Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2012 9:20:30 PM EDT
Sounds a bit weird to say or type lol, but looking for some tactical sneakers.  All black which some serious treads.  (maybe even anti-slip?)

Hoping for something high quality that will last.

Anti-microbial would be nice to help keep smells away.

Isn't there some type of "fast laces" that are always tied or something?

What brands & options are out there?  Remember I want quality.  And something really comfortable as they will be worn daily.  (I'm used to Reebok Californiums & they are very light & really comfortable)

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Chucks?

I'm not much help in this area, for me its either 6" boots, or flipflops.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Inov8 Rocklite 295

http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/roclite295-1.aspx

Extremely lightwieght, highly breathable and cool, amazing traction.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Inov8 Rocklite 295

http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/roclite295-1.aspx

http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/images/products/detail/295dual.jpg

Extremely lightwieght, highly breathable and cool, amazing traction.

Those look really nice.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. I'm looking for some too. Not a fluorescent green/orange marathon shoe and not low-cut hikers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Merrell's.... It's what I rock and run!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I use to get Merrels but Keen holds up much better and look a lot better too IMO.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Salomon
Haix
When I think of "tactical" sneakers I think of those two shoes.  I have a pair of the Salomons and love them, very comfy and will last years.  My buddy has the Haix and he has nothing but praise for them also.  BTW that's retail on the Salomons, you can find them lots cheaper on other websites.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Not tactical but, I used to wear New Balance 621's in the summer working the PJ's.  Brooks also makes several of their running shoes in all black.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#10]

They come in 8", 6" and I think even regular shoes,  Water proof or not with saftey toes or without and are super comfy.  My only complaint is the sole life.  I get about a year out of mine but I walk like a tard so the out side of my heel gets ground down.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Merrel Chameleon 4 Stretch.
Fits your description to a tee.
Anti-microbial, Vibram sole with aggressive tread, bungee laces with a quick slide adjustment.

And possibly the most comfortable out of the box shoes I've ever worn. Absolutely no break in necessary on mine.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Salomon is the correct answer. I wear them daily.

Quoted:
Salomon
Haix
When I think of "tactical" sneakers I think of those two shoes.  I have a pair of the Salomons and love them, very comfy and will last years.  My buddy has the Haix and he has nothing but praise for them also.  BTW that's retail on the Salomons, you can find them lots cheaper on other websites.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/marvinmx250/Converse/p.jpg

They come in 8", 6" and I think even regular shoes,  Water proof or not with saftey toes or without and are super comfy.  My only complaint is the sole life.  I get about a year out of mine but I walk like a tard so the out side of my heel gets ground down.

My own experience with these boots was different. These were hands down the worst boots I had put on my feet. Bulky enough to be moon boots and hot as hell. Literally fell apart in a few months.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like the flat black, plain look of the Inov8 Roclite 295 Tacticals - but they don't seem to have a gortex liner or any thing anti-microbial on the inside.

The Haix Black Eagles seem to have both of them though and are pretty good looking.

I love neoprene & lycra & that seems to be what the Merrill's internals are made out of & that sounds great, but I'm just not sure how durable that will be long term.

So basically I don't know what to do lol.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Get some trail shoes if you want something with good grip. Merrell, Brooks, or New Balance. They have some not so bright color options.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the Salomons mentioned above. Great shoes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top