Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2019 10:13:13 AM EDT
I've been wanting one of the new Steyr M1 pistols to go with my new M1 AUG but see no talk about them anywhere.

Anyone know someone who has one?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for it. Weird and cool like most Steyr stuff. It's really a very sound handgun and the trigger is suprising. Good value too. There are/were some older discussions.

eta: Answered from "New Topics" without noticing where this was posted.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Always liked them, always wanted one.  Started to buy one on multiple occasions based upon reviews, ergonomics, quality.

Keep this in mind;

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2011/09/steyr-arms-recalls-9mm-m9-a1-c9-a1-and-s9-a1-pistols/

Made in hot
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been wanting to buy and try out a Steyr L9-A1TB full size as a suppressor host.
Might order one before long.
I like the longer barrel of the L9 over the shorter barrel of the M9.

Link Posted: 1/13/2019 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Longer barrel looks better, but I'm looking at the 4" model.

I have enough full sized  guns, and If I like it I might carry it daily.

Of all places, Cheaper than dirt has the best price I can find.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI, Steyr has a $50 rebate going until January 31st on A1’s.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
The grip is really long for an EDC piece.  Just FYI
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
They’re awesome.

I have two.  The grip with 15 round mags is the same length as a G19.  It is my EDC.

Trigger is great for striker gun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bit big yes, but I do better with longer grips.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Best price I found was Classic Arms at $418.

With the rebate it won't be a bad price.
Mags are gonna hurt though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Best price I found was Classic Arms at $418.

With the rebate it won't be a bad price.
Mags are gonna hurt though.
View Quote
There's a shop selling at good prices with instant 50 discount. Combined with Steyr's 50 rebate you can get a steyr pistol for 375.

https://gunprime.com/product-category/gun-deals/steyr-pistols/
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Bessemer M357a1. Nice shooting gun, grip feels good, trigger breaks clean, and the trap sights are uniquely accurate. I've never shot the 9mm version but may buy one eventually (what I tell myself year after year). Right now the price is as low as I've ever seen it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Plenty of love for Steyr's by me.  Have the following;

S9A1
M9A1
M357A1
L40A1 - with Ranger Point Precision .357Sig barrel
S40A1- with Ranger Point Precision .357Sig barrel

The above usually ride in Stealthgear, Vedder, or DoubleClick holsters.  DoubleClick SafeCarry non-mechanical double retention holster in picture above (perfect for preventing negligent discharges by dancing FBI agents ).

I've run the M357A1 through several training courses, and it ran fine.  My hands were numb after 275 rounds in one class, but I could still hit the target.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice,

Thanks for the holster info.

I ordered the pistol this morning!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Tomorrow is a new world for Steyr's handgun line.

The first gun out the gates is the L9 A2 MF. I've seen the pictures and specs and this gun is going to be sweet if it lives up to what's on paper...

Steyr and TNsteyr will be live streaming the launch tomorrow.

I can't out anything up yet, but will tomorrow afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I want trap night sights on that MF!
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a few styers. I really like the L9 and have one milled for a delta point. They are fantastic firearms. I am really excited to see them introducing the MF“2” pistol. They almost completely modernized it and made it competitive, but left out a red dot version (as far as I know) which kinda sucks since there is only one guy I have found who does the work on them. I hope they get it updated, but that might require them to relocate the loaded chamber indicator in the L9 to where it is on the M9
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I want trap night sights on that MF!
View Quote
You and I both!

I also want a Steyr in 10mm, but both will probably remain forever a dream.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Got the gun in today.
It's below freezing with a hefty wind chill so it will be a while before I take her out.

Interesting sights.

Grip is very off at first but once you grip it really high it falls into place.

I think I might like this one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:38:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Mags. Where are we buying mags?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:24:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#21]
those horizontal milled slots on the frame make it look too busy and are pointless.  I hate when manufacturers can't leave stuff alone and add crap all over the gun.  Good grief.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
those horizontal milled slots on the frame make it look too busy and are pointless.  I hate when manufacturers can't leave stuff alone and add crap all over the gun.  Good grief.
View Quote
Good spot for thumbs to apply pressure.  Not as rough as stippling.  Ugly, sure, I’ll allow it, beats the stick on rubber or sand paper I’ve used.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Probably the coolest pistol i’ve ever seen.

Gotta scoop one of these up as soon as they come out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Would be cool if they slimmed up the slides a bit too.  The 9mm version is as wide as a G21 for Crissakes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Back around 2004 I purchased an M9 from CDNN for around $260.

I liked that gun but unfortunately it got the axe during a period of economic need and I regretted selling that pistol ever since.

Felt awesome in the hand and the trigger was good, too. It seemed to prefer hotter 9mm ammo; the softer "IDPA loads" I rolled would stovepipe but shot WWB without a hitch. SteyrUSA even sent me a free extractor upgrade.

I recall extra mags were somewhat pricey and at the time holsters were pretty damn hard to find.

The factory triangular sights I found a bit difficult to get used to but they weren't awful.

Would I buy a new M9A1? Hmmmm. I might.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#26]
My M9-A1 has been great so far, 300 rounds in without a failure of any kind.

Trapezoid sights are different, but work well once you get used to them, and the trigger is great. I'd put it in the same league as the PPQ.

I can nail my pistol tree plates with it all day long at 20 yards
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#27]
If they'd blow out the M/L/S models now that the MF gun has been designed for something around $299/per, I'd give one a go...
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#28]
The MF is supposed to be on the market soon, right? I’m kinda interested in giving one a go.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Anyone know when the L9A2 will hit the shelves?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone know when the L9A2 will hit the shelves?
View Quote
Steyr's backed up in customs or Austria sent the guns on a slow boat across the ocean. I've had a part on order for over a year now...

I love steyr's products and their US side service is exceptional, but the damn europeans don't seem to want to make money in the USA.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#31]
l LOVE my Steyr. The sights are fantastic IMO.

Link Posted: 7/15/2019 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Have three. L9-a1, L9-a1 w/ deltapoont cut, and a S9-a1. L9 are great guns but you can’t really find any accessories for them beyond weights and guide rods. S9 is a good sized gun but really needs to fill out the extra capacity. Magazine should and could fit 12 rounds easily if they changed the base plate. While I really like them, there isn’t s lot of support so in two gun where most have 21 round mags or more you are stuck with 17. Also holsters I have are all custom since it’s a PITA to find them. Also grip texture sucks, way to light on that end.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I have had several of them over the years, including an early M40 that I ended up giving to my brother.  I have also had a pair of S9A1 models, I really wanted to like these, but they ejected rounds straight back into my face.  I tried different extractor springs, different ammo, nothing helped so I sold them.  I still have a pair of M9A1.  These I like a lot, I am not a fan of the trapezoid sights and have added Tru Glo night sights to both of them.  These have been so reliable and trouble free that they aren't going anywhere.

I also have a Vedder Light tuck holster (kydex) for the S9A1 if anyone is interested???
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Do you need a kydex holster for your S9?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Thats a sweet rig
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do you need a kydex holster for your S9?
View Quote
OWB? And what colors do you offer?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

OWB? And what colors do you offer?
View Quote
IWB, I have Vedder from when I had an S9-A1. Cover the shipping and it’s yours.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

IWB, I have Vedder from when I had an S9-A1. Cover the shipping and it’s yours.
View Quote
Sent you an email, that would be awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Just picked up my steyr l9 a2..I LOVE IT.!!! . absolutely gorgeous.. got mine with tru glo tfx night sights..  very well balanced..for a full sized side arm .definitely gonna be my new credit card.. never gonna leave home without it.. very good grip texturing.. extended beavertail  is in the sweet spot... very well machined,  trigger is awesome.. short and smooth..love the metal mags.been a glock fan boy for 16 years plus... this steyr is the complete package... I really hope this a2  takes off..with aftermarketparts and accessories .cause I really feel this steyr is everything a glock should of been.... this is just my opinion thou... hopefully someone will make a holster real quick.. been in touch with steyr molds have been sent out ... but anyways  since I got mine today... I thought I would share my experience with yall,  .. thank yall.. get your hands on one !!! You wont be disappointed..
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just picked up my steyr l9 a2..I LOVE IT.!!! . absolutely gorgeous.. got mine with tru glo tfx night sights..  very well balanced..for a full sized side arm .definitely gonna be my new credit card.. never gonna leave home without it.. very good grip texturing.. extended beavertail  is in the sweet spot... very well machined,  trigger is awesome.. short and smooth..love the metal mags.been a glock fan boy for 16 years plus... this steyr is the complete package... I really hope this a2  takes off..with aftermarketparts and accessories .cause I really feel this steyr is everything a glock should of been.... this is just my opinion thou... hopefully someone will make a holster real quick.. been in touch with steyr molds have been sent out ... but anyways  since I got mine today... I thought I would share my experience with yall,  .. thank yall.. get your hands on one !!! You wont be disappointed..
View Quote
Awesome man, have two L9A1s and they are solid, haven’t seen a A2 in person yet, didn’t know they were out yet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I got my A2 last week. Best grip ever. Now to break it in!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top