Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2011 7:32:05 PM EDT
Ok, I tried an Uncle Mike's size 2 pocket holster for carry as a back-up gun in my cargo pants.  Just won't work, too much trouble to try and get the gun to come out of the holster without the holster coming out of the pocket as well.  

What other holsters are out there which actually stay in the pocket?  

I also want this holster to work in my jeans front pocket for when I am off duty.  

Desantis Nemesis - Looks like it may have more "sticky" to it?
Fobus paddle holster - I may consider this for regular carry off duty, rather than in my front pocket.  Others?
Getting something sewn into my cargo pockets that I can attach a holster to - velcro? snaps?

Just looking at my options here.  I will hang on to the Uncle Mike's for keeping it around the house and in the truck.  

Thanks,

Marcial
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Nemesis for my LCP - not sticky at all, comes right out of the pocket.  Had to add some grippy material to make it work.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Love my Nemesis.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a Recluse plus and am very happy with it, no printing whatsoever and I really like the trigger block design.
After a little practice, you can draw the weapon while leaving the holster in place.

There are many different styles, to include a cargo version.

Recluse

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Love my Nemesis.

+1
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
My Nemisis stays in the pocket, and the gun comes out pretty easily.  

DeSantis also has a Cargo Pocket version, that has a spot for an extra mag.  As a cargo pants guy myself, I keep meaning to pick one up some day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone!  I really like the looks of both the Nemesis and Recluse holsters.  I will have to stew on it for a while.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Take a look at the 5.11 Tactical Back up Belt system. It uses Velcro which depending on your BDUs may already be there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the Desantis superfly.  It is basically a Nemesis with a velcro detachable overlay so it prints and feels just like a wallet.

You hardly even know that you have it.  It is without a doubt THE most comfortable hoster that I have ever used.
The link show pictures with and without the overlay.

Desantis Superfly for LCP

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the same problem that you have when I got my LCP as a back up and wanted to carry in cargo pants.  I started out with the Desantis cargo holsters but was having trouble while sitting is the car the gun and spare mag was falling out of the holster.  So when i got out of the car everything was loose in the pocket.  Now this may of just been an issue with me, but I still feel there thould be some type of strap or retention.  I was going to sew in a thumb break, but I sold it.  I now use a nemesis in the left front pocket and absolutely love it.  The gun stays in the holster and the holster stays in the pocket when drawing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I went with the Flat Bottom Pocket Holster here....

http://www.rkbaholsters.com/Leather%20Holsters.htm

I've had it for a few year now and it has been superb.  Normally carry in my front pocket and when drawn the "hook" catches the holster and the pistol comes out smoothly.  Craftsmanship is excellent.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Try Alabama Holster Company.  They make a Kydex holster for the LCP that hides well but stays behind on the draw.  What's more, it won't hold moisture.
Moon
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Stoner Back Pocket holster that I use in cargo pants.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I have mine in a Galco Pro436 as I type....use it with suit pants, jeans, shorts, and khakis. Never tried anything different. Reasonably priced.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top