Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:31:07 PM EDT
Hey guys, I told my brother I would try and find him new grips for his revolver but I am hitting a brick wall. The revolver is a ROHM Model 38 Special. Does anyone know where I could find grips for this revolver? I would like to find better grips than what came on the gun, because the ones that came on it out of the factory are terrible. Any information helps, thanks guys and gals!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Your gonna shoot that thing?
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not trying to be a dick but those guns are all shit. Don't waste a dollar on grips for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Gunbroker RG38 Grips

Ignore the previous posts.  I have had several RG's over the years.   They are not a Smith or even a Charter.  They are cheap, crude, inaccurate and have horrible triggers but they shoot.  

They are the perfect cheap tacklebox gun.  Will get the job done.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Gunbroker RG38 Grips

Ignore the previous posts.  I have had several RG's over the years.   They are not a Smith or even a Charter.  They are cheap, crude, inaccurate and have horrible triggers but they shoot.  

They are the perfect cheap tacklebox gun.  Will get the job done.

OK, Great for a throw down.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I've found a few parts and pieces for the same reason. My dad gave me his old Rohm 38S. The grips are crap and it was missing screws but here's what I found.

Grips:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/243770/vintage-gun-grips-rohm-gmbh-sontheim-385-38-special-polymer-black
I didn't buy these but they look pretty darn close. These dont' come with screws though. (LAME)

Screws:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=8741
I think you'll need #61 and #70 screws from this scematic.
I bought 2 each of these and I haven't gotten them yet (maybe today).
The gun my dad gave me had 2 out of I think the 3 screws it needed so I may have extra after I get these.

You may also find stuff here as well.

http://www.gun-parts.com/rohm/

I know lots of people say this is a crap gun and although it's cheaply made it is still a gun and guarantee you still don't want to be in front of it. I've shot about 150 rounds through it and had no issues. This is also after it had sat in a drawer for years and years and I honestly think it was never cleaned from the first moment my dad had it. That's the way I shot it and it was fine. The trigger pull is stupid tough and no amount of oil or cleaning I've done has helped it.

I don't tihnk getting rid of it would be worth the few dollars you'd get for it. Keep it and make it functional and use it as a barter gun when the zombies invade.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 2:49:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a Rohm/RG .357 as part of a trade several years ago (closing in on 15 years I guess)...
The grips suck and the timing has gotten slightly wonky in SA (DA is fine...) but the damn thing is a tack driver.

I believe it is a clone of the SW 19.

I'm ashamed to sell it, or swap it... So it sits and sees use as a truck gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#7]
hockey tape..
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive seen pachmyers used on one I had one and sold it someone modified a pachmyer for the I had and it was a .357
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top