Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Springfeild's New Gun (Page 9 of 9)
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
For those that like the look of the Sig P320 AXG; Sharps Bros will be releasing their aluminum grips next month
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Time to cash in on those free mags!
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/20240831_173706_jpg-3309929.JPG

Time to cash in on those free mags!
View Quote
That FDE looks good!

IF they produce a compact version AND they sell conversion kits, the FDE is the way I'm going.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought an Echelon from a member here. If I like it, I'll get a threaded barrel to slap my cans on it & also put a dot on it.

What's the difference between the standard & aggressive texture on the grip modules?

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
Just bought an Echelon from a member here. If I like it, I'll get a threaded barrel to slap my cans on it & also put a dot on it.

What's the difference between the standard & aggressive texture on the grip modules?

View Quote
The aggressiveness of the texture.

standard is what you have now and is pretty good.
Aggressive is a little deeper and much "rougher"
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#6]
Looks like the manual safety version is here: First Look: Echelon 4.5F with Manual Safety | TheArmoryLife.

I wonder if a compact will follow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
Looks like the manual safety version is here: First Look: Echelon 4.5F with Manual Safety | TheArmoryLife.

I wonder if a compact will follow.
View Quote
So the safety is mounted to the frame?

I noticed it's only in black and the store doesn't have frames for the thumb safety.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:44:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#8]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
So the safety is mounted to the frame?

I noticed it's only in black and the store doesn't have frames for the thumb safety.

View Quote

I don't know. I assumed the author was using the term "frame-mounted" to refer the 1911-like position as opposed to a slide-mounted safety.

I haven't seen any other hands-on reviews yet (I won't have time to look until after work), but I wouldn't be surprised if more information filters out over the next few weeks.

EDIT: I couldn't find any other reviews.

It will be interesting to see how that works.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]

I don't know. I assumed the author was using the term "frame-mounted" to refer the 1911-like position as opposed to a slide-mounted safety.

I haven't seen any other hands-on reviews yet (I won't have time to look until after work), but I wouldn't be surprised if more information filters out over the next few weeks.

EDIT: I couldn't find any other reviews.

It will be interesting to see how that works.
View Quote
You can see the marks in the frames where it goes.
If the safety is on the frame (and not the COG) then you can move between safety and no safety easily.

But I'm starting to get perturbed by Springfield trickling things out. The "F" model is only in black and the colored frames don't accept the thumb safety.

I called Springfield just to see if I could buy an OD slide and was told they don't sell the slides separately.
All this makes me think their plan is to only seek frames and not be completely modular. But who knows?
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
You can see the marks in the frames where it goes.
If the safety is on the frame (and not the COG) then you can move between safety and no safety easily.

But I'm starting to get perturbed by Springfield trickling things out. The "F" model is only in black and the colored frames don't accept the thumb safety.

I called Springfield just to see if I could buy an OD slide and was told they don't sell the slides separately.
All this makes me think their plan is to only seek frames and not be completely modular. But who knows?
View Quote

The Hellcat and Hellcat Pro both had a decent wait for a manual safety version as I recall and as far as I've seen the MS version of each only come in black.

What do mean by "F" model?
https://www.springfield-armory.com/echelon-series-handguns/echelon-handguns/

All of these appear to have "4.5F" in there naming scheme. Could it stand for "full-size" perhaps? Does that mean that compact/subcompact and tactical models are on the way?

In terms of the modularity, maybe the goal is to allow a wide range of people with differently sized hands to be able to use the pistol through the 3 grip sizes and 3 backstraps for each grip?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#11]

The Hellcat and Hellcat Pro both had a decent wait for a manual safety version as I recall and as far as I've seen the MS version of each only come in black.

What do mean by "F" model?
https://www.springfield-armory.com/echelon-series-handguns/echelon-handguns/

All of these appear to have "4.5F" in there naming scheme. Could it stand for "full-size" perhaps? Does that mean that compact/subcompact and tactical models are on the way?

In terms of the modularity, maybe the goal is to allow a wide range of people with differently sized hands to be able to use the pistol through the 3 grip sizes and 3 backstraps for each grip?
View Quote
I thought the manual safety was called the 4.5F.. Can't say ive ever really paid attention until I saw it called that in the article.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:39:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#12]
I thought the manual safety was called the 4.5F.. Can't say ive ever really paid attention until I saw it called that in the article.
View Quote

You're not alone, I didn't notice it until the article either, I just happened to catch it when I went to Springfield's website.

I'm hoping it means a compact/subcompact will be following. I won't hold my breath, but I personally think it'd be nice if those hypothetical variants had the option to take either HC or old XD magazines (I guess retro now, haha) instead of taking a new compact Echelon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]

You're not alone, I didn't notice it until the article either, I just happened to catch it when I went to Springfield's website.

I'm hoping it means a compact/subcompact will be following. I won't hold my breath, but I personally think it'd be nice if those hypothetical variants had the option to take either HC or old XD magazines (I guess retro now, haha) instead of taking a new compact Echelon.
View Quote
I bet you're right. The "F" is new and the compact will be a "C"

You know they want to sell magazines

hopefully they will have conversion kits to go from the "F" to the "C"
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#14]
I bet you're right. The "F" is new and the compact will be a "C"

You know they want to sell magazines

hopefully they will have conversion kits to go from the "F" to the "C"
View Quote

I guess I can't fault them for wanting to sell magazines and I suppose it is better when they're purpose built. But man do I have bad timing when it comes to their Gear Ups.

I saw that they have a .40 SW to 9mm slide/barrel conversion for the XD on their website-- so it seems that they do sell a conversion kit for the XD at least, but obviously who knows if that has any bearing on a hypothetical Echelon conversion kit.

It'll be interesting to see if a "C" would be a subcompact like the XD Subcompact and the XDM "Compact" or if it would be more of a Glock 19 ~15 round size.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#15]

I guess I can't fault them for wanting to sell magazines and I suppose it is better when they're purpose built. But man do I have bad timing when it comes to their Gear Ups.

I saw that they have a .40 SW to 9mm slide/barrel conversion for the XD on their website-- so it seems that they do sell a conversion kit for the XD at least, but obviously who knows if that has any bearing on a hypothetical Echelon conversion kit.

It'll be interesting to see if a "C" would be a subcompact like the XD Subcompact and the XDM "Compact" or if it would be more of a Glock 19 ~15 round size.
View Quote
I imagine (and hope I'm not wrong as it's the reason I jumped into the platform) the plan is to do something similar to Sig.

I can see them having a full size they have now (Glock 17 size), a compact (19 size), and a sub compact (26 size).

They could even do a PCC and custom slides/parts.
Im a little confused about them not selling slides for it but then again all the slides have serial numbers on them - this would have to change for them to do it.

it's only my opinion but I think they would do well to release a roadmap or a statement that explains what their product plans are. Since they are obviously going after department contracts with this line, they need to give some information about their plans.

it's possible that all they plan on is releasing frames but that seems like a waste of money and a good opportunity with the COG. but if they lean into the COG and sell the modularity of the platform I could see them really giving Sig a run for their money
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I imagine (and hope I'm not wrong as it's the reason I jumped into the platform) the plan is to do something similar to Sig.

I can see them having a full size they have now (Glock 17 size), a compact (19 size), and a sub compact (26 size).

They could even do a PCC and custom slides/parts.
Im a little confused about them not selling slides for it but then again all the slides have serial numbers on them - this would have to change for them to do it.

it's only my opinion but I think they would do well to release a roadmap or a statement that explains what their product plans are. Since they are obviously going after department contracts with this line, they need to give some information about their plans.

it's possible that all they plan on is releasing frames but that seems like a waste of money and a good opportunity with the COG. but if they lean into the COG and sell the modularity of the platform I could see them really giving Sig a run for their money
View Quote

Well, I've noticed the aftermarket has taken on a lot of that with the P320/P365. There already seems to be at least some appetite for those makers to do the same with the Echelon given the Icarus and Sharps Bros modules.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Well, I've noticed the aftermarket has taken on a lot of that with the P320/P365. There already seems to be at least some appetite for those makers to do the same with the Echelon given the Icarus and Sharps Bros modules.
View Quote
Yeah. I've looked into those. They look great but I'm looking for a compact.
being able to buy the slide, barrel and frame that I can drop my COG into and move between them is ideal and what I was going to do with my 320 before I discovered the gravity assist.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Icarus Precision aluminum ACE grip module
arrived this weekend
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By kenndogg:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5566/4kozXq.jpg

Icarus Precision aluminum ACE grip module
arrived this weekend
View Quote
How do you like it?
Link Posted: Today 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Haven’t shot it yet.
But the grip feels good.  Grippy but doesn’t rip into skin.  Extra weight just makes this gun feel solid
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Springfeild's New Gun (Page 9 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top