Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 2:56:25 AM EDT
Anybody have seen this X5 model or owns one or know somebody who got one? It's like a sport version of a P226, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It's just a shorter X5 level 1.  I realy do not see the point of it?  It will still be too heavy to carry.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Eckernforde is the way to go on all your handguns . Pick the features . You cannot compare these to other Sigs as these are custom pistols hand fitted and made. Other Sigs are production pistols.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I agree, better off with the one's made in Germany then gamble with the one made in Exeter, nevermind the high price tag! Well, I just paid a 90% payment to my dealer earlier for it and will be getting it this weekend. Let's see what is in store for me?:)
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
This page has the good click on photo––
http://www.sauer-waffen.de/index.php?id=691&lang=en
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Ohhh, the agony of waiting! My dealer told me I'll have it next Monday or Tuesday, dayummm!
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I want a X6 with a tac rail

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The Black &White x-6 looks perfect.
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I think all of the X-series from Sig are beauties:)
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Just to get you worked up even more, here's a pic of my Grey Guns worked X-5 L1

Link Posted: 11/7/2009 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Beautiful! How's the Nill grips, thickness, overall circumference? I'm thinking of replacing the beachwood laminated one's on my short & smart?
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#11]
After a month of waiting I thought I'll bring home my X5 Short & Smart earlier, but the owner of the gun store whom I already purchased 3 pistols already since last July of this year that went fine, got confused and what I got instead was the X5 Short. It's the one with the extended ported barrel, DA/SA, skeletonized trigger and hammer. I could have got it with the price of the Short & Smart w/c is $200 less, but it's not what I have in mind. The truth came in that the X5 S&S is coming in next year. Though I felt like my world crashed during that moment, at least I got the chance and had an idea what it feels like holding an X5, the grip feels superb even w/the Nill grips on, the SA pull is excellent, but the DA pull is horrible! The agony of waiting 3-4 months will be a task I should manage, for such an amazing firearm
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Too bad it didnt arrive. I would have taken the Short as it has better sights, is ported , and the trigger on that will be amazing when it gets about 300 rds. on it. Also the SCT grips can be modified to fit and the 20 rd sct mags are made for that grip.Although the +2 mags can be re-shaped to fit the 5 mag well I am told;  I think the cheaper MecGar mags are better as they have attached followers. I am not sure what they are doing currently on x-5 mags on the new models. It all a matter of what one wants personally and everyone is different.
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#13]
But I would also want to carry occassionaly the X5 S&S if ever, and I can't do that w/the ported barrel on the X5 Short. Also I don't think the weight of the X5's Short models are that heavy, I'm satisfied w/it's weight:)
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But I would also want to carry occassionaly the X5 S&S if ever, and I can't do that w/the ported barrel on the X5 Short. Also I don't think the weight of the X5's Short models are that heavy, I'm satisfied w/it's weight:)

That thing would be a brick to carry.  Holding it, and it strapped to your hip for hours are two totally different things.
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I dont think Sig has the weight listed correct on the S/S model. It probably weighs less than an Elite Stainless or about 1/2 lb heavier that a regular p226.Minus a little. The problem is when you add 20 rds and mag, then they get heavy. The  plus is they will shoot forever and stay tight. I always believed that H&K were made to carry and Sigs were made to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/11/2009 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]
The X5 Short weighs 2.6lbs, so considering the extended ported barrel, decocker, target sights and some internal parts, I guess the S&S plays around the 2.6lbs area too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I was reading this thread and wondering what the big deal is.  Then I did a google for an image of a P226 X5 Short & Smart, and now I know what the big deal is.  I really love Single Action Only handguns.  I have a 1911, P220 SAO, and my CZ's aren't SAO, but they do have the Locked and Cocked feature (good enough).  I've always wanted a Sig P226, but the DA/SA thing, isn't my thing.  Now that I've seen a P226 X5 Short & Smart, I've got to have one.  The problem being, is that I'm broke, and don't see that changing anytime soon.  I wish they made a P226 SAO.  I wonder if there is a way to convert a P226 to SAO.

Link Posted: 11/13/2009 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Here is the description of the X5 S&S  my only question is highlighted in red below????:

The P226 X-Five platform, shortened to the length of a standard P226, with custom laminate wood grip plates.

Features:

- 9mm
- Shortened X5 stainless frame
- Stainless slide with contrast sights why contrast sites on a $2500 gun?
- 4.4” barrel
- Adjustable single action trigger
- Magwell
- Laminate green beechwood grip plates
- 19 round magazines (2)

Link Posted: 11/13/2009 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I already got the chance to hold the X5's, a L1, lightweight and Short models, and the grips are excellent, very good ergonomics, considering it has nill wood grips on, it's just melt in your hands! I just can't wait for my S&S to arrive next month, I'll post pics once I get them:)
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here is the description of the X5 S&S  my only question is highlighted in red below????:

The P226 X-Five platform, shortened to the length of a standard P226, with custom laminate wood grip plates.

Features:

- 9mm
- Shortened X5 stainless frame
- Stainless slide with contrast sights why contrast sites on a $2500 gun?
- 4.4” barrel
- Adjustable single action trigger
- Magwell
- Laminate green beechwood grip plates
- 19 round magazines (2)

What kind of sights would you expect to see??
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What kind of sights would you expect to see??

At the least some Night Sites
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#23]
The X5's are designed for sports shooting, so mostly they have the target all black sights and contrast sights, I don't know with the X5 tactical model Though I find the Short & Smart version carryable in some occassion, I don't think I'll have problems with the stock contrast sights, as it was always been Sig's design, like the one's on the P228's. And one more thing, my dealer let me dryfire the X5 L1 this morning, it has the same adjustable SAO trigger on my S&S, and WOW! Though it's not designed/positioned like the SA on a custom 1911's and HK Match trigger, word's can't described how the trigger pulls feels like! All I can say is, it's a TOTALLY different trigger system, way,way way, awesome, dayummm!
Link Posted: 11/14/2009 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#24]
This is off topic somewhat but a good read––––––––––––
http://www.gunblast.com/Cumpston-SIG226.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top