be a bit too loose for my liking.
Once the slide is back on and racked, it seems to work fine.
I figured this was because the recoil spring for 380 didn't need as much tension.

Exactly my experience

I don't recall if slingshot fully seated or acted the same as slide release
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:36:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#2]
Yesterday I purchased a Rounded Gear (Concealment Express) kydex IWB holster from a local shop for considerably less than what I would have paid online.

My OTD price: $32

Online: $42 + tax and shipping

I've been wanting to purchase one of their holsters for some time. Very nice workmanship.

Excellent (adjustable retention)
Full sweat guard
Full purchase (firing grip)
Magazine release button is half covered on both sides (for me that's a feature I really like to have).
Cant is adjustable from -5 to +20 degrees (I set mine at about -3 for AIWB)
No sharp edges anywhere

While the holster doesn't have a claw one is available from Rounded or I might buy one from a holster parts supply vendor (for less).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I rarely leave home without my G42.  I can’t stand Glocks in general but this pistol won me over very quickly.  It shoots so well and conceals super easily.  I normally carry the Hornady XTP, otherwise occasionally the Speer Gold Dot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 42 I bought for running with when they first came out years ago, 2015?, it jammed a lot the first few days. At the time I had a good amount of disposable $s so I just went back and bought a 43, never shot the 42 since.
I’ve always thought it would be fun to have in my rotation if it was reliable, and just started a job in a warehouse where I want to carry, against company policy, so had just got it back out a few days ago. I’d like to figure out if it was just an ammo issue or something else. If I recall when they first came out they had spring issues?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SVA1:
I have a 42 I bought for running with when they first came out years ago, 2015?, it jammed a lot the first few days. At the time I had a good amount of disposable $s so I just went back and bought a 43, never shot the 42 since.
I’ve always thought it would be fun to have in my rotation if it was reliable, and just started a job in a warehouse where I want to carry, against company policy, so had just got it back out a few days ago. I’d like to figure out if it was just an ammo issue or something else. If I recall when they first came out they had spring issues?
View Quote

I bought mine on 9/22/14; almost ten years ago to the day (time flies!).

At any rate, the issue you mentioned was premature slide lock back on a partially expended mag.  Mine never had any jamming issues such as: FFT or FTE.
But it did have the slide locking back problem on partially emptied magazines.
I sent it in to Glock and they swapped the slide lock and they also had to redesign the magazines.  Both the magazine body and the follower were redesigned (the issue was cartridges engaging the mag release when the mag spring forced them up against the mag feed lips).  They sent me the new design magazines in exchange for my OEM mags (5 of them).
My G42 has run reliably ever since and I have carried it a good bit when I want pocket carry, deep concealment or when using a fanny pack while running.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 5:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Teller_Ulam] [#6]
I never paid much attention to the slim glocks, mostly due to the capacity. On a whim I picked up a like new G42 at a local pawn for 350. I am so glad I did! It is such a sweet shooter. Minimal recoil and it's incredibly accurate for still having the plastic oem sights. Just a pleasure to shoot. I ordered a bunch of mags, a case of S&B ammo, a few boxes of Hornady Critical Defense and a set of XS sights. I also ordered a Mag Guts spring and follower to try out. I think this will be my new pocket/center console pistol. Love it!
Also got a Raven Vanguard on the way, just for kicks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I just spent my GSSF blue label coupon a week or so ago.

It’s nice having a 42 again. I regretfully sold it to buy a 43 years ago.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
They're little pip-squeeks to shoot and very flat shooting. I love mine and it runs like a top. I wish they could make something the size of the new S&W Bodyguard 2 and with the same capacity.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot it in GSSF Indoor matches. I have shot a 250 with it. I carry it in low risk environments and as a back up gun. Very easy to shoot well. I do not like 380 ACP but with modern ammunition, it should do the job.

Link Posted: 10/1/2024 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't want to hijack this thread, but what sights are you using. I want something to replace the original sights.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 2:19:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#11]
Originally Posted By Reddtv:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but what sights are you using. I want something to replace the original sights.

Thanks
View Quote

I use Ameriglo not sure there's much of a difference with other makers.... perhaps others know more than I...
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I carry a G42 as a deep concealment or backup gun,

My carry mags use either a MagGuts +1 follower/spring or a Vivkers +2 extension.  Both setups have been extremely reliable.

I carry Underwood “standard pressure” 100 gr poly-coated hardcast ammo.   I want to insure sufficient penetration, and this load roll absolutely penetrate.

I swapped the factory Glock OEM sights with an Ameriglo set.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a Night Fision big orange front dot with oem rear.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Yesterday I purchased a Rounded Gear (Concealment Express) kydex IWB holster from a local shop for considerably less than what I would have paid online.

My OTD price: $32

Online: $42 + tax and shipping

I've been wanting to purchase one of their holsters for some time. Very nice workmanship.

Excellent (adjustable retention)
Full sweat guard
Full purchase (firing grip)
Magazine release button is half covered on both sides (for me that's a feature I really like to have).
Cant is adjustable from -5 to +20 degrees (I set mine at about -3 for AIWB)
No sharp edges anywhere

While the holster doesn't have a claw one is available from Rounded or I might buy one from a holster parts supply vendor (for less).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/189022/Screenshot_2024-07-26_5_34_16_AM_png-3277235.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/189022/Screenshot_2024-07-26_5_34_55_AM_png-3277236.JPG
View Quote

Very nice!
I went with a DeSantis Superfly for pocket carry, and a Vedder LightTuck for IWB.
Also replaced the factory sights with Ameriglo night sights.
Added some cheap mag extensions which work great https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T9YTYTF

Link Posted: 10/1/2024 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#15]
No 42 here . But I Really like my g43
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:48:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: diestone] [#16]
Originally Posted By Reddtv:

Thanks
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Night Fision Costa Ludus

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top