BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BM1455:
Kinda want. Love my 380 S&W one. Never had any problem with it since the first round FTE'd. Thousands of rounds through it so far.
The .32 would be fun IMO. Would probably get the stainless one if I get one.
What's a good factory and available round for these? Never had a .32 before.
View Quote

Get some PPU fmj. It's loaded pretty warm.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:

I have been shooting 32 in PPK's for over 30 years and the ball ammo is ok. I have had some success with the Fiocchi with a soft nosed hollow point. I can't recall the name of it off the top of my head. I have had feed issues in other PPK's shooting the flat nose bullets. Not a lot of issues but enough I won't carry it. These are the reason why I went with the monolithic ammunition. If i can get the reliability of the ball and a bit better performance, why not run that ammo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:
I’ve not seen a 32 test of the screwdriver bullet in ordinance gel. Lots in clear gel. Consensus has pretty much always been that FMJ works. It’s also half the cost of the screwdriver bullets to get FMJ 32 ammo. Or for less then underwood you could get 32acp flat nose hard cast from Buffalo Bore if you were so inclined.

I have been shooting 32 in PPK's for over 30 years and the ball ammo is ok. I have had some success with the Fiocchi with a soft nosed hollow point. I can't recall the name of it off the top of my head. I have had feed issues in other PPK's shooting the flat nose bullets. Not a lot of issues but enough I won't carry it. These are the reason why I went with the monolithic ammunition. If i can get the reliability of the ball and a bit better performance, why not run that ammo.

I certainly wouldn’t run anything unreliable if that’s the case with the flat nose I’d avoid it as you have. I had poor performance with flat nose fmj in my tomcat. As for the monolithic it begs the question as to if it’s a better performing bullet or is it something that simply plays on the properties of gel to appear better. We may never know and I hope none of us have to find out I just wish there were some good tests in organic gel. With any luck maybe since there bringing out things that perform well in 380 we will eventually get more in 32
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

What's the difference between them? I'd like to get one myself.
View Quote

The PPK/s has a slightly longer grip length and holds one more round.  Essentially it's a PP frame with a PPK slide and barrel.

The PPK has a shorter grip, holds one round less, and the grip panels wrap around the back strap.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never owned a .32ACP.   I'd be temped by a PPK.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:57:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#5]
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
View Quote

You should get one. The 32 for all its faults is a wonderful round to shoot, especially in this platform I find.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:39:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#6]
Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
View Quote
Honestly, though the PPK is more concealable, to an extent; the PP is much more shootable.  If I picked up a new one, I would go with the PPK/S variant.  This would seem to be the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM1455] [#7]
Not sure about the "warmer" PPU FMJ ammo but +P is probably not a good idea. I know my S&W .380 PPK said not to use +P and if you did it voided the warrantee. These older gun designs were not designed to handle that I would guess.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BlitzPig:

The PPK/s has a slightly longer grip length and holds one more round.  Essentially it's a PP frame with a PPK slide and barrel.

The PPK has a shorter grip, holds one round less, and the grip panels wrap around the back strap.
View All Quotes

Thanks. Did some research last night. Think I'm gonna get the stainless 32 PPKS.
My nephew just bought the black ppks in 380 lol.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m glad I just saw this. I didn’t know that a new 32 was being made. I’m especially interested in a version of the Walther after my disappointment in handling the new Beretta revamped 32. Thanks guys for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Thanks. Did some research last night. Think I'm gonna get the stainless 32 PPKS.
View All Quotes

I lieu of a PP in .32...I think you will really like the PPK/S
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BM1455:
Not sure about the "warmer" PPU FMJ ammo but +P is probably not a good idea. I know my S&W .380 PPK said not to use +P and if you did it voided the warrantee. These older gun designs were not designed to handle that I would guess.
View Quote

The current manual says +P+ is a no go but +P might cause premature wear. The same thing every other manufacturer says. It does not expressly say it is prohibited.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
What have people been paying for the new .32 PPK/PPKS?  
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Still haven't seen a SINGLE new PPK (NOT PPK/s) in .32ACP on Gunbroker - or anywhere else ready to purchase for that matter.

I am talking about new production ones
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BlitzPig:  Well, I caved and ordered a new PPK in .32.  What the hell, you only live once, and I've wanted a PPK for a long time.

Pics, etc, when I get the thing.

luv_the_huskers brings up an important point about the PP series.  Historically they can be fussy about ammo, even ball.  My above pictured PP chokes on ANY of the US made brands, and runs flawlessly on the S&B ball ammo.  I have heard that these new Ft. Smith versions are less averse to ammo types and can actually cycle hollow points reliably.  I have several brands/types I will test with and try to verify this.
View Quote

What are you shooting w/ hollowpoints in .32 ACP?
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

What are you shooting w/ hollowpoints in .32 ACP?
View Quote

Not for self defense use, only ball for that because of better penetration.  I purchased a case of the PPU 71gr. JHPs some time ago because that was all I could get at the time.  They make nice holes in paper targets, much like a wadcutter.

As for price, I ordered from Grab A Gun, asked for a "Grab A Quote" and they knocked $90 off their web site price, so $808, plus tax and shipping.  Got a note from them that it shipped today.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#16]
Originally Posted By Solo_:
Still haven't seen a SINGLE new PPK (NOT PPK/s) in .32ACP on Gunbroker - or anywhere else ready to purchase for that matter.

I am talking about new production ones
View Quote

@Solo

Here you go

Mine came from GunZoneDeals.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Buckeye33:
I’m glad I just saw this. I didn’t know that a new 32 was being made. I’m especially interested in a version of the Walther after my disappointment in handling the new Beretta revamped 32. Thanks guys for the heads up.
View Quote

What didn't you like about it? I was thinking of getting one because I love the 80 series guns. I have them in 32 and 380.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
View All Quotes

I think so too. I like the larger grip frame.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#19]

What didn't you like about it? I was thinking of getting one because I love the 80 series guns. I have them in 32 and 380.
View All Quotes

To sum it up, it just did not fit my hand at all. I’ve owned and shot the 22,25,and 32 in the previous generation and liked them. The new one just feels off and the new beaver tail was horrendous. I wear a medium size glove and was very disappointed at how much it felt like the dimensions were wrong. I too am a fan of the 80 series Beretta pistols especially in 32.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#20]

To sum it up, it just did not fit my hand at all. I’ve owned and shot the 22,25,and 32 in the previous generation and liked them. The new one just feels off and the new beaver tail was horrendous. I wear a medium size glove and was very disappointed at how much it felt like the dimensions were wrong. I too am a fan of the 80 series Beretta pistols especially in 32.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I was looking at them online and was thinking of ordering one. I guess I'll see how it feels in my hand first.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:57:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#21]

Thanks for the info. I was looking at them online and was thinking of ordering one. I guess I'll see how it feels in my hand first.
View All Quotes

To sum it up, it just did not fit my hand at all. I've owned and shot the 22,25,and 32 in the previous generation and liked them. The new one just feels off and the new beaver tail was horrendous. I wear a medium size glove and was very disappointed at how much it felt like the dimensions were wrong. I too am a fan of the 80 series Beretta pistols especially in 32.

As a counter point to Buckeye on the new  Beretta; I thought the new 80X was a hideous looking gun (and I still do) BUT when checking one out at a local shop, I found it VERY comfortable.  I just couldn't find it in me to purchase something so ugly.  

I am curious to see if you find it comfortable or not.

Speaking of which; I wonder if any custom smiths out there will offer bobtail cutting for the grotesque beaver tail on the new Walthers.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#22]

@Solo

Here you go

Mine came from GunZoneDeals.
View Quote
SheeeeIT thanks brother
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#23]
@raygixxer89, are you talking about the 80X which is only available in .380 or the new 30X Bobcat which is the .32acp pistol?
I looked at the 30X at a local FFL and while I feel it is an improvement on the old model Bobcats, could not justify it's price point, and I initially wanted one, a thought that was vaporized by the release of the PPK in .32.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#24]

As a counter point to Buckeye on the new  Beretta; I thought the new 80X was a hideous looking gun (and I still do) BUT when checking one out at a local shop, I found it VERY comfortable.  I just couldn't find it in me to purchase something so ugly.  

Speaking of which; I wonder if any custom smiths out there will offer bobtail cutting for the grotesque beaver tail on the new Walthers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buckeye33:  To sum it up, it just did not fit my hand at all. I've owned and shot the 22,25,and 32 in the previous generation and liked them. The new one just feels off and the new beaver tail was horrendous. I wear a medium size glove and was very disappointed at how much it felt like the dimensions were wrong. I too am a fan of the 80 series Beretta pistols especially in 32.

I mean, I haz a Dremel, an FFL, & a diploma from WECSOG.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

To sum it up, it just did not fit my hand at all. I've owned and shot the 22,25,and 32 in the previous generation and liked them. The new one just feels off and the new beaver tail was horrendous. I wear a medium size glove and was very disappointed at how much it felt like the dimensions were wrong. I too am a fan of the 80 series Beretta pistols especially in 32.

If it feels similar to the original 84 I think  I'll like it. The 84 just feels really good in my hand.sure, the 80x looks different, but I don't think it's ugly. I can't wait to fondle one, now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#26]
@raygixxer89, are you talking about the 80X which is only available in .380 or the new 30X Bobcat which is the .32acp pistol?
I looked at the 30X at a local FFL and while I feel it is an improvement on the old model Bobcats, could not justify it's price point, and I initially wanted one, a thought that was vaporized by the release of the PPK in .32.
View Quote

I mean the 80x in 380. I have a second gen INOX Tomcat and think it's a hoot to load and shoot. I've ever pocket carried it on occasion.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:17:57 AM EDT
[#27]

If it feels similar to the original 84 I think  I'll like it. The 84 just feels really good in my hand.sure, the 80x looks different, but I don't think it's ugly. I can't wait to fondle one, now.
View All Quotes

I really want to see how it feels to you.  It was like a glove to me. Just a really ugly glove.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 6:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#28]
I really want to see how it feels to you.  It was like a glove to me. Just a really ugly glove.
View Quote

I'll probably like then. I'll have to hold off, though. I was in Houston to see my sister and family and to check out a used SIG P224 in Pearland, like new. I bought it and a brand new SIG P220 Elite FDE in 10mm.
@desertmoon
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#29]

I'll probably like then. I'll have to hold off, though. I was in Houston to see my sister and family and to check out a used SIG P224 in Pearland, like new. I bought it and a brand new SIG P220 Elite FDE in 10mm.
@desertmoon
View Quote
Well.

10mm is the best mm.....so...good choice!
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Picked up my new .32 PPK this afternoon, and immediately ran 162 rounds down the tube.

I found the sights amazingly easy to pick up, and accuracy was quite good for a guy with 70 year old eyes that normally doesn't do well with short sight radius pistols.  The S&B FMJ I shot was trouble free for 50 rounds, as were the 12 I had of Winchester White Box.  Then Norma FMJ and PPU FMJ and JHP both were accurate, but had numerous stove pipe issues.  I am tempted to place the blame on me as I have been in hospital and an still not as strong as I was, so maybe it was a grip problem, or perhaps a break in issue with the pistol.  More testing will verify this.

The fit and finish are really good, with no tool marks anywhere. All the controls are smooth in operation, and the trigger is quite a bit better than my pre WW2 PP.  The single action pull measure 3.32lbs on my Lyman digital gauge.  The DA is somewhere over 11 lbs, probably closer to 13.

I am quite pleased so far.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Keep us posted. I am curious to see what you find on the stovepipes.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#32]
After cleaning the pistol tonight, I was thinking more about this, and decided to measure the rims of the ammo that I shot today.
Lo and behold the brands that I had issues with had rim diameters .001" smaller than the S&B that worked flawlessly.
Hard to believe that tiny difference mattered, but it's all I got right now.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#33]
The stainless looks nice! I’m still waiting for the blued ones to come out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#34]
After cleaning the pistol tonight, I was thinking more about this, and decided to measure the rims of the ammo that I shot today.
Lo and behold the brands that I had issues with had rim diameters .001" smaller than the S&B that worked flawlessly.
Hard to believe that tiny difference mattered, but it's all I got right now.
View Quote

thanks for the update.  I'm assuming you felt the recoil was manageable?
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Recoil is not an issue at all for me.  It's a 32, not 9mm Makarov.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Went back to the range this afternoon and put more rounds through the .32 PPK.  25 S&B, 50 American Eagle, and 50 Magtec, all FMJ.
I am happy to report that except for one Magtec that stovepiped, which I am blaming on me (bad grip/rushed shot) my PPK digested all of the rounds without issue, and ejected them with authority.  And wow is this little thing accurate.  I suspect it is related to break in, as the pistol was fairly tight out of the box.

I now have a total of 337 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#37]

I have a gold one
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 9:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stk016] [#38]
Just a heads up for those who qualify (mil vet for me), the .32 ACP PPK/PPKs stainless and black are available through expertvoice at a significant discount.

Ordering the black PPK tonight, says 30-45 days to process so we will see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BlitzPig:  Went back to the range this afternoon and put more rounds through the .32 PPK.  25 S&B, 50 American Eagle, and 50 Magtec, all FMJ.
I am happy to report that except for one Magtec that stovepiped, which I am blaming on me (bad grip/rushed shot) my PPK digested all of the rounds without issue, and ejected them with authority.  And wow is this little thing accurate.  I suspect it is related to break in, as the pistol was fairly tight out of the box.

View Quote

Blowback pistols have fixed barrels, which lend themselves to accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Went back to the range this afternoon and put more rounds through the .32 PPK.  25 S&B, 50 American Eagle, and 50 Magtec, all FMJ.

View Quote
This makes me happy!  Is it comfortable with that long beaver tail?
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#41]
That beaver tail needs to go, it ruins the lines of the pistol.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#42]
I won’t disagree about the lines but in my 380 I find no issues comfort wise
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#43]
While the long beaver tail is not very good looking, it goes a long way to alleviating slide bite and is in no way causing any discomfort
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By centurian318:  That beaver tail needs to go, it ruins the lines of the pistol.
View Quote

@evnash disagrees:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Smith-and-Wesson-Bodyguard-2-0-a-really-good-small-380/5-2739776/&page=3#i110066301

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#45]
While the long beaver tail is not very good looking, it goes a long way to alleviating slide bite and is in no way causing any discomfort
View Quote
Excellent.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Factory threaded option in blued and stainless announced
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 4:29:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: --FLEET--] [#47]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
View Quote

Saw that in Sootch's YT video. I don't think I can resist the threaded version. So fricken cool
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:15:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drerickson77] [#48]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:
View Quote

I kind of want a .32 ACP PPK for the nostalgia (AKA James Bond) factor. The ability to put my pistol suppressor on it would be very cool too.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top