Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Wow. 10 days is lightning speed for any rebate.

Which mags did they send you? 22 rounders?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By guns762:
I got my 3 mag promo yesterday.  That was pretty fast.  

Local store has the non optic ready versions for $229.00.  Pretty impressive gun for that price.   Mine seems every bit as reliable and as accurate has my Glock G44s.   I hate to say this, as a heavily glock invested shooter, but the TX-22 seems to be a better gun for the money.

Wow. 10 days is lightning speed for any rebate.

Which mags did they send you? 22 rounders?

Some how mine came faster. She told me it would take 10 business days to process and then ship. I put in my rebate on the 12th and they were in my porch on the 17th. Was blown away. As I was leaving the 18th and bummed I was only gonna have one functioning mag on the trip.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
Yea they're quick about it. I submitted my claim on the 12th got the code to order the same day and placed the order. They were delivered on the 18th, so less than a week.

They're the 16rd.
View Quote

Not here. It has been a week since I got the email of awaiting shipment of my magazines. Nothing since
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine.
First range trip tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Once I get the claim number and approved, do they mail them to me? or do I have to do anything else?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I JUST ORDERED A 22 ROUND MAG FOR MY TX 22
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
Once I get the claim number and approved, do they mail them to me? or do I have to do anything else?
View Quote
They email you a coupon code.

On their website put the 3 pack of 16rd magazines in your cart and use the coupon code to get the price down to $0.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Shot my TX22 Competition model today.
Wowsers!!
Super fast Tigger pull, weight and break.
**Trigger reset is Foward spring assist that pushes you trigger finger foward for the next shot.
Iron sights were fantastic and had a perfect zero.
Loved 40 grain CCI
Had two jams with Agilia 22. The open slide made shooting the smokey Agilia 22LR rounds a pain with no breeze.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TW200:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20240728_110534_jpg-3279339.JPG

Shot my TX22 Competition model today.
Wowsers!!
Super fast Tigger pull, weight and break.
**Trigger reset is Foward spring assist that pushes you trigger finger foward for the next shot.
Iron sights were fantastic and had a perfect zero.
Loved 40 grain CCI
Had two jams with Agilia 22. The open slide made shooting the smokey Agilia 22LR rounds a pain with no breeze.

View Quote

Looks like they've gone to a more aggressive texture on the grip.

If yours is like mine, it will shoot Federal auto match reliably and well. Which is a huge plus, because I got a good pile of it pretty cheap. Probably close to 4,000 rounds through it so far. Just clean it every 500 or so and it keeps going.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Anybody having heavy lead build up in the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Do you shoot lead bullets in your TX22 or copper plated ?
Shooting range friend has had to replace 3 barrels in his gen 1 regular TX22. Taurus keeps sending him new barrels for free.
Friend thinks he's shooting the rifling out. I think he's leading out his barrel's rifling with federal automatch and other lead nose 22LR he shoots.
I'm only going the shoot copper plated CCI target 40 grain and copper plated Agulia 40 grain in my TX22.
As much as I shoot every week, will see if my barrel lasts a long time. Replacement barrels for the TX22 Competition are $65.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Tx22 barrels are know to be be shitty.

Mine shoots fine until I install my suppressors.
Bullets keyhole terribly.

I replaced the barrel with a Lakeline barrel.
No more keyholing.

I also have a P322 and the TX22 is better. But I like the P322 too.  
P322 barrel had leading problems for some people.
Not mine.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
Tx22 barrels are know to be be shitty.

Mine shoots fine until I install my suppressors.
Bullets keyhole terribly.

I replaced the barrel with a Lakeline barrel.
No more keyholing.

I also have a P322 and the TX22 is better. But I like the P322 too.  
P322 barrel had leading problems for some people.
Not mine.  

View Quote

Most early TX22 barrels were sleaved. Just look at the muzzle end of the barrel.
The TX22 Competition is a not sleaved but a a real bull barrel barrel.

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Shooting range friend has had to replace 3 barrels in his gen 1 regular TX22. Taurus keeps sending him new barrels for free.
Friend thinks he's shooting the rifling out. I think he's leading out his barrel's rifling with federal automatch and other lead nose 22LR he shoots.
I'm only going the shoot copper plated CCI target 40 grain and copper plated Agulia 40 grain in my TX22.
As much as I shoot every week, will see if my barrel lasts a long time. Replacement barrels for the TX22 Competition are $65.
View All Quotes

A lot of the automatch is copper coated.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Federal auto match are lead bullets:
"Get the best performance for your money with Federal Auto Match 22 Long Rifle ammunition. These 40-grain ***lead round nose*** rounds offer optimal performance without breaking the bank. Specifically designed for 10/22 actions and other autoloading firearms, the solid Auto Match .22 ammo strikes the perfect balance of velocity, ensuring reliable and accurate shooting."
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BFskinner:
Picked up mine today.  Put a Sig Romeo on it and I am waiting for the call on my suppressor.

Feels pretty good in the hand.  Trigger has some creep but not bad at all.

View Quote
@BFskinner how did you mount your Sig Romeo ?
I want to mount the same RDS on my TX22.

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#18]

"Get the best performance for your money with Federal Auto Match 22 Long Rifle ammunition. These 40-grain ***lead round nose*** rounds offer optimal performance without breaking the bank. Specifically designed for 10/22 actions and other autoloading firearms, the solid Auto Match .22 ammo strikes the perfect balance of velocity, ensuring reliable and accurate shooting."
View All Quotes

My mistake, you are right. I thought there were two types, because the packaging and projectiles can have different appearances... But it looks to all be LRN as you said.

I don't have any signs of leading in my competition barrel that has around 4,000 rounds through it, the vast majority being automatch. Easily maintains 5MOA with cheap ammo to pink steel with. Maybe better with better ammo, I dunno.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BFskinner:
Picked up mine today.  Put a Sig Romeo on it and I am waiting for the call on my suppressor.

Feels pretty good in the hand.  Trigger has some creep but not bad at all.

Yes, I have the Romeo mounted but haven't had the chance to go to the range and test it out.  It fits perfectly.  If you want one I would go for it.   The only thing I really don't like about the Romeo is that the on/off button on the top isn't as easy to activate as a dot with the controls on the side.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#20]

My mistake, you are right. I thought there were two types, because the packaging and projectiles can have different appearances... But it looks to all be LRN as you said.

I don't have any signs of leading in my competition barrel that has around 4,000 rounds through it, the vast majority being automatch. Easily maintains 5MOA with cheap ammo to pink steel with. Maybe better with better ammo, I dunno.
View Quote
Then I must be mistaken on my therory of the TX22 barrel rifling being lead filled. Missilegeek's 4,000 rounds with no signs of leading proves that.

TX22 barrel accuracy failing must've been the cheap sleeved barrels on some of the base TX22 models.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 3 TX22's now. One has a kinda rough looking bore but shoots great. I mostly shoot lead bullets such as Automatch, CCI SV and Blazer. I just run a bore snake every 500rds or so and no leading problems so far. One Gen2 around 2,000rds and a compact at 500rds.

I am not aware of any having sleeved barrels. The Gen 1 and Compact have skinny threaded barrels with a thread protector that looks like a sleeved barrel.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By coyotesilencer:
I have 3 TX22's now. One has a kinda rough looking bore but shoots great. I mostly shoot lead bullets such as Automatch, CCI SV and Blazer. I just run a bore snake every 500rds or so and no leading problems so far. One Gen2 around 2,000rds and a compact at 500rds.

I am not aware of any having sleeved barrels. The Gen 1 and Compact have skinny threaded barrels with a thread protector that looks like a sleeved barrel.
View Quote
You're probably right that the TX22 doesn't have a Sleeved barrel. The image a saw could have just been the thread protecter.
My friend has shot out several early TX22 pistol barrels and Taurus keeps replacing them. I'm looking too hard to find reasons why I guess.

Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:02:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#23]
You're probably right that the TX22 doesn't have a Sleeved barrel. The image a saw could have just been the thread protecter.
My friend has shot out several early TX22 pistol barrels and Taurus keeps replacing them. I'm looking too hard to find reasons why I guess.

View All Quotes

I also have a TX-22 compact model with a pencil barrel. It has very poor relative accuracy 4" or larger groups at 20 yards, with the same ammo and shooter, compared to my competition model which easily shoots 2" or less. I keep forgetting to call Taurus when they are open to see if they will replace it.

Others seem to believe the barrels are hit or miss quality. I can only talk about my sample size of 2.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

What sort of accuracy are you getting with your compact model using the cheap ammo?
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#25]

What sort of accuracy are you getting with your compact model using the cheap ammo?
View Quote

I haven't put it on paper yet, only had it out a few times but it has been comparable to my Gen2. I'd say around 2" at 25yds. It easily hits 3" steel at 25yds and 8" steel at 50yds. I have noticed it has more play between the barrel and the slide than the Gen2. It pretty much only gets shot suppressed and the extra weight might help the barrel settle in the same spot each time? I got it for my 10yo to shoot thinking the smaller size would fit him better. He wanted a laser on it so it got one before the first range trip. Gave it a rough zero on cans in the dirt then tuned it a little better on 25yd steel but not a good paper target zero.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 4:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#26]
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#27]

I haven't put it on paper yet, only had it out a few times but it has been comparable to my Gen2. I'd say around 2" at 25yds. It easily hits 3" steel at 25yds and 8" steel at 50yds. I have noticed it has more play between the barrel and the slide than the Gen2. It pretty much only gets shot suppressed and the extra weight might help the barrel settle in the same spot each time? I got it for my 10yo to shoot thinking the smaller size would fit him better. He wanted a laser on it so it got one before the first range trip. Gave it a rough zero on cans in the dirt then tuned it a little better on 25yd steel but not a good paper target zero.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the point of reference. Yeah I definitely got a shit barrel in my compact.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
This slide pin on my TX22 Competition keeps coming out during each range session.
Any quick fix to stop the pin from backing out?

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#29]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20240801_120127_jpg-3283269.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20240801_120843_jpg-3283271.JPGThis slide pin on my TX22 Competition keeps coming out during each range session.

View Quote

fill both sides with red locktite?
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By evnash:

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20240801_120127_jpg-3283269.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20240801_120843_jpg-3283271.JPGThis slide pin on my TX22 Competition keeps coming out during each range session.

Great idea evnash.
If the pin comes out again i'll red loctite it.
Just got back from that range with TX22. Pin hasn't moved after shooting a few 100 rounds through the TX22 without using locktite.

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#32]
The 13 rd Compact magazines have been out of stock since I purchased my TX compact 3 weeks ago. I emailed them and they told me to check back as they restock daily!!!!

If you're going to have a rebate program, you should make sure you have enough magazines on hand for said rebate
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep.
I received my 5 each 22 round factory TX22 magazines today.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coyotesilencer] [#34]
Little spendy shipping but the 22rd mags are $23 each at Family Firearms.

I have bought from them in the past with no issues.

Also in stock at Dack Outdoors for $23.50 but could be a month before they ship.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#35]

I got a chance to go shooting again and run 100 or so runs thru the two mags it came, with. Flawless, not one problem, ate everything I gave it. trigger is very Glock like and it even fits my Safariland holster. I should have gone for this first v. my G44.

The barrel looks like it's starting to lead up again, I need to run some runs thru it and watch the groups, with a freshly cleaned barely I could get 2"-3" groups at 25 yds off a rest.

I might be selling my G44. no need for it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Went shooting yesterday with friends.
One friend's standard model/barrel TX22 has had 2 barrels replaced by Taurus.
This is his new barrel after 1,000 rounds.
We tried cleaning the barrel, didn't help one bit.
I think the rifling got shot out.
I took these images.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/14/2024 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Are barrels still a problem? Thinking of picking up a TX22 competition. Barrel issues inside of 1k rounds doesn't sound very attractive though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:
Are barrels still a problem? Thinking of picking up a TX22 competition. Barrel issues inside of 1k rounds doesn't sound very attractive though.
View Quote
The TX22 Competition bull barrels seem to be fine and not have the same problem so far. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#39]
The TX22 Competition bull barrels seem to be fine and not have the same problem so far. Time will tell.
View Quote

Nice, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Great idea evnash.
Just got back from that range with TX22. Pin hasn't moved after shooting a few 100 rounds through the TX22 without using locktite.

View All Quotes

Great idea evnash.

You can tap down on it lightly with a hammer and put a SLIGHT bend on it. That will give it a bit of tension. You might have to heat it up to get it out if you use red loc tite.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By :

You can tap down on it lightly with a hammer and put a SLIGHT bend on it. That will give it a bit of tension. You might have to heat it up to get it out if you use red loc tite.
View Quote

That's a great tip williedikker72 .
So far the pin is staying put and not moving after shooting lots of rounds through it.

I love the TX22. Super accurate with fantastic trigger pull and spring loaded reset makes it a fast shooter.

Link Posted: 8/16/2024 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally got my three free magazines today, yeah!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#43]
If they come out with a FDE Toro version of the Gen 2 I’ll probably get one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I caved and ordered a TX TORO gen 2 in ODG...
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fuatos:
I caved and ordered a TX TORO gen 2 in ODG...
View Quote

Hell yeah brother Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Went shooting yesterday with friends.
One friend's standard model/barrel TX22 has had 2 barrels replaced by Taurus.
This is his new barrel after 1,000 rounds.
We tried cleaning the barrel, didn't help one bit.
I think the rifling got shot out.
I took these images.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20240804_095852_jpg-3286547.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20240804_095857_jpg-3286548.JPG

View Quote

The pictures are too crappy/blurry to see anything.
But if the issue is you can not see the rifling, then it is leaded up something fierce.
Letting it go that long without cleaning is your problem.
You are going to have to scrub the shit out of the barrel with a bore brush to get all the lead out. Gonna take lots of elbow grease.
Lead is soft and lead also will stick to itself. Once a little starts building up in the barrel, it starts sticking to itself and stripping more from the bullets and at some point starts to snowball.
At 6 digit numbers, you might start seeing a little throat erosion in a 22lr, but it is almost all but impossible to completely shoot out the rifling in a 22lr barrel.

Why so many people are so allergic to cleaning their guns is beyond me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 2:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#47]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:

The pictures are too crappy/blurry to see anything.
But if the issue is you can not see the rifling, then it is leaded up something fierce.
Letting it go that long without cleaning is your problem.
You are going to have to scrub the shit out of the barrel with a bore brush to get all the lead out. Gonna take lots of elbow grease.
Lead is soft and lead also will stick to itself. Once a little starts building up in the barrel, it starts sticking to itself and stripping more from the bullets and at some point starts to snowball.
At 6 digit numbers, you might start seeing a little throat erosion in a 22lr, but it is almost all but impossible to completely shoot out the rifling in a 22lr barrel.

Why so many people are so allergic to cleaning their guns is beyond me.
View Quote

A quality .22lr barrel will not lead up in 1,000 rounds. Period.
Link Posted: 10/11/2024 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#48]
just picked up a gen2 in trade and unfortunately for me it does not have the optics ready slide. I looked on the taurus site and they don't sell just the T.O.R.O. slide... they sell the "exchange" kit with barrel and all which I don't need, but they are out of stock anyway...
anyone know where I could possibly get just the T.O.R.O. slide?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top