Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2008 6:56:43 PM EDT
Does anyone make a Ar15 mag pouch that is MOLLE- &  has a velcro or snap closure or is open top?No Bungees!

I also need three single Ar mag pouches side by side on one piece of MOLLE or Velco... This is  going on a homemade  body armor cover.... ANYONE Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Off the top of my head:  Eagle M4 FB pouches, attaches via Molle and has velcro flaps that you can also leave down so it becomes an open top pouch.   I've been using these for years and they're the best IMO.  

As for the triples, do you need to be bungee free also?  If not, there's EssTac and I believe ATS also.  There's probably more but I can't think of any else right now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 1:14:31 AM EDT
[#2]
no bungees? you realize that those are there for retention? so your mags don't go flopping out on you while your running?

that being said, tactical tailor makes some with a velcro flap. so does sotech, OSOE, Endom, Tag, Specter Gear, Blackhawk, Patriot Perform Materials, condor... yeah so pretty much everyone but hsgi. and hsgi has the velco but they also have a fastex buckle.

use the quick links guide that is stickied at the top of the forum.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
yeah so pretty much everyone but hsgi. and hsgi has the velco but they also have a fastex buckle.

Funny you mention this, there are prototype mag pouches I have played with that cover all the bases of mag retention. Its a single mag pouch, but have plans of x2 and x3 panels, and is another one of Gene's "Thinking outside the box" ideas.

How do you like to secure your mags?
Open top no bungee
Open top w/bungee
Velcro flap
Velcro flap w/fastex
Fastex strap only

This mag pouch does all of these.
There were 3 versions that I have seen.
.308/M1A/FAL/G3
AK 47/74
AR/PMAG

CXS
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yeah so pretty much everyone but hsgi. and hsgi has the velco but they also have a fastex buckle.

Funny you mention this, there are prototype mag pouches I have played with that cover all the bases of mag retention. Its a single mag pouch, but have plans of x2 and x3 panels, and is another one of Gene's "Thinking outside the box" ideas.

How do you like to secure your mags?
Open top no bungee
Open top w/bungee
Velcro flap
Velcro flap w/fastex
Fastex strap only

This mag pouch does all of these.
There were 3 versions that I have seen.
.308/M1A/FAL/G3
AK 47/74
AR/PMAG

CXS

have i told you how much you suck btw? seriously? i REALLY hate you x. it's not fair. okay, i'll stop whining now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
have i told you how much you suck btw? seriously? i REALLY hate you x. it's not fair. okay, i'll stop whining now.

Are you running an AK or AR?

CXS
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#7]
if you can deal w/ Botach tactical piss poor cust serv.
they have closeout on blackwater gear velcro or side release buckle pouches.

i just got a few couple of weeks ago.  fairly quick delivery
but lots of peeps have had issue with them

www.botachtactical.com/blackwater.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
you know what i'm running. how much stuff have i bought from you? ak in case you forgot
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you know what i'm running. how much stuff have i bought from you? ak in case you forgot

Just double checking..
You might receive a package next month..

CXS
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
CXS has let the cat out of the bag .......again , but no problem !
But a little feedback would be appreciated . As I designed a pouch that has multiple closer possibilities for dedicated needs to meet the operators choice at hand . My concern is what will be the need of such item to justify going into full production . I have sent out several of the pouches to customers with great feedback , mainly for the AI 10 and 5 round mags . What also makes this pouch unique is that when using one of many closer possibilities , the unused portions of the multiple closers do not interfere with the operators actions and are basically unseen as well .

Gene @ HSGI
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
But a little feedback would be appreciated . As I designed a pouch that has multiple closer possibilities for dedicated needs to meet the operators choice at hand . My concern is what will be the need of such item to justify going into full production . I have sent out several of the pouches to customers with great feedback , mainly for the AI 10 and 5 round mags . What also makes this pouch unique is that when using one of many closer possibilities , the unused portions of the multiple closers do not interfere with the operators actions and are basically unseen as well .

Gene @ HSGI

that's it. i'm moving up there to become a gene groupy. just without the man to man butt love. well... wait. i'm a gear whore. if it'd help any.....

kidding....

gene, you do have a pm inbound regarding your non-padded straps though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Gene @ HSGI

that's it. i'm moving up there to become a gene groupy. just without the man to man butt love. well... wait. i'm a gear whore. if it'd help any.....

kidding....

gene, you do have a pm inbound regarding your non-padded straps though.

Oh my God , I'll leave that "butt-love" up to you and CXS . He's more hairy-er than me and will keep you more warm at night ! h.gif JK

PM bounced back.

Gene @ HSGI
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#13]
So.. to the O.P.
Looks like there might be a chance of those HSGI Mag pouches coming out..
I'll post some pictures of a T&E one when I'm allowed..

CXS
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#14]
We make these single, double, and triple with pals on the back. They are all lined with loop velcro so you can afix a small 1"x1" adhesive backed hook velcro to the mag and run no other retention. We see a lot of the seals running mags this way in single slot pockets. You can also run bunggee over the tops on these mags if prefered.

We also make these same mag pouches with velcro and snap retention. The lids are adjustable so they will still work with either AK or m4 mags in the same mag pouch.

John Willis
www.SOEtacticalgear.com
Link Posted: 8/25/2008 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Paraclete has a couple.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]
THANKS- Thats what I need...

Quoted:
We make these single, double, and triple with pals on the back. They are all lined with loop velcro so you can afix a small 1"x1" adhesive backed hook velcro to the mag and run no other retention. We see a lot of the seals running mags this way in single slot pockets. You can also run bunggee over the tops on these mags if prefered.

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/johnwillis123/more%20gear/DSC01990-1.jpg

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/johnwillis123/more%20gear/DSC01862.jpg

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/johnwillis123/more%20gear/DSC01861.jpg

We also make these same mag pouches with velcro and snap retention. The lids are adjustable so they will still work with either AK or m4 mags in the same mag pouch.

John Willis
www.SOEtacticalgear.com
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I did not see these pouches on your site?

Quoted:

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/johnwillis123/more%20gear/DSC01990-1.jpg

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/johnwillis123/more%20gear/DSC01862.jpg

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/johnwillis123/more%20gear/DSC01861.jpg

John Willis
www.SOEtacticalgear.com
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I did not see these pouches on your site?

The website is about to be updated. We have about 50 or so items that need to go up.

Shoot an e-mail. [email protected]

John Willis
www.SOEtacticalgear.com
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top