Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 9/9/2013 7:48:08 PM EDT
I've been browsing through pictures of the FNX-45T with RMR's mounted to them and noticed that some seem to have a spacer underneath the RMR and Some don't. What's the story with this?

With Spacer:

Without Spacer:

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The spacer is there to add the recoil lugs that the bottom of the RMR interfaces with. The proper plate needs to be used......especially since even WITH the proper plate, its damn near an absolute co-witness......without the plate, I can imagine that it'd be a top 1/3rd co-witness.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I run mine without a spacer, I machined 2 brass pins to function as recoil lugs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an Insight MRDS, it came in a trade a few years ago, and is currently mounted on a SJC Glock mount.

I took it off the Glock, and put it on my new FNX45-Tactical and with an adapter plate, it obscures the rear sight channel, and without the plate, it cannot be turned on because the rear sight blocks access to the power button.

Looks like a Trijicon RMR is next.

Link Posted: 9/30/2013 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I run mine without a spacer, I machined 2 brass pins to function as recoil lugs.
View Quote

Do you by chance have any pictures of your pins/recoil lug setup?

Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top