Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2011 1:53:43 AM EDT
I haven't seen any in my area, but I was wondering if somebody is still making those alloy "grippers" (???)  that fit on the outside of the grip and in between the rear trigger guard?

I have a couple of J frame revolvers, as well a Model 10 revolver that I would like to these grippers since I tend to like a more fuller gripping surface.

Thanks for looking!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Tyler T-grips?

They make them for J, K/L and N frames. However, they are out of business for all practical purposes. I had to resort to a WTB ad in the EE to find one for my J Frame.

A quick google shows up BK Grips, which is a similar design, though I have never heard of them. They appear to have adapters for J and K frames only.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 2:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]

I would suggest strongly against ordering from them at this time.

Link Posted: 10/8/2011 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Tyler is back in business and currently filling backorders under new ownership. There's a huge thread on the S&W forum about this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
from what I understand the original owner of the company dies or something and whoever initially took over was screwing the pooch on customer service.
I can't imagine ordering and buying them at the current prices. Just about every gun shop I go into that has been around since the 1970's usually has a box of these things used from back when just about everyone was using wheel guns- I just sort through what they have and usualy buy them for 5 or 10 bucks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top