Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2013 7:22:49 PM EDT
So I've never really been into the modern camo patterns until now. Long story short after some googling I couldn't find any tests in a similar environment to mine. Below are pics of my area (not my photos)

and a ton of this

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Kryptek highlander or multicam.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
ATACS-AU is gonna blend into that like it was made to do it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
multicam
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 2:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ATACS-AU is gonna blend into that like it was made to do it.

This.  Kryptec and MC might work ok, ATACS-AU will excel.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Poll Added...
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude.  Just go buy  a lower end pouch or bag in each and test yourself.  Hell you might even be able to just get fabric samples.  Take pics in different lighting.  You be the judge. Then post your findings.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
That environment is much like my place in SE AZ.  I've had great results from ATACS and ATACS FG.  The others will work as well but maybe not AS WELL if you get my meaning.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I must have spent 5 minutes trying to find someone in those pics before I read the post.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#9]
MARPAT Woodland works great for my AO
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I must have spent 5 minutes trying to find someone in those pics before I read the post.

I had the stock of one of my hunting rifles dipped in ATACS-AU, and it's a trip setting it down.
You better remember where you left it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 4:32:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump for more opinions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#12]
All of them will be good, honestly fieldcraft will trump camo pattern every time- if you are standing up in a cotton field, no camo is going to conceal you very well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Where in TX are? San Angelo, Abilene???
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I like Multicam, because it works well in three out of four season here in my State. If I go with ATACS or the other wonder camos they'll cover maybe one or two seasons.

In addition, Multicam is the Glock of camo. Almost everyone does their gear in multicam and there are a lot of options for clothing in it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like Multicam, because it works well in three out of four season here in my State. If I go with ATACS or the other wonder camos they'll cover maybe one or two seasons.

In addition, Multicam is the Glock of camo. Almost everyone does their gear in multicam and there are a lot of options for clothing in it.

West TX only has one season.  That second picture especially is ATACS-AU.  If you lost something in that pattern out here, good luck ever finding it again.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where in TX are? San Angelo, Abilene???

Mainly about north west of Lubbock in the middle of no were, but I hunt frequently around the post area.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

West TX only has one season.  That second picture especially is ATACS-AU.  If you lost something in that pattern out here, good luck ever finding it again.

Very true! Thanks! Judging by your avatar your in west texas too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

San Angelo, the picture is from Idaho though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#19]
multricam will work fine, lots of browns in it just like your environment plus there is a lot of multicam gear, atac can be a hassle to find matching gear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 4:30:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

San Angelo, the picture is from Idaho though.

You win the "who lives closest to me" prize and therefore I pick your opinion.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Atacs looks cool and will be until kryptec becomes obtainable I suppose. I like multicam but I go from Ohio to north carolina,Arizona and sometimes I deploy so multicam is my current favorite. You can always mix gear up. No laws saying you can't.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks to everyone, I think I'm going to go with an ATACS-AU/Multicam combo on my gear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Atacs looks cool and will be until kryptec becomes obtainable I suppose. I like multicam but I go from Ohio to north carolina,Arizona and sometimes I deploy so multicam is my current favorite. You can always mix gear up. No laws saying you can't.

what's the dealio on this?
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I was all for A-TACS FG, but I watched this video. It's really changed my opinion. I'm for Multicam
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was all for A-TACS FG, but I watched this video. It's really changed my opinion. I'm for Multicam

Thanks! but that guys environment is NOTHING like mine.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I've posted these up before, but they may be relevant to your thread.  Both are in TX, near Cleburne on the same property.  The first is A-TACS AU in the winter.  The bottom two ares A-TACS FG in the spring.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#27]
A-TACS FG in a wooded area, springtime in TX, with multicam to compare:

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A-TACS FG in a wooded area, springtime in TX, with multicam to compare:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8522/8679810397_6391c47c6b_b.jpg

so is there a funny story behind this photo? seen it 3-4 times...
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Ahh no.. Just medical scenario training.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ahh no.. Just medical scenario training.

The guy wearing the blue camo should have been the wounded. I think both camo patterns work really well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#31]
color changes in atacs are not sharp enough to break up the human shape imho. its too blurry. nature isnt blurry. maybe im just tarded.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Was hunting with a friend who is a marine, and no fan of multicam, last fall.  I was wearing the multicam and by the end of the trip he had changed his mind on the stuff.  He said it was a little weird how I would shift and disapear as I walk.

My spelling is horable so I edit alot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
color changes in atacs are not sharp enough to break up the human shape imho. its too blurry. nature isnt blurry. maybe im just tarded.

this, i can't use atacs at all here in my environment (PNW), even multicam is too bright 90% of the time, i have to use marpat woodland for the majority of stuff...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top