Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2009 11:09:08 AM EDT
I doubt there is a product out there for what im looking for but i'll give it a try.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a boot or leg holster for a 5'' Springfield .45 Loaded?

The reason being is that im in college so I cant just go buy another gun for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a lot of pistol for ankle/boot carry. Bell-bottoms back in style right. Check Galco, Desantis, etc, might have one for the 3" that is open at the muzzle. Use an ace bandage to see if it'll even work first. What kind of boots?
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's a lot of pistol for ankle/boot carry. Bell-bottoms back in style right. Check Galco, Desantis, etc, might have one for the 3" that is open at the muzzle. Use an ace bandage to see if it'll even work first. What kind of boots?

Haha. Well It will fit. that I know and thats with regular wranglers. I just wear Tony Llamas, dont even own a pair of shoes. I dont care about feel or style, just something that will work.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I carried a .32 derringer and a NAA .22 in my boots. I used the IWB holsters clipped to the top of the boots but you're dealing w/ a lot more weight. You could attach the holster to the inside of the boot at the correct angle to keep it from pivoting(glue, sew,velcro, etc) Ace makes some in-expensive IWB holsters that the pistol sits very low in so as not to be top heavy. Time to get creative, I assume you don't want to trade it for something smaller, good luck.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a piece of advice from someone who's carried a gun in just about every conceivable position on the human body.  If you have to walk more than 50 yards at a time, you will NOT be happy with a heavy gun on your ankle or in your boot unless it's strapped very tightly and held up off the ankle bone.  You'd be shocked the damage that a gun, specially a heavy one, will do to your ankle bone bouncing up and down as you walk.  Even with good holster and good support, I wouldn't want to do much walking with a 40 oz pistol strapped to my ankle.  And let's not even talk about running.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I had some work done to one of my boots that you might be interested in.  I paid $50 for the work.

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=107245

Boot Gun:

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Way more gun than I would want in an ankle rig.  Not saying it can't be done, but I doubt you'll like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top