Springfield Prodigy (Page 5 of 5)
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 03RN:
@Evil_ed

There's a way to hammer the safety which widens it just enough you can salvage it. I'll try to find a better explanation.
View Quote

Yeah you can probably peen a ridge into it, so long as the safety isn't a cast or mim part - and that would probably do it, to be honest. I just don't know that I have a surface with enough compound angles on it to actually hold the safety in place while I wack on it

Either way - the Ed Brown safety showed up, I found I had to take off some material off the TOP of the lug in order for it to not interfere with the hammer when it gets cocked...I don't know if that's a thing with the CMC kit's hammer (probably) or what. Took me a bit to figure out where that hitch on cocking was coming from though. I really like the Ed Brown ambi...it's small enough where my trigger finger won't accidentally press up on the right paddle, and the rear of it is nicely beveled on both sides.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

Yeah you can probably peen a ridge into it, so long as the safety isn't a cast or mim part - and that would probably do it, to be honest. I just don't know that I have a surface with enough compound angles on it to actually hold the safety in place while I wack on it

Either way - the Ed Brown safety showed up, I found I had to take off some material off the TOP of the lug in order for it to not interfere with the hammer when it gets cocked...I don't know if that's a thing with the CMC kit's hammer (probably) or what. Took me a bit to figure out where that hitch on cocking was coming from though. I really like the Ed Brown ambi...it's small enough where my trigger finger won't accidentally press up on the right paddle, and the rear of it is nicely beveled on both sides.
View Quote

I just got an Ed Brown machined Tactical width ambi for a 1911 project. Very impressed with it. Which width did you go with?
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Whatever the one that Brownells had It's either "Tactical" or "Carry" width, not sure offhand
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 1:19:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#5]
Whatever the one that Brownells had It's either "Tactical" or "Carry" width, not sure offhand
View Quote

I almost ordered from Brownells because it's like $15 cheaper than direct from EB, but the description says Tactical but the part number says Carry, so I wasn't sure what I'd be getting.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
It's on the thinner side so I'm pretty sure it's the "carry" revision
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]
It's on the thinner side so I'm pretty sure it's the "carry" revision
View Quote

My thought as well. part number usually don't lie.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#8]
a
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
My DSC gunworks customized prodigy is insane. Feels like a 22.

I do hate the huge ambi safety.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243189/IMG_1010-3248699.jpg
View Quote

Also do not love the safety.  not sure if I'm up to fitting a new one.  might send it of for a change and maybe some other tuning.  Dunno.

Either way this thing rocks.  It's my new go-to gun for non carry purposes.  The full sized M&P sits in the safe now.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Now in FDE
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Now in FDE
View Quote

I'll help you out.

Link Posted: 7/31/2024 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been on the fence about one. That is, until I saw that they just introduced the Prodigy Comp model. Damn damn damn.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
I've been on the fence about one. That is, until I saw that they just introduced the Prodigy Comp model. Damn damn damn.
View Quote

It’s tempting for sure. Little off on the looks but I haven’t seen one in person yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

It's tempting for sure. Little off on the looks but I haven't seen one in person yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

It's tempting for sure. Little off on the looks but I haven't seen one in person yet.

Pretty much looks just like Monsoon's, which I have seen one with that comp in the wild.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Where’s the best place to buy optics plates? Need one for the Acro
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I want FDE and ported..
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 12:14:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#16]
Originally Posted By THATS-A-BINGO:
Where’s the best place to buy optics plates? Need one for the Acro
View Quote

Whoever has them.

Upc: 706397965099

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/723043968/springfield+prodigy+optic+plate+kit+acro

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/handgun-parts/handgun-sights-parts/agency-optic-system-aos-mounting-plates-for-1911-ds-prodigy/?sku=430103107

Opticsplanet has some in stock too
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Got mine back from repair and took it out today. Failures to go into battery and light primer strikes abound. I’m done with this thing.

Tisas makes a better pistol for less money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#19]
@sagillman

Who did the port on yours?

For any others, I'm waffling between inline ports and a chunk type port.  Is one better than the other at controlling muzzle rise or softening recoil (not that recoil is high)?
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By blwngazkit:
@sagillman

Who did the port on yours?

For any others, I'm waffling between inline ports and a chunk type port.  Is one better than the other at controlling muzzle rise or softening recoil (not that recoil is high)?
View Quote

@blwngazkit

Dave at DSC did the work. The way I figured it, is the most effective muzzle brakes have large ports. I think it’s a trade-off though, because the large ports are louder.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Most of what I’ve seen from testing shows that ports work better at reducing muzzle climb.

They also have an edge over add-on comps for holster options and they generally are more reliable with a wider range of ammo and springs.

I have Monsoon Tactical’s Lucky 7’s in my 5”
Prodigy. They don’t do a lot because the gun doesn’t move much in the first place. It’s more obvious shooting higher powered ammo. I did my ammo testing between my ported Prodigy and a stock 5” Prodigy.

Here’s just one test between ports and comps:

Ported Barrel vs Thread-On Compensator - Which Shoots Flatter or Softer?
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone think they'll do a compact carry version?  Seems like a logical next step, no?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Springfield Prodigy (Page 5 of 5)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top