Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/10/2017 12:04:24 AM EDT
I may be in the market for a new .45ACP suppressor host...

The USP Tactical seems like the default option.

I like that the HK45T has a 1913 rail, but not crazy about the way the grip looks. Also, it is my understanding the USP Tactical has a better trigger?

Something about the HK45CT really has my interest - maybe because it's closer to the size of something I might be willing to carry (with the 8rd mag). Downside is capacity, I guess.

Which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget about the USP 45 CT!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't forget about the USP 45 CT!!
View Quote

Is it still produced? Or do you buy a USPc and source a barrel?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Love my USP 45c, its my daily carry.  I have one of the USP 9 Tacticals and love it.  

That being said, the grip on the 45CT is very, very nice.  Have you held one yet?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
The only USP I have is a .40 police trade-in that I got a good deal on.  I put a factory threaded barrel in it because suppressed is always better.  It's a great pistol however I think the HK45 is the logical evolution of the USP.

While my Octane .45 was in NFA jail I looked at different hosts and ended up with the HK45CT.  I have pretty big hands and shot a friends HK45 fullsize and loved it, however even with the 8 round mags on the compact I am able to get a full grip.  It also came with a threaded barrel which is what I was looking for.  The 1913 rail is also what you would expect from a modern pistol.  

The sights are my preferred 3-dot tritium, but they do not clear the suppressor.  I don't find this a problem since I am actually more accurate with a suppressor even though it obscures the sights, but something to consider if you expect them to be raised above the suppressor.

Obligatory HK45CT and autosear MP5 host pic:

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a USP-T and a HK45ct.

The USP-T is easier to shoot, has a better trigger, can see over my Osprey and is a joy to shoot. However it is huge and mostly a range toy unless SHTF.

The 45ct is harder to shoot, requires effort with a can and only holds 9 - 11 rounds but can be easily concealed in a hybrid holster. Must say I like the Mepro night sights a lot...

Depends how you'll use it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a usp 9 tactical that I've used for a suppressor host for like 2 years and it is stupid accurate. People seem to shoot it better than most other guns. It is a really nice setup with my osprey 9.

I also have had an osprey 45 for a while. I ended up buying the USP 45 tactical to use with it although sadly it came in like a week or two ago. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet as I didn't have the right piston(the osprey 45 has been used on a m&p 45 for a while now). Now that the piston has shown up it snowed and I've been too busy to hit an indoor range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
HK USP45 Tactical LE version.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#8]
All of the above.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The USP T is a big damn pistol.  Not ideal for concealed carry, unless you don't care if someone sees it printing.  They're great to shoot though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#10]
This photo of the HK45CT with suppressor sights really caught my attention. I think it's a good looking handgun - even with the elephant foot mags.

The USP is definitely an iconic pistol, but for me I'm afraid its size would relegate it to range use only.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If it is going to be a suppressor host why are you guys talking about concealed carry?

USP .45 Tactical all the way, all day.  Better trigger, mag holds two more rounds, sights that can see over suppressor, etc.

As much as I like HKs the HK 45 doesn't exist to me.  It was like a step back from the USP.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This photo of the HK45CT with suppressor sights really caught my attention. I think it's a good looking handgun - even with the elephant foot mags.

The USP is definitely an iconic pistol, but for me I'm afraid its size would relegate it to range use only.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/PCLazarus/HK45CT/TOM_3940.jpg
View Quote

While it is smallest of the three, and despite the name, it really isn't that small of a gun.

I had a 45CT previously, and it was almost the exact size of my dads Ruger P95, and we are talking about a gun that only holds 8+1 flush.

It is a great gun, but i just couldn't find a roll for it personally.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Mark 23?

In all seriousness, I would choose the USP 45 Tactical personally.

That being said, I love my Mark 23 more. But the $800 question is... is it really worth $800 more than the USP 45 Tactical.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]
My vote is for 45CT but I may be a little biased

This is with the Taylor Freelance Mag Extensions

This is with my Rugged Obsidian
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a USP-T and a HK45ct.

The USP-T is easier to shoot, has a better trigger, can see over my Osprey and is a joy to shoot. However it is huge and mostly a range toy unless SHTF.

The 45ct is harder to shoot, requires effort with a can and only holds 9 - 11 rounds but can be easily concealed in a hybrid holster. Must say I like the Mepro night sights a lot...

Depends how you'll use it.
View Quote

I've owned a USPT & now have a 45CT, & prefer the trigger in the latter; has less creep to my perception.  Also, the CT can use 8 or 10 rd mags, so same capacity in a smaller package - what's not to love.

45CT voter here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Why oh why don't they make that in 9mm...

Its is perfect...right up to the 45 part.  45 is always going to be loud and the capacity is a joke.

Great weapon...with training wheels.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Its is perfect...right up to the 45 part.  45 is always going to be loud and the capacity is a joke.

View Quote

It has a threaded barrel for a reason...
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome...why 45...45 is LOUD, even suppressed.  Much more louder...than say 9mm...sarcasm intended.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't have a suppressor for my USP45T, yet, but I love this thing.

And the HK Universal rail makes the gun sexier than the 1913 rail.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#20]
USP Tactical no question. I've owned them all and the USP T trigger is the best by a wide margin.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I love my USP 45 Tactical.  I had a Mark 23 but sold it to buy a HK45CT and P220 combat.  It was a hard decision to sell because it was such a sweet shooter, but to me it ultimately was a novelty range toy.  It was plainly too large to carry and too cumbersome.  Now, I am a huge fan of the HK45CT because it is so versatile, but the USP 45 Tactical is more of a pleasure to shoot.  I think if I could pick only one I would pick the HK45CT, though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the USP .45 Tactical but find it mainly a range toy as stated above. It's also quite large. It is for that reason I've only shot it a small amount and may in fact sell it to buy something else. It is a very cool gun but I can't really see a real reason for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll second the "I love my 45CT" thing.  The pull on the double action is a little hard and a bit gritty, but still manageable.  The single action pull is, to me, perfect.  Holes appear where I am thinking.  It's almost eerie.  

I did get the LEM kit, but I haven't put it in.  I really don't want to do a thing to it except shoot.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top